catharsis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessicaAnn

ONE love, blood, life
I am feeling really weird today ... just needed to get some things off my chest ...

I hate my job ... and I am haviong ahell of a time finding a new one (the economy sucks and no one has any open PR positions) ...

My best friend moved to another city ...

My sister (who I am really close to) may be moving away for grad school in August ...

I am feeling kind of lonely in the romance dpartment ... I am 25 and today I realized I have never really been "in love" and the guys I seem to meet are not at all what I want (either their smarmy jerks or married).

Where are all the nice guys ... are they hiding somewhere?

My parents are overprotective ...

I wish I could start over (knowing everything I know now) so I could do things differently.

except for the best friend/sister part i could have written this exact thread. therefore, my advice would probably suck. blargh. :slant:

JessicaAnn said:
maybe its some weird angst think I am having about turning 25 ... I feel like I don't know who I am anymore.

i know the feeling. i kind of freaked out a couple of months back when i turned 25. some people would think that's lame but i seriously think i should have accomplished more than i have by now. i just imagined myself in a better scenario, i guess. i not a big fan of reality.

Screaming Flower said:

i know the feeling. i kind of freaked out a couple of months back when i turned 25. some people would think that's lame but i seriously think i should have accomplished more than i have by now. i just imagined myself in a better scenario, i guess.

I know the feeling ... a friend from college just started his own PR agency ... boy that made me feel inadequate about my accomplishments.

I don't know why I am freaking out like this ... I have always been my biggest critic and have had self-esteem issues, but this is unlike anything I have ever felt before. The self-doubt is awful.

i not a big fan of reality.

Guess that explains alll the time we spend here.

i don't know what my deal has been lately. if anything, usually overconfidence is my problem. for some reason, i feel that i'm too old to be as clueless as i am about what i want to truly do with my life. at 25 i should have slightly more direction in my life. all i know is that finance is not it for me. beyond that i have no idea what i actually want to do. i am also really bad at sharing so if all of my ramblings in this thread make no sense i'm very sorry. i'm new to the whole confessional scene. :slant:

It makes perfect sense ... Though I know that when I am feeling like this it is hard to put what I am feeling into words.

What sucks is that because of how I feel, I kind of ruined a friendship ... I was just so confused about the direction my own life is taking that I couldn't deal with this person. He can have all the problems in the world and come to me for advice, but I can never be in a bad mood and have problems when I am around him otherwise he gets all pissy. I am suppposed to be Miss Sunshine ... so I gradually pulled away and now he's mad at me. Grrrr.

I'm 25, too. I have a master's degree and a cool job, but I still have those feelings that my life should be more meaningful and that I should be doing something good to change the world instead of saving money to buy a house or whatever. 25 is just a weird year for everyone, I think.

Glad to know it's not just me though.

JessicaAnn said:
maybe its some weird angst think I am having about turning 25 ... I feel like I don't know who I am anymore.

:slant:

I don't think anyone REALLY knows who they are at 25, and what you are feeling is normal. I had a small crisis at 25, another one at 30 and last year again at 35. I know I'll probably have a major one at 40. Turning 30 was probably the hardest but I made it through okay!

I am just starting to feel like I really know who I am and what I want in life and I will be 36 in September so don't be so down on yourself. You're still so young and have so much time!

I forgot today that I was 30. I told myself I was 29.

This "akward" feeling doesn't go away. I still have no idea what I want to do. I want to live a comfortable life, have good relationships with friends and Sig. other (once I find one, I guess), provide for a family I hope to have - and HAVE FUN! I want to have fun, and make sure the people in my life have fun.

Is 22 too early to be having this crisis? It's not so much a crisis, really. I just graduated from college and have a cool job lined up, beginning in August. But the job is in a field - healthcare software - that, although it interests me, I had never imagined myself in.

I did a lot of research at the university, and my goal was originally (in high school) to do some research for a living regarding traumatic brian injury. I'm still contemplating grad school ... But I just feel like I would never know enough to make a significant contribution! I know that's crap, and it's probably just self-esteem issues. But at any rate, I, too, feel like I should be doing something more ... worthwhile ... with my life. I just don't know how to go about it right now.

Mirrorball Girl said:
Is 22 too early to be having this crisis? It's not so much a crisis, really. I just graduated from college and have a cool job lined up, beginning in August.

No ... I went through a mini crisis when I graduated from college.

Eek!

zonelistener said:
I forgot today that I was 30. I told myself I was 29.

This "akward" feeling doesn't go away. I still have no idea what I want to do.

Oh, the thought scares me. I'm turning 30 early next year and I still don't know what I want (jobwise). That's not very good, esp. in the kind of economy we're having. I have a slight idea of what I want to do, but it also scares me that I may not be able to do it. :(

Back
Top Bottom