Do you get banned for telling someone FOAD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by kobayashi:
ok so maybe my viggo wasn't viggo. but who on earth is viggo?

*sigh* Oh kobesan, my dear friend, you may be sorry you asked that question.
biggrin.gif

Here's the biography entry from the Internet Movie Database:

Viggo Mortensen
Since his screen debut as a young Amish Farmer in Peter Weir's Witness (1985), Viggo Mortensen's career has been marked by a steady string of well-rounded performances. Critics have continually recognized his work in over thirty movies, including such diverse projects as Jane Campion's Portrait of a Lady, The (1996), Sean Penn's Indian Runner, The (1991), Brian De Palma's Carlito's Way (1993), Ridley Scott's G.I. Jane (1997), Tony Scott's Crimson Tide (1995), Andrew Davis' Perfect Murder, A (1998), Ray Loriga's Pistola de mi hermano, La (1997), and Tony Goldwyn's Walk on the Moon, A (1999).

Born in New York to a Danish father and an American mother, Mortensen spent the early part of his childhood in Manhattan. His family traveled a great deal and he spent several years living in Venezuela, Argentina, and Denmark. He began acting in New York, studying with Warren Robertson. He appeared in several plays and movies, and eventually moved to Los Angeles, where his performance in "Bent" at the Coast Playhouse earned him a Drama-logue Critic's Award. Mortensen is also an accomplished poet, photographer, and painter.

Trivia

Viggo is the ex-husband of Exene Cervenka, the singer of the punk band X.

Had a book of poetry printed before he was known. The title: "Ten Last Night."

Speaks fluent English, Spanish and Danish.

Father of Henry Mortensen.

He actually painted the large murals in his artist's studio in the film Perfect Murder, A (1998).

Lived in South America from age 2 to age 11.

Is a photographer.

Has been photographing for years, recently debuted with an exhibition at the Robert Mann Gallery in NYC. - American Photo, July/August 2000

Writes poetry in his spare time.

Is also a jazz musician - he has released three CDs so far.

Worked as a truck driver while living in Denmark

Lost a tooth while filming a fight sequence for "The Fellowship of the Ring".

Replaced Stuart Townsend in the role of Aragorn/Strider in The Lord of the Rings, after filming began.

Got so into his character of Aragorn that 'The Lord Of The Rings' director Peter Jackson once addressed him as Aragorn for over half an hour, and Viggo didn't even realise it.

Oh and he's not bad on the eyes either.
wink.gif

us01.jpg

oh. i gotta get around to seeing lotr sometime...

who was he in carlito's way? would anyone know that.

Originally posted by SweetOnU2:
How did this thread turn into a Viggo thread? LOL Sula!
biggrin.gif

Not that I'm complaining! I mean *DROOL*

It was my fault. Sorrrrryyyyyyyyyy.
frown.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Don't apologize...who can resist a man with a dog?

vanityfair98.jpg

*Viggo-fies the thread a bit more*

No need to be sorry for changing the subject of this thread to a MUCH better subject!

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

~**The LONE She-Wolf of PLEBA!**~

Back
Top Bottom