Change is Scary....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
So I'm starting a new job tomorrow and I'm totally freaked out. Understand I've been at my current job 8 years and I make my own hours and I can go back when and if I please; it's just that this is the first time I have to actually get up in the morning, commute, have a real schedule and work for someone. This week is going to be brutal I hope I can do it :yikes:

cheerleader.gif
yay.gif
cheerleader3.gif

So I'm starting a new job tomorrow and I'm totally freaked out. Understand I've been at my current job 8 years and I make my own hours and I can go back when and if I please; it's just that this is the first time I have to actually get up in the morning, commute, have a real schedule and work for someone. This week is going to be brutal I hope I can do it

I totally understand.

Just remember, life isn't made for being comfortable. You're doing the right thing by moving forward.

Change is very scary. I feel for you.. I really really have a hard time with change. Especially big things like changing jobs. Good luck :hug:

I agree, change is scary :crazy: but if you did so well at your other job (considering you were there eight years), I'm sure you'll do fine at this one :)

good luck!

Thanks guys :hug:

Stars :heart:

Maybe I should've changed the title to change is good :hmm:

Last edited:
BonosBaby12 said:
Good luck know it's scary in the beginning but it's going to turn out well :hug: You will have to let us know how your week went for you :)

I certainly will :)

But right now=Feel. Like. Puking :crack:

:hug: Good luck. Change IS scary, but it can also be very fulfilling. Just B R E A T H E. Take one small step at a time and I bet before you know it you will be thankful you made the change! AND don't forget....EVERYTHING has it's pros and cons! :wink:

one4u2 said:

I certainly will :)

But right now=Feel. Like. Puking :crack:

Thank you Im sending tons of good wishes your way! Hopefully your first day was a puke free one :wink: lol. Really hope it wasn't too bad for you.

Carek I mean this sincerely you really do have great advice :yes: Like to think of you as the one having the words of wisdom :).

Thanks everyone for your good wishes :hug: Just an update: Of course I panicked more than I needed too but it wouldn't be me if I didn't :happy: The first day was rough I was so nervous the night before I slept about 4 hours so by the end of the day I wanted to just die. Everyone was really, really nice and welcoming. It's a much smaller environment then I'm used to but again I think the change is good and I can learn to adjust. The girl who's position I'm taking was fired for being a moron and shes the one training me :huh: I told my boss and coworkers that she isn't teaching me anything properly and its tough and they know it and have apologized for the awkward position. So basically when shes outta there I'll just have to wing it and be taught by someone else who is now on vacation. So all is well for now :)

People always underestimate and doubt themselves, especially at a new job, or new school, a term paper, a Senior project, anything big, etc.
What you don't realize is that you have much more capacity for greatness and brilliance that you just don't know you're capable of, yet. Opportunities are what makes these capacities bud and grow and make you shine.

You will always do fine. And it's always normal to be nervous and do a lot of self-reflecting and doubting everything.

Glad everything worked out!!!!!
Sad to say though, that when new changes arrive and important things are on the line, you are always going to have that little twinkle of a doubt. Completely normal and completely inevitable.

6 months ago I left a job I had for ten years,I had many friends and great customers but I needed a better job.I was very stressed out during the transition but things turned out fine.
Life is a journey!

I just graduated from school, moved from Buffalo to Baltimore, and am on the third day of training for my new job. I start teaching next week....I'm scared as all hell (as evident by my last thread...) I feel for ya. I was super scared about moving and leaving my family and friends, but once I got down h ere I wondered how I could ever leave here now. Also, as for the job, all my coworkers are just as nervous as me, so that makes me feel alot better too. The best thing to do right now is stay confident and remember that it's normal to feel this way...

A little late but I hope things are working out for you. If you ever need to unload a little I'm here. (and I don't take change very well myself). I'm just around the corner of the NE!!!:hug:

Back
Top Bottom