December stress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Does anyone else feel especially stressed out during December? I just feel more pressure and stress during December because I have to do more social things and I'm naturally really shy. I think it also may be the effect of less sunlight, it's dark by 5 P.M.

Oops! I started two threads! How the hell did I do that? Anyway, yes, we also have three birthdays in my family in December, so yes, there are many obligations and pressures.

Just say no! I did more than 10 years ago. No more gift-giving holiday stress for me. The amusing thing is that my family insisted that they still wanted to give me gifts even though I wasn't giving them any and asked them not to give me any. They all said, "We love you and it makes us happy to give you gifts and we understand why you don't want to participate but Christmas is about giving, not receiving, so we're still giving you gifts!" Yeah, right. That lasted about 2 years before it apparently got old to keep giving gifts and not receiving them in return. :laugh:

I'm doing great now. Shopping is never a big deal b/c I go to my bf's family in Iowa for Thanksgiving and on the way, we stop at the Old Navy outlet and gift shop before Thanksgiving. My exam schedule was pretty tame this semester and I just have one left. I had some HUGE issues with finances b/c I had to take out two new student loans to pay for the class in Africa and Financial Services put them in the wrong account, credited them towards spring tuition, and then said there was no way to get them back. My mom and I put up a big stink for over a week and finally made them break (it helped that the lady in charge just started working there, so she basically let us tell her what to do). Work is alright - this is actually the slowest time of the year (I do tech support and everyone is gone). I like to just light my Christmas scented candles and watch TV in bed with an electric blanket and eat Christmas cookies.

smilie_bett.gif

i'm already stressed!!!... my family doesn't buy gifts but we use to buy new clothes for the parties. I can't buy anything yet cuz I'm too busy doing my degree proyect and i can myself working on it on christmas' eve and new year's eve. That sucks but I will graduate soon and that cheers me up ...

this is also when teachers cram all their tests/projects/crap before the break so we don't forget it. i also don't like it getting dark around 5, because i feel like i have to get all my errands done by then. i hate it.

Is it just me or does it feel like at Christmas, you've just had it with all your coworkers and the thought of stomaching them for one more day makes your stomach turn?

December is horribly stressful. I actually just saw a piece on the news last night where they were talking about how there is a really high incidence of heart attacks on Christmas Day. :(

verte....could you try the pill? I used to have the most horrendous symptoms - migraines for five days, gut wrenching cramps, sore throats - and I eventually took too much naproxen so I developed chest pains when taking the OTC pills. Dr. said I could try the pill and it has REALLY helped, even in two months time. I just did the regular schedule where you still get periods and even then it cut everything (pain, bleeding, PMS) down by at least half of what it used to be.

Something's got to change. I don't know what it'll be as I'm not that far from menopause age. Egads, this stress is absolutely unforgiving. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

You're not alone verte. For some reason, my body feels extra exhausted in December than any other month. I grow more anti-social, my impatience is more visible and I just want to sleep.

I think it's because I spend the first 11 months holding all that baggage in and by the time December rolls around, I have no choice but to let it all out. :crazy:

Bono said the only baggage that you can't bring is all that you can leave behind--but it's a lot easier said than done though.

I get stressed because of the money I spend. I dont like spending money! This year, I am trying to cut back on the presents and just buy a few nice things but I have already gone over my budget and I am not finished with shooping yet.
Its terrible, but I will be glad when Christmas is over.

Back
Top Bottom