disappointment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Recently my studio submitted some of my artwork to an art show in New York City. It's part of a service for institutionalized people called Hospital Audiences Incorporated. I just found out they turned me down for this year's exhibit. This is pretty routine in art, artwork gets turned down, or (in my opinion) even worse, if you're in the performing arts you get a bad review. One of my sisters is a professional dancer and she's gotten a gazillion bad reviews. The people at the studio liked my work enough to submit it; I got chosen over one of my classmates. I'm trying to think of all the positive things, including a very unexpected competition win earlier this year, which resulted in the purchase of one of my pix (the one in my avatar) by the state's gas company, Energen. It's now on permanent display in their gallery. Still, this is not exactly the best day of my life. Rats! What the hell, I'm going to abuse the hell out of my favorite smilie. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Verte, I think I know how you feel. It's like everytime I apply for a good scholarship and then my advisor tells me she was pulling for me, but I was voted in second or third place. Well, second or third place gets you big fat ZERO dollars. :(

You paint for you, first and foremost. They cant take that off you and you dont need them to continue it.

I hope you have more highs from now on, though.
:hug:

This is giving me some ideas for another picture. It's going to be pretty gross because I'm going to be in it with a great big bloody wound and some monster is going to be wielding a giant sword. It won't win an aesthetics competition.

Verte is Interference's own Van Gogh, as far as I'm concerned! :yes: :up: :applaud: Hell, even U2 has gotten bad reviews. All fields have their idiot critics. :D

LOOK at this stuff guys! :bow:

pelicanpiety.jpg

africanwell.jpg

:bow:

Sherry, OMG!!! I've sold both those paintings BTW, the African Well picture was auctioned off at a fundraiser for, appropriately enough, the African Well Fund.

I'm going to at least take some time off from the studio. I'm just really tired and exasperated with this whole situation.

:hug: Verte

Oh I hate rejection letters! Even though I know they are just part of the deal, they really hurt when they come. They always make me wanna cry.

You just have to believe in yourself and your art. And you've had some really good successes Verte...it still hurts, but don't let it get you down. You have a lot of talent to share. :yes:

fah said:
I'm sorry :hug:

But I'm already looking forward to the return of your avatar :)

That old avatar isn't saved to my current disk. I might bring it back but it's sort of doubtful. It'll just bring back bad memories.

fah said:
I'm sorry :hug:

But I'm already looking forward to the return of your avatar :)

That's not possible. The old avatar isn't saved to my present disk, it was saved to my old disk. The picture itself is now in a gallery somewhere in Birmingham and we can't re-photograph it. So it's gone.

Thanks fah, that's very thoughtful of you and I do appreciate it. Actually it's entirely possible for me to use any of those pix for an avatar. All I have to do is right-click. I do really love the censored smilie, and it suits the mood I'm currently in. So it's my avatar for awhile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom