Can't believe Im confessing this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucky charms

War Child
but really I mean I would give the world to my kids if I could....but really why do I do these things to myself.....

I mean when my now 13 year old was 6 she wanted to go see you know the pupular teeny bopper music at the time...and since she had the same enthusiasm for music as I do and did growing up, and since I was able to get her tickets without batting an eye, she had her 1st concert enperience, and I had flashbacks of my first experience. Hers was the BackStreet Boys, mine was the Bay City Rollers, she had the same sense of awe on her face that I rememebr having on mine way back then...good thing was we both had ear plugs in - greatest invention ever :| and after about an hour she was ready to go - gawd bless her :drool:

then several others followed since then.

and after every one I say to myself never again, she is so like me when it comes to these things....it is really quite funny actually. Most mothers look at me and think to themselves are you crazy taking her...and I just say, at least she isnt hanging out at the mall stealing peoples wallets or cutting school, or belong to a gang for heaven sake. She is a kid who happens to like music big whooop.. expensive whoop but thats another story.

so here I sit again, scheduled to go to another one of HER shows next week, and here

is my confession.........

UGH - I am going with a 13 year old and a 9 year old to see Kelly Clarkson - UGH

now may this confession burn the blue paper its typed on.:|

lucky charms said:
but really I mean I would give the world to my kids if I could....but really why do I do these things to myself.....

I mean when my now 13 year old was 6 she wanted to go see you know the pupular teeny bopper music at the time...and since she had the same enthusiasm for music as I do and did growing up, and since I was able to get her tickets without batting an eye, she had her 1st concert enperience, and I had flashbacks of my first experience. Hers was the BackStreet Boys, mine was the Bay City Rollers, she had the same sense of awe on her face that I rememebr having on mine way back then...good thing was we both had ear plugs in - greatest invention ever :| and after about an hour she was ready to go - gawd bless her :drool:

then several others followed since then.

and after every one I say to myself never again, she is so like me when it comes to these things....it is really quite funny actually. Most mothers look at me and think to themselves are you crazy taking her...and I just say, at least she isnt hanging out at the mall stealing peoples wallets or cutting school, or belong to a gang for heaven sake. She is a kid who happens to like music big whooop.. expensive whoop but thats another story.

so here I sit again, scheduled to go to another one of HER shows next week, and here

is my confession.........

UGH - I am going with a 13 year old and a 9 year old to see Kelly Clarkson - UGH

now may this confession burn the blue paper its typed on.:|

Kelly Clarkson rocks! She's the most talented person to come out of "American Idol". Her voice is amazing, and she actually writes her own music. She should get a medal just for that.:lol: Her first album was basically pop garbage. Her 2nd album was a huge improvement, but her newest album "My December" is unbelievably good. It's much more rock-oriented, and she wrote or co-wrote every song on the album. It's honestly one of my favorite releases of 07, and I feel no shame in admitting that.:rockon:

My mom sat through New Kids on the Block TWICE for me and my cousin when we were 10 and 11. Great moms sacrifice their hearing for their kids' bad taste in music. :wink:

If I had to go see any American Idols, it would be Kelly Clarkson. Have fun!

and here i thought I was confessing to something that embarasses the crap out of me...too funny

My 13 yr old loves her, and Im sure there are far worse people to listen to.

Well gee, guess I wont be embarassed when I confess the next show we go to..which is are you ready....................................................................................

Hannah Montana..or should I say achy breaky man and daughter gawd hlep me...

you know I am getting a real fear that Ill find myself one day actually flicking music stations and listening to that over say the Waterboys, or flicking the television and actually stopping at the family channel

gawd..thats scary....:huh:

Schmeg..NKOTB...well now I really feel old:wink: I was watching a show called Celebrity paranormal experiment and one of the KOTB was partaking...yup Im old...:drool:

Last edited:
My grandmother took my mom to see the Beatles way back when. She didn't get it at all.. all that screaming.. couldn't even hear the music :shrug: :lol:

It's what you do for your kids I guess :yes: Enjoy your time together and bring earplugs :wink:

Schmeg said:

If I had to go see any American Idols, it would be Kelly Clarkson.

haha same here!

i remember one time when rono was here we were at the grocery store.
we heard a song we'd never heard before and both commented that we kinda liked it.
then we found out it was "since you've been gone." by kelly clarkson and were :ohmy: :yikes: :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdxRS_GyBbM

but yeah while i don't really follow her music, i do like what i've heard and if i had to go see an american idol person it would be her.

and hey she's from Burleson, Texas (about 50 miles) from here!

hey Rick, if you were here a few days earlier then planned I could have given ya my ticket

then again

I dont know if my 13 and 9 year old are ready for you - :drool:

*pictures Rick trying to crowd surf and all the tween looking rather confused and then splat rick ends up rug surfing instead*

and I dont even want to picture you dancing alongside Billy Ray line dancing to Achy breaky heart...I have to draw the line at that one.
:huh:

thanks everyone, I guess what is embarassing for one isnt necessarily embarassing at all...

ummmm, nope Im still embarassed about it.:wink:

I like Kelly Clarkson.

No, really, I'm serious. :reject: Since U Been Gone is a great song, and she has some other pretty good tunes as well...I also enjoyed her set at Live Earth. And you can't deny that he has a great voice.

Kelly Clarkson - you shouldn't be embarrassed about. She does have some good songs. Enjoy the show! :up:

Now, Hannah Montana... that's another story :wink:

Side note - Maddy's 13 and been to several shows already. I took her to her first when she was 8 I think to see Paul McCartney. I knew she could never be embarrassed when asked what her first concert was (and she saw him again on the next tour too). Me on the other hand :silent: - I did go to an autograph thing at a record store for the Bay City Rollers :wink:

Rockin' moms :hi5:

I'm just this year old enough to drive, so my mom had to take me to all of the shows I've been to. :slant:

U2
Sonic Youth/Flaming Lips
Beck
Arcade Fire

:dance:

I had tix to see Earth Wind & Fire when I was about 14 or 15, but the friend was out of the country. I ended up going with my dad :lmao: (his one and only concert of course)

Schmeg said:

If I had to go see any American Idols, it would be Kelly Clarkson. Have fun!

Can we go and just talk through the whole show?

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y, Let's go. Hey, S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y, Let's go! :D

zoney! said:

I think that's one of those unwritten laws of this city.

Back to Kelly:
I really like Breakaway, and Miss Independent, and I'm not afraid to confess it!

Kelly Clarkson is very respectable :up: Much of her music is guitar driven with a punch of attitude, but when she breaks out the ballads, they're deep and emotional rather than cliched and cheesy. She may have come out of the travesty known as American Idol, but she's moved past that, picked up a couple of Grammys, and can truly rock.

I've basically only heard her singles, but I don't think I've heard a single one that I haven't liked :)

Never Again is a rather good song, wicked video too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPKUdoBKVqc

how could you not know this; and how cool is your car?

zoney! said:

um.... that's S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night!

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Kelly Clarkson is very respectable :up: Much of her music is guitar driven with a punch of attitude, but when she breaks out the ballads, they're deep and emotional rather than cliched and cheesy. She may have come out of the travesty known as American Idol, but she's moved past that, picked up a couple of Grammys, and can truly rock.

I've basically only heard her singles, but I don't think I've heard a single one that I haven't liked :)

Never Again is a rather good song, wicked video too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPKUdoBKVqc

My fav. song of hers is called "Sober". It's got a big U2 vibe, very similar to "One Step Closer". It's on her latest album. You must download, now. I think she's been taking lessons from the Bono Lyric Handbook.:lol:

well thanks guys for not making me feel like a complete dolt.
The last show the 3 of us went to was an outdoor all day concert with many many family channel kid friendly people. let me tell you that was a loooooong day.

And with all the pros floating around me, maybe Ill actually take an ear plug out and have a listen - a little listen :wink:

Ill be sure to go with open mind. As long as kids enjoy that's what Im there for, and if I actually enjoy well bonus.

zone and schmeg - does a 9 year old complaining that they are tired and want to go home count as talking - :wink: because you just know on 1 side Ill have one exactly like that, and on the other Ill have a 13 year old rocking on in the aisle all the while reaching behind me and smacking the little one on the head...:wink: :wink:

oh the things we do...

Kelly's all right. I think she's the only one from that whole series I've actually considered adding to my music collection. The rest of them suck like mad. Really, really, madly.

My oldest regrets turning down the opportunity to see u2 on the Vertigo tour. I hope he wants to go to the next tour, so he can say he saw u2 live. He is a fan btw

Back
Top Bottom