callousedheart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JCOSTER said:
Bri, I've said this quite often you are wise beyond your young years. Very well versed too! :hug: You give good advice.

Struckpx, as someone who has been there along time ago and familiar with the feelings you are having, my mother-in-law, (although at the time I didn't know she would be at the time) told me all the feelings I was having was a part of the growing up process and the next phase of life which is yes very scary and depressing at times. She had said to me that it was a loss of innocence. I will never forget it, because now when I look back after all these years she was so right.

I know it seems like those feelings will never go away but they will. Someone that I admire greatly wrote these words that just fit so eloquently:

And if our way should falter
Along the stony pass
It's just a moment, this time will pass

:yes: :hug:

Thanks. I find that I am really good at expressing how I feel on paper, but I suck w/ it at verbal. I am a garbage collector when it comes to emotions, and soon enough it is so full that it shuts down and needs to be emptied.

I totally agree and know that these feelings will go away, that I am going through a phase of my life that occurs w/ everyone my age, but also at any age as well. The phase of uncertainty, despair, regret, depression, but also hope. I know every teenager goes through that. It just out of nowhere hit me and brought up emotions that was almost up there w/ Bono preaching With or Without You 2 years ago at the Key. I have never experienced this before. Call me a sheltered child, I am just starting to face the fact that I am (I know the devilish word) maturing.

Most of these feelings started w/ the breakup of my longtime gf about a week ago (which is why I started coming here, to fill the void), that has caused me a lot of strong emotions. I know, and all my friends say, she's a girl, she isn't worth wasting your time over getting back. But a part of me just wants to grab her inner soul, rip it apart and see right now at this very second why she did it? What is she thinking? What did I do wrong? Of course there are a few reasons that I won't discuss here, but still I apologized for those.

I could go on, but I don't want to bore you. I will write in my journal instead, haha. No guys are willing to respond:eyebrow: .

Anyways, thank you so much for the advice. You are so right, as is U2isthebest and everyone else who shared their thoughts.

I appreciate you taking the times out of your busy life to send me a comment.

Last edited:
oh, and that song that i mentioned above at the u2 concert happened to conveniently be w/ her....hahaha. alright, time to let go and move on.

Please don't take this in the wrong way, but here's my advice to you:

Go to college and grow up...a little.

I did the same thing 2 years ago and have never been happier. Once you live outside of your parents for awhile, make new friends, put all that teen angst behind you, life becomes perfect for 4 years (before you have to become a responsible adult and enter the real world :uhoh: ).

At least this is my experience. College will change you, and if you let it, it'll be an excellent experience for you too.

When I went to college, it was a clean slate. I left all the baggage and drama from high school behind, as a result leaving a lot of old friends behind, but the new friends I've made are wonderful and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

OK enough about me, I hope that helps you some.

struckpx said:

Thanks. I find that I am really good at expressing how I feel on paper, but I suck w/ it at verbal. I am a garbage collector when it comes to emotions, and soon enough it is so full that it shuts down and needs to be emptied.

I totally agree and know that these feelings will go away, that I am going through a phase of my life that occurs w/ everyone my age, but also at any age as well. The phase of uncertainty, despair, regret, depression, but also hope. I know every teenager goes through that. It just out of nowhere hit me and brought up emotions that was almost up there w/ Bono preaching With or Without You 2 years ago at the Key. I have never experienced this before. Call me a sheltered child, I am just starting to face the fact that I am (I know the devilish word) maturing.

Most of these feelings started w/ the breakup of my longtime gf about a week ago (which is why I started coming here, to fill the void), that has caused me a lot of strong emotions. I know, and all my friends say, she's a girl, she isn't worth wasting your time over getting back. But a part of me just wants to grab her inner soul, rip it apart and see right now at this very second why she did it? What is she thinking? What did I do wrong? Of course there are a few reasons that I won't discuss here, but still I apologized for those.

I could go on, but I don't want to bore you. I will write in my journal instead, haha. No guys are willing to respond:eyebrow: .

Anyways, thank you so much for the advice. You are so right, as is U2isthebest and everyone else who shared their thoughts.

I appreciate you taking the times out of your busy life to send me a comment.

Thats what we're here for.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom