Dare I even look in my closet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unforgettableFOXfire

I serve MacPhisto
Ok, well, I was bored and so I decided to clean the top shelf of my closet... To find some of the most random crap ever known to man :D

I found 2-XL, the Tiger-Toys toy robot/learning tool thing.
I found what can only be described as a wooden duck painted only with primer.
A poloroid of me from 1995.
A Coleco head-to-head hockey game that my dad used to own, still with its original box and stuff, and it still works, even though its an electronic toy from 1979.
Two, what I can only assume are deer/caribou vertabrae that my grandpa must have brought back from the Yukon. Theres a leg bone of some variety too that goes along with it. Random bones hurrah!
A 750mL CocaCola bottle, empty, and made within the last 10 years, but I cant say how it came into my possession let alone ended up in my closet.
A pull-string "Dinosaurs" toy of 'The Baby', from the series that went through the early 90s, still in its original box. Though, to my chagrin, I found that pulling the string didnt result in 'Im the baby, gotta love me!' but rather 'schhchhrhrahhhrhrhchhhh' and other miscellaneous noises that can only be attributed to the break-down of whatever rubbers and plastics were in there.
I also found my cowboy hat from when I went to North Dakota/Montana/Alberta for the Calgary Stampede and the Canadian National Scout's Jambouree in 1993 - alas, it no longer fits.
And finally, my Hartford Whalers and Toronto Maple Leafs jerseys from back in the day when I usedta play road hockey all the time... Now, what you must understand, is that Wendel Clark is my second favourite player ever, next only to Mario Lemieux, and thusly I bought a Toronto jersey even though I hate the leafs simply because he was pretty much a career player for the leafs. Where the Whalers jersey came from, Im not quite sure, but I think I acquired it from my old neighbours when they had a garage sale... Neither of them fit anymore, but its still novel to have found them.

Anyways... I just thought you would all like to know, that no matter what kindsa crap you pack away over time, never will you compare to the majesty that is the random closet of time which is in my posession.

:crack:

Ohh, and here are some old baseball garder-sock things from when I played fastball... good times, good times...

*wanders off to clean some more*

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Damn, that's a lot of shit. :eek:

Ohhh thats not even the half of it ;)

Lets see... theres my nerf guns from when I was younger, all my old stuffed animals that I havent had the heart to get rid of but have rather just stuck in my closet, plus all my camping stuff, and my collector's item anniversary of scouting silver winchester .22 with all its engravings and stuff (locked up, of course)... Ohhh and lets see, my collection of buttons and pins from my travels, my school stuff, a bunch of rocks minerals and fossils... and all my badges that Ive traded over the past however long Ive been in scouts... 14 years? since I was 4... almost 15

Plus I guess we can drag out another confession, taht theres half a 26er of vodka in there too... buuuuut we wont go there, thanks. :laugh:

Its good that I have a big closet :lol:

tiny dancer said:
You must have a huge :shocked: closet.

2 feet deep, same height as my ceiling (7.5 feet), and 6.5 feet wide. Rather than having one door that opens and closes, its got 3 doors that slide back and forth. Its big insofaras its broad, but its not so big as that anyone could walk into it.

I built a small bookshelf in there which keeps my pants and shirts and stuff, and a very short length of bar that allows for the hanging of my formals. However, I do have 6 boxes of stuff on top of the loose crap which Ive only managed to fit in there through my high spacial organization skills.

Theres a lot of stuff I dont need, dont use, and probably never will use in the future, but I dunno... I like hanging onto it anyway :\

Now that Ive reorganized all the stuff mentioned above, Ive managed to find room for most of my extra golf stuff, and my skates/helmet. This will either facilitate rearranging my room, or (hopefully) moving into my grandparents basement with relatively little hassle.

Another confession: I often relate things back to myself. Some call it self-centeredness, I call it pragmatism. Seeing is believing, and if I can relate it back to something Ive experienced, I can understand it better. However, thats not to say that when people actually do pay attention to me that I dont enjoy using that attention to try and expose myself a little. Anyways, Ill be quiet now lol

:| i am going through everything I own and packing it to store. Currently it looks like I will have two packing chests and one large suitcase. yes, i am also impressed. :yes:

All I got on the top of my wardrobe is 2 U2vinyls one of which I am kidding myself is valuable :D, my wedding shoes, and one of each variety of newspaper we could get on the day my daughter was born - to give to her when she is old enough to realise it could be an interesting read.

Stacked in the hanging space below that however....I dare not look.

hang on to the whalers jersey.

is it the oldest one or the stylized one before they moved south?

Bonoman: Yep, my lego is in my closet too.. I still have bits and peices of the older Space Police, the space exploration one with the ice planet, and then the earlier sets of Pirate lego with the island fortress.

Koby: The whalers jersey is green, the older one with the white whale's tail/fins that are shaped such that the fins look like a W and the space between the tail and the fins form an H. The only thing that sets it apart from the newer ones is in the fact that theyre white instead of blue and green. So yes. Old one. Though it is only a kids size. :shrug: I still intend on keeping it.

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
So yes. Old one. Though it is only a kids size. :shrug: I still intend on keeping it.

thats awesome.
you should put 'liut' and '1' on it accordingly.

*peeks into her own closet box

a few random cds
antique feather boa
red wig from halloween a few years back
a scrapbook
five vinyl albums
one dozen dried long stem roses
steak knife

:crazy:

OK, you made me look. It kind of sucks since for my birthday my uncle put in a closet organizer, not like it was messy before anyway since I'm a total neat freak. :der:

Top shelf:
- box of photos
- purses
- back issues of "Q", 2001 - present
- old letters (also in a box)

Middle shelf (in between the two racks of my clothes):
- photo album
- NBC Experience bag from NYC with misc. memorabillia from that trip inside
- shorts/t-shirts folded up

:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom