Cry Me A River

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ghetofabu said:
You all do know what and who the song and video are referencing here don't you. :eyebrow:

Yeah, I'm so amused that the video is such a slap in the face to Britney. Justin definitely doesn't have a problem with publicly dealing with their breakup.

Well we still don't know who did what (or who) but I think he insinuates some things. Plus the part where he kicks the pic on the table and you can see it is her when it freezes for a sec. That to me says something. It says anger.

I recently saw the video...and it is very clear who the video is about. Personally I think that it's a very low blow toward Britney, and in very bad taste for him to air that dirty laundry. I'm not trying to defend her here, but it looks like Justin is using the relationship and it's bitter ending to sell more records :| Pretty swarmy if you ask me.

In terms of the song itself....to me it is no different then the other crap music out there (nickelback, default, etc,...).

daisybean said:
using the relationship and it's bitter ending to sell more records

I think allot of artists do this. Not all but allot. They write about there lives. About love, loss, death, anger, and etc. I don't think they do it to sell more records or that he is specifically doing it. I cannot say for a fact thought because I am not him. It is just that we happen to know whom he is writing about. I do think that the video did not really need that much referencing.

Edited to add comment.

Last edited:
I like the song I seen it on MTV hits last night :shamelessface:

I am a little mad at myself. I saw a mag inline somewhere about them and the quote was something like The war is on or somethign and a picture of something but I don't know the mag (I wanna say it was people but not sure) or where I saw it. I just remembered thinking of this thread (I am so sad :sigh: ) and that I was going to mention it and maybe find a link that shows the cover and info on the article. feck. :grumpy:

yeah i am ashamed to admit that i know what magazine you are referring to Ghetto. the cover of US magazine has both of them on the cover talking about the war of the break up. however according to latest rumors, they are trying to mend things. :|

this is way too much information that i ever care to know about the two sugar pop stars. :huh: :reject: :scream:

I don't like the idea of Kylie hooking up with Justin...Kylie = :good:

Honest to goodness, I thought Justin's first single was better. Bar the whispering and the falsettos.

Back
Top Bottom