Cue the Rocky Theme Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
hey everyone,

so some of you know me from around the forum, from the news forum or even articles i write for the main page of the site. (the only thing that keeps me writing for interference.com is the thought that you all might enjoy it, not because i enjoy pishing myself everytime i hit "post.")

i've been a writer all my life, but am too shy and lacking in confidence to do much with it. i wasn't raised with parents who would praise me in anything that i do, instead preferring to criticize me relentlessly - which therefore made me the incredibly insecure, scrappy girl i am today.

at any rate, now that i've moved to nyc for the purpose of enjoying life and also attempting to have a professional writing career (i can't write about U2 forever, ya'll!), i have decided to enter into a RandomHouse contest that has a grand prize of $20,000 and the chance to get published.

so i guess what i need from you guys if you feel like it (please feel like it :( ) is some good feelings, good tidings, well wishes and some sunshine up my arse. i wish i knew all of you better, but please know that i really care about all of you, and i really need some confidence here from people who have actually read my writing.

at any rate, fire away. don't let my intense vulnerability disuade you from being honest. ;) (and thanks in advance for your kindness to me these last 4 years. it truly is a pleasure to know all of you.)

Best of luck! I always enjoy reading your articles. Can I ask what you are going to write about? You can be as vague or specific as you wish. :wink:

bsp77 said:
Best of luck! I always enjoy reading your articles. Can I ask what you are going to write about? You can be as vague or specific as you wish. :wink:

Thanks!!! :)

The short story I'm going to submit is very David Sedaris-ish about one particularly odd Thanksgiving Day with my family. The upshot of it is that for no apparent reason my mom thought the day went to shit, yet no one else thought so, so she freaked out and made all the men sing a church song. :huh:

AngelofHarlem01 said:
You rock Carrie:hug: Your articles could be in any magazine out there and are 10 times better than those that are. I think all us writers for the site look up to you girl :hug:

:sad: Thanks, girlie. That means so much.

I hope you are well :hug:

yay :applaud:

good luck, you're a great writer and i'm sure you'll do well
that story sounds interesting too (aren't mothers really weird in social circumstances sometimes :huh: )

perhaps someone can find better images.... but.....
Don't forget, it's self confidence. You've already got it. Let it shine, so to say...

6005~Confidence-the-Greater-the-Obstacle-Posters.jpg

"The greater the obstacle the more glory in overcoming it."

Oh yeah, and....... well...... here's some sunshine....
.. but...... in regards to the humbleness of your original post, I'll let you decide where and how you want it...

happy%20sun.gif

63736main_Cool_Sun_Drawing_by_TheWrestler.jpg
Sun%20131.gif

Best of luck to you :rockon:
Good tidings

My grandfather was a writer, at times I´m asked to deal with his affairs.. so good luck there! esp. in dealing with publishers.

I´m waiting for a signed promo copy ;) :wave:

Carrie, you are a terrific writer with lots of talent, and you have the desire to make your professional writing dreams come true! Whenever you need a boost of self-confidence, think of your friends at Interference--we'll always be cheering you on!!! :hug:

Gosh you guys.. you all make me so :happy:.

I can't thank you enough for being so sweet to me and answering my call for confidence. It feels really, really good. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom