Busted in the laundry room!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's shades

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I had three loads of laundry to do today. I went to the laundry room in my apartment complex, which is in the building across the parking lot from the one I live in so I have to get all bundled up to go over there since it's cold and snowy outside. Anyway, there was only one empty washer. The two beside it had clothes in them, but the cycle was already done. I took my time loading the first washer, but whoever had their clothes in the other two washers still hadn't come to take them out. I got impatient and took the clothes out and put them on the table (which was nice and clean, by the way.) I'm just finishing up loading the washers with my clothes when some guy comes in and asks, "where are my clothes?" :ohmy: I point behind me and stammer, "I'm sorry." He keeps mumbling about how he was only 10 minutes late and I feel really shitty.

Mmm....last time I had to use a laundry room in college, if you weren't there to take your stuff out of the washer the second it finished then you could guarantee that someone would have taken your clothes out and used the washer themselves. Although that might say more about the fact that the college didn't provide enough washers for a building with 400+ students, than the students who took people's stuff out of the washer.

I wouldn't feel too bad about it. :) :D

Ten minutes is PLENTY of time. I wouldn't be angry if someone did that to me; I'd just be kicking myself for not remembering to check on my laundry sooner.

I never left my laundry unattended. I used to sit in the laundry room and wait.

Melon

what's the big deal? I wouldn't care. he's just taking them off the table instead of out of the washer and putting them into the dryer :shrug:

Well, I no longer feel bad about what I did because when I went back to put my clothes in the dryers the little :censored: was there to get his clothes out of the dryers and he started bitching at me AGAIN, and used a lot of bad language to boot. He whined about how he waited half an hour to put his clothes in the washer because someone else was using them (like that's my fault somehow). It's not like I took any more of his time by taking his ALREADY WASHED clothes out and putting them on the nice, clean table. I said, "Look, I'm sorry, I'll never do it again, OK?" but he still bitched. Thank God he finally left. With my luck I'll have to run into him every time I go to do laundry. :madspit:

Maybe he was just having a bad day and wanted someone to moan at. Still, at least now you don't have to feel bad since he was such a creep about it all.

so, he's mad because he was hogging two washers (not sure how many you've got there) and someone else needed to use them because he couldn't be bothered to get his ass there when they were done? please. it's a public laundromat (well not so public as it's for your apartment complex), not his private area. if he can't be bothered to be there to unload his own laundry, that's his problem. i used to work at an apartment complex and had to close up the laundry room, and for two weeks someone left their clothes in the washer.

like melon, i'd stay with my laundry the whole time, or at least be there 15 minutes BEFORE it was due to be done (i prefer to use the longest cycles to ensure everything's clean). the apartments i worked at had a television and chairs, so they really had no excuse as to why they couldn't wait. then again, i worked at a really shitty one so it's given me a bad impression of people.

a month or so ago, i was drying my laundry at the clubhouse where i live and when i went to pick my clothes up, someone had taken my clothes out of the dryer, and put them on top of the washer. they were still wet. i was really, really, pissed.

icelle said:
a month or so ago, i was drying my laundry at the clubhouse where i live and when i went to pick my clothes up, someone had taken my clothes out of the dryer, and put them on top of the washer. they were still wet. i was really, really, pissed.

That sucks. :angry:

meh, I move people's stuff all the time. Sometimes they even pile their next load on the machine to "save" it, but I just put it all back on the counter. Usually I throw their load in an open dryer, but don't ever start it. The worse is when people open the washer or dryer and don't shut it right so it doesn't start up again :mad:

Sometimes I forget my stuff in the dryer and go down to find it sorted and folded, lol.

Back
Top Bottom