Cars and Trucks and Things That PISS ME OOOOOFFFFFFF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfeden

Refugee
calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decembe
right so, I'm a landscaper as well as a volunteer on the fire-rescue. So I own a work truck.
1995 Nissan 4x4 king cab. 5 speed. V6 engine. Red.
My freaking 26+6=1 bumper sticker (that's actually gotten me PULLED OVER IN TRAFFIC solely because the good officer wanted to know what it meant) on one window and my blue Star of Life on the other.
My Truck.

The Hoopty, on the other hand, is our 1990 Toyota Camry station wagon, 250,000 miles on it and still running, can't complain when it breaks every so often. My sweetie used to use it to commute to work, since it gets about 3x better MPG.
However we've had a rough winter all around up here and thus m'sweetie has been driving the truck for a few months. I don't plow so I really haven't been in it all that much.

Therein was my error.....

I am now looking at having to eat $800+ in repair bills because I assumed SOMEBODY would TELL ME if the truck was suddenly handling badly...
well the truism goes folks, to ASSUME makes an ASS out of U and ME. Two very expensive tires destroyed, rear brakes and emergency brake fubar, front end badly out of alignment, and damage to the steering. Not to mention a big honking REJECTED inspection sticker until all this is fixed.

Moral of the story, never assume that just because someone else is using your stuff, it's still your own damn problem to make sure it's being taken care of. My own damn fault for not paying attention, I guess.

:censored: :scream: :scream: :scream: :grumpy: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rant:

pepokiss said:
26+6=1

I don't get it... explain... :|

sorry pepo...
it's a reference to Ireland as it's divided now...
26 counties in the South, 6 in the North.... one country.... someday....maybe.

I grew up in Boston MA USA, I got indoctrinated in this stuff early on. Though I've grown up a bit and educated myself on the truth of the situation since then...
but I can't bring myself to take it off the truck.

wolfeden said:

it's a reference to Ireland as it's divided now...
26 counties in the South, 6 in the North.... one country.... someday....maybe.

You can have stickers like that?
If we drove around with one like that somebody would stop the car and thump us... if we were lucky :|
My sisters school is mainly protestant but some of the more rebellious girls write things like that on their books, they all got suspended for it.
I think it will be a looong time before we get a united ireland. I much prefer having peace than fighting and making the chances of getting a united ireland even slimmer. I have witnessed some gory things before there were ceasefires, one of them being watching 2 army men getting pulled from their cars and being beaten to death, I hate the bigotry that exists with some ppl and I hate ppl flaunting their religion by wearing their celtic/ rangers scarves or waving flags from their houses. Hmmm... I sound like I should be in FYM, I am going to stop now. Sorry. :D

Last edited:
Lara Mullen said:

You can have stickers like that?
If we drove around with one like that somebody would stop the car and thump us... if we were lucky :|
My sisters school is mainly protestant but some of the more rebellious girls write things like that on their books, they all got suspended for it.
I think it will be a looong time before we get a united ireland. I much prefer having peace than fighting and making the chances of getting a united ireland even slimmer. I have witnessed some gory things before there were ceasefires, one of them being watching 2 army men getting pulled from their cars and being beaten to death, I hate the bigotry that exists with some ppl and I hate ppl flaunting their religion by wearing their celtic/ rangers scarves or waving flags from their houses. Hmmm... I sound like I should be in FYM, I am going to stop now. Sorry. :D

na, no apologies, everything you say is true.
there has been enough violence and death, my grandparents' families came here to get away from it and for the love of whatever Gods there may be, in the end all I want for Ireland is peace, however it has to happen.

I'm sorry you had to see things like that but sometimes to hear "Irish American" people talk here I wish THEY'D seen it, maybe they'd think twice about the bigotry and hate they're spewing.

wolfeden said:

to hear "Irish American" people talk here I wish THEY'D seen it, maybe they'd think twice about the bigotry and hate they're spewing.

It is easy to comment on something and give opinons when you don't have to live through it. My Mum and aunts have told us some of the most horrific stories about living through the worst of the troubles, I couldnt even repeat them, when you see someone being shot and killed in your house and having bombs placed outside it because of your religion im sure most ppl would agree that peace is more important than bloodshed.

:up: well said, Lara

Obviously I'm not Irish, and so cannot claim to have experienced any of the horror, but being British I saw a lot of horrendous stuff on the news when I was younger (mainly in the 80s). Peace is is certainly preferable! :yes:

The sticker

Well here's the offending vehicle:
http://webpages.charter.net/volare/Kroovy.jpg

and this is the sticker:
26+6.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom