Decisions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I am so heart broken lol
I work for a security company and I am contracted by an Internet Security company as a receptionist.
Well we lost that part of the contract and a new company is moving in. If I stayed I would lose all vacation time, my pay rate would stay the same, and the insurance premium would be 60/40. If I left my boss has one place lined up for me at at a little bit higher rate, I would not have to pay for my premium in insurance and I keep my vacation time.the sad part is I really like all the admins in this office they have always been so nice to me and the people here are really nice.

While it will be hard to leave your current job at least you have something more promising to move on to. Sounds like this other job has a lot of great benefits. Just because you leave doesn't mean that you have to lose touch with your co-workers right?

I had the opposite problem - I got offered a job I wanted more and would have liked, but the pay was slightly less and there was less vacation and if I stuck with my current job I'd make slightly more and have more vacation but not enjoy the work so much. I LIVE for my vacations (which are just going to my mom's cousin's cottage, my family can't afford to travel), so it was an easy choice for me and I chose more vacation.

What about job security? Opportunities to advance? I'd consider those...

I am fine with Job Security. I could apply for a manager spot, but I don't want the headaches. Plus with these last 3 years in clerical/admin experience that can help in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom