do you like yourself?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irvine511 said:

and, Canadians, i think it wouldn't be either "gay" or "masturbation," it would be incest.

gross, you. :madspit:

I think it would be gay incestuous masturbation, or GIM as we call it 'round here. The only thing more taboo than that would involve a twin sister and her clone.

Angela - I hope your case wasn't attempting to prove that I'm a self absorbed prick. :sigh: I make things too easy.

Do I like myself? Not particularly. I can be such a child most of the time. Occasionally, I'm not very self-interested, but most of the time..meh. Yah. But I'm somewhat okay with not liking myself. I guess I'm just not so into the whole pop psychobabble about always loving yourself. It gets saccharine.

Hinder said:
But I'm somewhat okay with not liking myself. I guess I'm just not so into the whole pop psychobabble about always loving yourself. It gets saccharine.

hmm ... interesting

i think i agree

you shouldnt hate yourself either though, that shit is lame

I think everyone should just be alright with themselves. Unless you're just so awesome that you can't help but love yourself :wink:

Sure, I like myself for the most part... when it comes to personal interests, life choices, decisions etc. Does that I mean I wouldn't change anything? Hell no! I wish I could be better at a bunch of things that I want to say I'm constantly working on. But I end up relaxing and having fun during those few and far between, fleeting weekends to ever get going on those things. :help: :wink:

Don't you see the smilies up the top here?

UberBeaver said:

I think it would be gay incestuous masturbation, or GIM as we call it 'round here. The only thing more taboo than that would involve a twin sister and her clone.

Angela - I hope your case wasn't attempting to prove that I'm a self absorbed prick. :sigh: I make things too easy.

I was thinking how much your literature degree is wasted on us scumbags of interference. It's almost criminal. Almost, but not quite.

:hmm:

Oh, yes. I thought I was hallucinating though. Flashbacks and shit.

Well, if you can find a place that would pay my generously to ramble like an idiot, tell me who to call. Me and my degree are more than happy to whore ourselves out.

no. i hate who i am. i care too much about others, and not enough about myself. i have a pile of emotions screaming to be let out, but i won't let them be released. everything is about everyone else, and i like it that way. i hate attention, i can't stand it. don't get me wrong, i am a good public speaker, but i like to listen and see what people are doing. i like to learn from others. i do not like who i am. i wish i was someone else. but i guess we all do.

Last edited:
AtomicBono said:

hmm ... interesting

i think i agree

you shouldnt hate yourself either though, that shit is lame

I think everyone should just be alright with themselves. Unless you're just so awesome that you can't help but love yourself :wink:

Why lame? Is there some reaosn a person should automatically always be alright with oneself? How does one grow if one always /likes/ oneself?

Seriously, think about it.

I like myself a lot, and I know I am above average wen it comes to being a decent person. BUT....I have difficulty in believing other ppl would accept me due to issues I have which basically fuck my life up.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't

A lot of times I get frustrated with myself because I can't handle a situation as well as I'd hope I would, or if I look back at thing's I've said to people or done, and feel a little sick about it afterwards.

As for hanging out with myself. I don't know. I'd probably like myself as a buddy. I do have this obnoxious trait of being brutaly honest/blunt when talking to people, which usually end up making me look like an asshole. But when I do say things like that it's usually something that everyone else always wants to say, but happen to have the self-control/courtesy not to say it. :D

Lancemc said:

As for hanging out with myself. I don't know. I'd probably like myself as a buddy. I do have this obnoxious trait of being brutaly honest/blunt when talking to people, which usually end up making me look like an asshole. But when I do say things like that it's usually something that everyone else always wants to say, but happen to have the self-control/courtesy not to say it. :D

:love: you sound just like my friends :wink: I much prefer brutally honest people to fake people.

you're cool in my book :up:

and Hinder - yeah, if you're upset with yourself you should try to improve, but there are some flaws you can't get rid of, and sitting around in a corner moping because you fucking hate yourself won't make anything in your life better. That's why that shit is lame. And trust me, I know all about it.

Yeah I'd say I'm pretty cool so I'd hang out with myself. Plus when I got drunk with myself, we could both fall down stairs and run around lamp posts in circles together :love:

Back
Top Bottom