confessions of a dumb student

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
hi.

though im a university student...i dont know the alphabet.

if i have to determine whether 'u' is before 'w', i need to sing the whole freakin' song.

LMAO!!!!!! :slant:

i've had to sing the alphabet song before. sometimes when i'm writing something i'll screw up v and w. i have no idea why. i know which one belongs in the word but my hand will write the other one. it's so bizarre. :crack:

funny....a different highly educated canadian interferencer confessed the same thing to me the other day.

i think it's time to re-assess the educational system up there. ;)

i used to have to file a lot for an office job, when i first started i always sang the song, but after 2 years i became a pro with the alphabet, i can even sing it backwards

Last edited:
I have to sing too Kobe.

But I'm Canadian, so maybe...it really is a canuck thing, eh? What the heck is in our drinking water anyway? :shifty:

Last edited:
I fetch periodical journals as part of my library job. OF rnearly every reference I have to say the alphabet in my head.

Thomas...

okay....
"a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t....there!!!

I have to sing the song too! :reject:

When I was at a concert a few weeks ago, a guy was trying to find his seat and he asked me what row I was in. I told him I was in row X. He was in row T, and we both had to stand there like idiots, mentally singing the song, trying to figure out how many rows up his seat was! :laugh: He was a nice British guy, though. :flirt:

fucking zed, when are you canucks going to start saying Zee like the rest of us dammit!!!

do it or we will bomb you!

zed is great.
less rhyming letters prevents confusion when spelling stuff aloud.
without zed we would occasionally see tebra, dylaphone, venith and poom

i spend large amounts of time alphabetizing the cd stacks at the campus radio station. was there today. mumbled the alphabet to myself countless number of times.

why am i alphabetizing the stacks? cos someone needs to do it and it's more or less sucking up to the department directors. the music staff director sends and email to the programme director at show application-time and tells her who helped him the most. and HUGE props go to the ones (well, one, me) who alphabetize and log cds into the computer database. and that's how i managed to get a show, cos i'm just a lowly frehsman...

t... u... v... w... xyz

easy to remember...

curvy "u" comes first
straight-edged "v" right after
double-v "w" after that...

and the rest is xyz

Back
Top Bottom