Do you, or anyone you know do or have done cocaine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
I apologise for the serious topic, but any personal information you have on the subject would be appreciated. I am not here to judge, just to seek some information that one can't read about in online news articles.

I guess my confession is I am trying to figure out if my friend does. :sigh:

My friend did cocaine

He was depressed, moody, used to harm himself, became very withdrawn, lost his sense of humour, he completely changed, he spent most of his time alone.

He was on different types of drugs though so I don't know how cocaine affected him, I think he said once he took it because it made him feel happy but in the end he got depressed and was on heroine.

He has stopped now and is much the better for it.

Nobody could stop him doing it though he had to admit to himself he was addicted to drugs and asked for help.

Sorry I couldnt give you any more help.

:hug:

angel i hope your friend gets help. i knew someone who did cocaine but i didnt find out til after the fact. without going into much detail, he acted irrationally and nearly killed someone close to me. i dont know if he's stopped, i haven't spoken to him since then.

I guy I still know USED to do a lot, but only does pot and a bit of whizz now - not good but better than coke, crack or smack.

He became paranoid and when his anger blew - woah! - he would be like a mad man!

Stuck with him though and used to 'bug' him about it, but if someone wants to come off it then it's gotta be thier own choice.

yeah i know someone who has, and has supposedly stopped.

it makes you a fucking psycho basically. at first it's like "ooh yay i feel all energized and can take on the world!" then you become a paranoid monster liable to bite someone's head off at any moment because something ticked you off.

terrible stuff.:|
please note that all the comments about the person turning into an asshole, moodiness, etc. etc. it's usually because they've come down...and come down HARD from their cocaine buzz. Call it a crash if you will, which makes them moody as all hell.
Angel...if what you're asking is "how can you tell if your friend is doing coke?"....the best way to tell is if your friend is babbling uncontrollably and happy and pretty much invincible one moment..
And a moody monster the next, that will pretty much give you your answer.
And they tend to stay up all night, too. But this isn't AS obvious as a sign of someone who's doing coke, but if they're doing coke..they don't sleep on it. At all.

I would get more into why I know about it, but I won't here in this thread. Maybe in PM's. PM me if you need to know more, Angel :wave: Someone very close to me had a BIG BIG problem with it...so I know more than I want to, lol.

To add to what everyone else has said Angel--also watch your friend and see if he/she does this 'thing' with his/her throat. It's like this swallowing, jaw stretch thing. Often, when someone is on coke (and other things that are snorted) there is a drip down the back of the throat and a constant feeling of a need to swallow. I'll see people on TV and be pretty sure they've just snorted 'something'

But the mood swings and actions described above are a BIG indication!

My experiences with coke are not personal in that I've done it (that was one drug that I would NEVER do)...but a family member did it and his actions resulted in a crap few years of my life. It's hard to forget.

I know a few people who do it occasionally, and it hasn't affected them in a permanent way (yet). I don't know if I would try it. I don't think I will simply because I am scared to death of getting hooked on anything, I don't have the money to live off of, let alone support a drug habit.

I do smoke marijuana on a very rare occasion (once or twice every other month or so at most), and have tried magic mushrooms in the past. I also will try acid ONCE some time in college, to see the experience. But anything harder is a no-no for me, and even still the LSD is only intended to be a one-time thing, if ever.

Never did coke and do not intend to do so. I?ve heard that some people on coke are constantly licking their lips. Maybe this has to do with the throat habit see above.

I heard definitely scratching the nose and sniffling...people in my college thought I did coke cos I was constantly doing that but I have bad allergies.

This is sort of OT, but I used to work with this guy who was constantly sniffing, and he went into the bathroom alot, like 3-4 times an hour. Later we found out that he had a coke problem. We just thought that he had a cold constantly.

I was just thinking about this again today, my friend was really really paranoid I see other ppl mentioned this anyway.

I dont know if my friend sniffled or not because he has hayfever so he usually sounds like he has a cold and I only really seen him during spring/ summer cus he goes to uni in Dublin from september - he also drank a lot of water but hes like a camel hes always drank lots of water.

I hope your friend is okay Angel :hug:

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
Never did coke and do not intend to do so. I?ve heard that some people on coke are constantly licking their lips. Maybe this has to do with the throat habit see above.
it's true! well at least imo it is. case in point, john taylor, famous coke addict. someone amassed a bunch of pictures (it wasn't me, i swear) of him licking his lips, biting his lips, etc. tons of pics, i swear. these are all during the 80s and early 90s, when he was on coke. now that he's finally off of it, he never does it anymore.

i'm not sure if it's true whether or not people on coke lick their lips constantly, but i've seen the correlation.

Yeah, jaw clenching, licking, sniffing, rubbing nose, swallowing, darty eyes, sweat, and I'd describe the personality as 'boombastic'.

I worked in the music industry for 3 and a bit years and so was around the stuff virtually everyday. Personally I know I have a ridiculously addictive personality and umm love of 'fun' that I'm not the best at controlling. I've only done it twice and that was enough for me to know that it was good, very good, and I shouldn't go near it again.

several friends of mine are into it but i have never seen them do it or really been able to tell. Coke is definately not for me life is kinda wacky enough on its own.

I did it once.

Haven't done it since, and don't want to.

I can see why it's so addictive.

Back
Top Bottom