Do you sing in the car?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
So I always play my iPod in shuffle mode when playing U2 music.
Last night around 2am, on the drive back home from playing poker (About an hour), I was blasting the stereo, listening to "Do You Feel Loved" and "Mofo" and other various songs from the guys.
I was yelling "Mother, mother-suckin' rock an'roll."....and this girl pulls up to me and shakes her head. :reject:

Btw, I think I blew one of the rear speakers. :grumpy:

Good times.

I ALWAYS sing, and at the top of my lungs, too! :D

A friend was driving next to me once, and I of course didn't notice her, and was belting a song out and really getting into it. She called me to ask if I liked the song. :lol:

I really don't care what I look like when I drive and sing, but it was pretty funny to have someone I know see me doing it. :D

Always, at the top of my lungs, adding harmony parts when necessary. :wink: Fortunately, my windows are tinted (on a crap car, which is pretty ridiculous, but it was like that when I bought it), so most people are spared the vision of me looking like a moron.

When other people are in the car.... not so much. It depends; there's a few people who have no shame and sing with me and it's all great fun, but the radio must be blaring for that to happen -- when attempting some of Chris Cornell's screamy high notes, for example. I gotta make sure I'm drowned out if anyone else is in hearing range.

But the best thing? Those late night drives when my best friend is in town, and we'll put it on our local cheesy soft-rock station and re-live our childhoods. There's nothing quite like belting out "I Want to Know What Love Is" or "I Said I Loved You But I Lied" (good lord, remember that song?) or anything by Journey or Phil Collins. Yes, I mean BELTING. Without irony.

Have I mentioned that I'm a dork of gigantic proportions?

Last edited:
RedrocksU2 said:
So I always play my iPod in shuffle mode when playing U2 music.
Last night around 2am, on the drive back home from playing poker (About an hour), I was blasting the stereo, listening to "Do You Feel Loved" and "Mofo" and other various songs from the guys.
I was yelling "Mother, mother-suckin' rock an'roll."....and this girl pulls up to me and shakes her head. :reject:

Btw, I think I blew one of the rear speakers. :grumpy:

Good times.

My hero.
:bow: :rockon:

I dance in my car, i cant help myself.

Not really. I only just got access to a car since I got married (a few months ago) and we've had snow with treacherous road conditions plus tires that are overdue for replacement, so I need to have all my wits about me. :yikes:

That, and our stations play nothing worth singing along with :tsk:

Have to answer yes to that one. Always sing in the car, even do a little drum playing on the steering wheel from time to time, only when no one is with me though.
I have blown several speakers at different times too.

If you are getting that crackling noise from your speaker than you definatley blew the speaker out. At least you were having a good time when it happend. :)

I do sing in the car, and with enthusiasm. And if I see others singing, it makes my day.

True story...one morning a friend and I were commuting to work. Sitting forever at a stoplight, we were rapping and dancing along with Ms. New Booty by Bubba Sparxxx. We could see people around us smiling and laughing. It felt good to give the people a show and give them something to smile about on an otherwise crappy commute. :D

all the time! I love my drive to and from work, I plug in my ipod, put in on the 'all u2' playlist on shuffle, and sing all the way down the road, lol!
Tonight it was Bad, Flower Child, Sunday Bloody Sunday and Love Comes Tumbling. It would have been a lot more songs but I had to turn it off and talk on the phone, lol!

Always baby. I love to sing my lungs out in the car. Hell I want to go to a Karaoke Bar now. :wink:

I generally don't sing in the car even when the volume is way up because I can still hear myself and trust me, that's not good. Where I do sometimes sing along though is at home with my headphones on. The headphones put the music right in my head and block out my lousy voice so I can belt one out sometimes.

The cats and dog usually leave the room.... ::reject:

I sing loudly, dance, hand motions by myself, with friends, family anyone.

I have an infamous story of being caught singing a song by the artist of the song who was in the next car. He motioned for us to wind down the window where he proceeded to sing along with us till the lights went green and then blew us kisses and drove off. Needless to say it was hilarious! :giggle:

I definitely sing in the car, and play drums. I rarely listen to the radio, since I have the Ipod or CDs and such...but, what I miss were those rare times when I'd be singing along to a song on the radio and would see someone else singing to the same song. Love moments like that, and, in general, love seeing others singing in their cars. Just these little moments of human connectivity, I enjoy them. Oh, my singing is horrendous, I should point out. :)

dazzlingamy said:

I have an infamous story of being caught singing a song by the artist of the song who was in the next car. He motioned for us to wind down the window where he proceeded to sing along with us till the lights went green and then blew us kisses and drove off. Needless to say it was hilarious! :giggle:

which artist was this? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom