CRISIS! I need help making a HUGE decision

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you definitely made the right decision, meggie. Not that I'm biased or anything.....:wink:

I have to admit that I know nothing about UEA, but.......I work at the arts centre at the uni of nottingham, and it's a beautiful campus. Loads of grass, a lake, the arts centre that I work at (professional theatre, recital hall, art gallerys) that kind of thing. It's a really friendly university, and a fantastic place academically. The uni is the 3rd best in the country, after Oxford and Cambridge. And DH Lawrence went here. Nottingham is a great city - voted one of the best to live in in the UK. It's got great shops, great night life, loads of history and Robin Hood!

I love living in Nottingham. I went travelling round the world last year and loved the places I went, but was ecstatic to get back to Nottingham.

here's a pic of the lake and theatre:

pavillion_image.jpg

Yay for nottingham!!!

Lu
:)

I think you made the right choice too. Nottingham was one of the colleges I thought about attending and I loved both the city and the university when I visited them.

Good luck with your studies. :)

Just saw this thread, but I do think you made the right decision Megan. :yes: I'm really happy that you see making new friends as something you need to do. People aren't that friendly here in DC and I'm not sure if it has been that great an experience for you, but anyway, here's another chance at making things work...and what better place than England with your fianc?. :cute: Don't look at being forced to meet new people as a negative thing when you go to Nottingham. It may be difficult at first, but it'll work out and once it does, you'll actually be glad that you have friends and a world outside of Sam. :) Sam don't kill me. :D I'm sure he wants it for you too. That makes for a healthy relationship.

I know the feeling of moving and starting all over again. Pretty scary, but EXCITING. :hyper:

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone, for your replies. :) :hug:

And, bammo2, thanks for posting about Nottingham. Now I can't wait to go there!! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom