Cursing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got the most f-bombs in one sentence award for my class I took this summer, what had happened is that my professor pissed me off and I just went nuts, even I was was surprise at my mouth and then to have it recorded on one of my classmates voice recorders really got me I was like Damn that isnt me is it? and he goes Oh yes it was it was scary and funny all at the same time. Then my professor of the last day yesterday was naming people and what awards he would give them and I got the most f-bomb in one sentence award:lol:

C. I used to have a mouth like a sailor when I was a teenager, but have managed to tone it down. Like others have said, I'll swear around friends or whatever, but not around some co-workers, or when I see my parents. I once swore in front of my mom when I was a kid, and I got in shitloads of trouble for doing that. :lol: My language is pretty colourful when I'm driving, or if I trip and hurt myself. I'm a bit of a klutz. :D

Fuck and shit are by far my favourites, and most often used.

C.
I say 'shit' very often, but I mostly swear in Dutch. That involves a lot of bodyparts (kut, that's the c word) and diseases (tyfus, tering, kolere/ klere, kanker). I never swear with the word 'kanker' (cancer), though, that's too rude!

We also have a 'dutchification' for the f word, so we say 'fok' and 'fokking'. The rest sounds something like this: Godverdomme tyfus tering kut hoerenzooi!
:
Hm, agreed. I use the K word a lot but it doesn't have the same impact as the English word has. For us it's more similar to shit.. kolere/klere I use aswell, that's not quite a disease. It comes from ages ago I think.

I wouldn't dare to use those, as I have a music teacher whose name is quite close to that. :lol: I'm always careful using the word fuck around him anyway, I remember one ocasion where things were going pretty badly and one girl just was swearing fucking this fucking that... he faked being really insulted. :giggle:

This is the most civilised, classy discussion I've ever heard to discuss swearing :lol:

I tried to get onto him, but just got his voicemail. He said something he was busy sleeping with lasses.

Aw. And he never really answered Ax's offer to blow him either. Shame that.

We can be civilised in this fucking discussion right? :yes:

Principals!:tsk: It's crazy how they measure with two standards. I was in a Christian high school and if one of the teachers would catch you using the c word, they just told you that you had a bad mouth. But if you used the 'damnit' word with 'God-' put in front of it, you could get detention.

Oh right, that one I use often too. Either just damn, or with god in front of it. Though mostly just damn, since the latter reminds me of my dad when he's in one of his foul moods. His favourite word is goddamnit then.

So you don't just yell out a disease, it's used like "I hope you get ---- and die!" sort of thing? I guess I just can't picture someone saying "Oh cancer!" when spilling coffee on the way to a job interview like I'd say "Oh fuck!"

Usually 'cool' kids use it as an exaggeration, as in oh wow this thing is cancer cool, you're cancer nuts man... that kinda stuff.
Or if used with an insult, jew becomes cancer jew.. cancer asshole... they just put it infront of almost anything. :sigh:

Jew is still being used as an insult?

You be surprised at what is still being used now days. Jew is used a lot here, I always referred it to someone being greedy? if it was use but now everyone uses it for everything. Its sad same with the N word I really dislike. Here in the states they use alot of raciest comments to people

I got the most f-bombs in one sentence award for my class I took this summer, what had happened is that my professor pissed me off and I just went nuts, even I was was surprise at my mouth and then to have it recorded on one of my classmates voice recorders really got me I was like Damn that isnt me is it? and he goes Oh yes it was it was scary and funny all at the same time. Then my professor of the last day yesterday was naming people and what awards he would give them and I got the most f-bomb in one sentence award:lol:

:lol: Congrats! :wink:

Hm, agreed. I use the K word a lot but it doesn't have the same impact as the English word has. For us it's more similar to shit.. kolere/klere I use aswell, that's not quite a disease. It comes from ages ago I think.

It is, it is comes from the disease (in Dutch) 'cholera', although some say it derived from the French word 'colaire', misery.

Sadly, yes it is. Though mostly not by native Dutch people. It's the foreigners who use it, who also use the diseases mostly. :rolleyes:

It depends in what area you live, because I hear a lot of people from Brabant say it!:huh:

You be surprised at what is still being used now days. Jew is used a lot here, I always referred it to someone being greedy? if it was use but now everyone uses it for everything. Its sad same with the N word I really dislike. Here in the states they use alot of raciest comments to people

In The Netherlands too. I once was at a terrace with some friends and there was some woman sitting at the table behind us who had a little child, about 4 or 5 years old. The child picked something from the floor and the woman (of course she was a type with greasy hair, ugly and with too much gold around her neck) went in a loud voice:"Dirty Turk!! Did you have to pick that up?!!" The whole terrace was in shock as she associated Turks with being dirty.

I can't believe that people are teaching their kids to become right winged racist assholes!

In The Netherlands too. I once was at a terrace with some friends and there was some woman sitting at the table behind us who had a little child, about 4 or 5 years old. The child picked something from the floor and the woman (of course she was a type with greasy hair, ugly and with too much gold around her neck) went in a loud voice:"Dirty Turk!! Did you have to pick that up?!!" The whole terrace was in shock as she associated Turks with being dirty.

I can't believe that people are teaching their kids to become right winged racist assholes!

How sad, I know how that goes I'm part filipino and someone had the nerve to say to me you stupid nasty whore ass flip go back to you island I was pretty pissed.

So sometimes mistake me to be Mexican an they say pretty nasty thing about Mexicans right here.

Its sad how people still up to this day use racist comments. As I always say we don't live in the 50;s anymore why MLK had a dream.

How did I ever miss this little gem of a thread...:angel:

triple C,I sometime cuss people out behind their backs soo,you`d better watch out :sexywink:

I'd say I'm between a C & a D.
Most of the time I'm not even angry, it's just part of my language haha.

hmmm i dont curse in front of my parents.....

but everyone else, including teachers, friends, people i dont know, and my enemies, im definately a solid e.

i dont mean it though, and the people ive known for years dont mind, its just how i speak, and other people think im a douche

fuck them!:huh:

Swearing is bad, hasn't anyone taught you guys anything. :tsk:

Such a potty mouth you all must have.

:wink:

I'm a mix between C and D....btw this thread has been a joy to read...fuckin awesome! :D :up:

I'm C. I curse a lot in front of my friends. I also curse when I play tennis and hit the ball wrong and when I'm gaming with my friends.

I curse a lot. I mean a whole lot. Luckily, everybody at my office curses (as long as there are no clients around, of course) so it's no big deal. I used to try not to curse around my daughters but they are in high school now and hear way worse than me!

C. Cursing is natural part of my speaking though I try not to curse when getting to know some girl or just simply when speaking with someone I don't know well. But immediately as I find out that the other person is cursing I start as well and even try to curse more than usually.
I never curse in front of my family, only when I'm really angry I drop some strong words in front of my mother who curses a lot.

...I remember the time I learned a slovak word for Fuck... My friend taught me it when I was 7 years old, and when I came home I took a black marker and wrote big "fuck you" on the wall:uhoh: My mother nearly collapsed when she saw it.

OMG one time, I was just so frustrated with my brother, when our kitchen window was steamed up I just wrote 'F8ck you' on it.

haha

so days later, kitchen got steamed up and mum saw it on windows as I forgot to properly wipe it off. LOL!
needless to say she questioned what on earth I'd done!

DONT ASK! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom