Business Trips ... Are They Legit When There's Closing Involved ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMacPhisto said:
Chris Carter / Ira Steven Behr in '08, man.

Obama's for change ... Huckabee's for Jesus ... but only one pair is for KICKING ASS WITH POLITICAL INSIGHT.

Carter. Behr. 2008.

~BrightestStar~ said:

sexywink.gif

Re: Re: Business Trips ... Are They Legit When There's Closing Involved ??

Originally posted by MsMofoGone
I have a friend who is in a rough situation right now.

No ... it's not the girlfriend who dealt with her cheating husband.

The BOYFRIEND'S name is Nate.
He was promoted 4 months ago to warehouse manager.
He supervises 5 employees in 5 separate departments ...

Receiving
Inventory
Packaging
Quality Control
Order Fulfillment

There is only 1 employee per department. Yes, the company is very small.

His girlfriend of 8 years, who he lives with, is Karyn.

Originally posted by MsMofoGone on 11-09-2007

I mentioned to her that she should wait 15 minutes then get in her car and drive to his work in the early morning to see if he is indeed there. She's said he is the first one at his work, because

he is the manager of a warehouse

and has to open-up for the other 8 employees who work there.

The cheating husband's name is Bill.
He has been a warehouse manager for 16 years.
He supervises 8 employees within 2 departments ...

Order Filling
Packing/Shipping

His wife of 11 years is Jeana.

Bill and Jeana are working out their marital problems through counselling. Things are looking positive for them to rebuild their trust. Also, their marriage is becoming strong enough to survive his infidelity mistake.

There ... happy now ?? No B.S. meter needed. Can you dig it ?? :hmm:

Last edited:
Man, nothing beats coming home from a fun-filled night and reading a thread like this while in a drunken stupor. It literally exploded since this afternoon, and I read every single post to catch up. I'm laughing so-ooo hard (maybe it's alcohol? :hmm:...nah, I doubt it) because this thread is so-ooo funny. :lmao:

In fact, I laughed so-ooo hard at some of the posts that I forgot, for a second, that we're headed for a recession. Thank goodness for threads like this that offer a break from reality. Or... wait.... :hmm: or is it the thread starters themselves who are on a break from reality? Definitely something to ponder. :up:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Business Trips ... Are They Legit When There's Closing Involved ??

MsMofoGone said:

Receiving
Inventory
Packaging
Quality Control
Order Fulfillment

Order Filling
Packing/Shipping

Bill and Jeana are working out their marital problems through counselling. Things are looking positive for them to rebuild their trust. Also, their marriage is becoming strong enough to survive his infidelity mistake.

Not enough information. :tsk:

MsMofoGone said:

Receiving
Inventory
Packaging
Quality Control
Order Fulfillment

Order Filling
Packing/Shipping

Bill and Jeana? No shit?

I'm surprised about them. I'll have to call up Bill and ask him if everything's OK. Maybe I'll point him in this direction to get some tips. :hmm:

meegannie said:
Does your friend know you're posting this here?

YES
She and her circle of friends need Dr. Phil more than Brittney

Another answer is NO

Another (and my favourite)

She's making it all up.
we're all laughing but she doesn't know if we're laughing WITH her or AT her. You and I know but she doesn't.

(To avert a HUGE RECESSION we must type words in all caps. It's become law here in Interworld.)

MsMofoGone said:

Receiving
Inventory
Packaging
Quality Control
Order Fulfillment

Order Filling
Packing/Shipping

I'm wondering what the point of this is still, in all honesty. Throw out some names, just to make their identities even less secret?

Also, how do you know the EXACT positions of your girlfriend's husband and boyfriend? What departments they run? The exact number of people they have working for them? Uh ... what the fuck.

Either you are ridiculously stalkerish with your detail-keeping about your friends or you just made that all up. Either way...

Originally posted by BonoManiac
In fact, I laughed so-ooo hard at some of the posts that I forgot, for a second, that we're headed for a recession. Thank goodness for threads like this that offer a break from reality. Or... wait.... :hmm: or is it the thread starters themselves who are on a break from reality? Definitely something to ponder. :up:

Well ponder this ...

The next time YOU need a 'break from reality' ... then take a business trip that there's absolutely 'no point' in taking. Why ?? Because there will be NOT one 'important' PURPOSE as to why you did that. There will be nothing to identify your reasoning as to why you felt compelled to go OR nothing to justify why you 'made a ridiculous effort' in having a 'boring' time with 'talking shop' that doesn't concern you OR your own career standards, just so you could go on that 'I GET TOO ACT LIKE SOMEBODY WHO'S SPECIAL' trip.

It would have made more sense to have taken a 'vacation' to Atlanta, OR NOT bothered going to the sales events/meetings once you arrived there ... just go off and do your OWN thing. At least, you could have enjoyed being there and there would have been a 'purpose' for going and taking time away somewhere else.

Turns out, his plane got held-over one additional day as the winter weather that hit Atlanta yesterday ... was indeed a surprise. It crippled almost the entire state of Georgia ... let alone, the town of Marietta, getting dumped upon with 5 inches of snow. Atlanta had dangerous travel conditions as well. There were ice warning advisories through the entire evening.

And the absolutely BEST part is that she talked with her boyfriend late last night and he was actually complaining ... (yes, I said COMPLAINING) about the trip. He made it VERY CLEAR that he should NOT have bothered 'wasting his time' going there, he WOULD HAVE rather stayed home. So, where's the benefit OR happiness in going, just for that feeling of boredom OR just to realize you are now filled with boredom?? And mind you, he DID want to go in the first place ... but realized his decision to go was a mistake, once he was there. Kinda makes you wonder ... did he get 'snowbound' with a cancelled flight because of his stupidity ?? Well here's to the little jerk's 'icing-on-the-cake'. He got what he DESERVED !! Spend the company's money foolishly and for NO apparent reason by taking an unnecessary business trip. Now, he can feel even 1000 times better about his company's closing, and know there was a REASON for the process happening. They were going bankrupt and had NOT enough money to CONTINUE employing evryone at ALL their warehouse locations. Something had to 'give' because of that reason ... too bad, it wasn't in the BEST interests of their employees to learn that reality sooner. It would have been nice if they all could have stayed employed with this company ... bottom line, they DESERVE each other. :tsk:

MsMofoGone said:

And the absolutely BEST part is that she talked with her boyfriend late last night and he was actually complaining ... (yes, I said COMPLAINING) about the trip. He made it VERY CLEAR that he should NOT have bothered 'wasting his time' going there, he WOULD HAVE rather stayed home. So, where's the benefit OR happiness in going, just for that feeling of boredom OR just to realize you are now filled with boredom?? And mind you, he DID want to go in the first place ... but realized his decision to go was a mistake, once he was there. Kinda makes you wonder ... did he get 'snowbound' with a cancelled flight because of his stupidity ?? Well here's to the little jerk's 'icing-on-the-cake'. He got what he DESERVED !! Spend the company's money foolishly and for NO apparent reason by taking an unnecessary business trip. Now, he can feel even 1000 times better about his company's closing, and know there was a REASON for the process happening. They were going bankrupt and had NOT enough money to CONTINUE employing evryone at ALL their warehouse locations. Something had to 'give' because of that reason ... too bad, it wasn't in the BEST interests of their employees to learn that reality sooner. It would have been nice if they all could have stayed employed with this company ... bottom line, they DESERVE each other. :tsk:

do you feel happy now? has this affirmed your thoughts on this? are you and YOUR FRIEND prancing around saying "i told you so?" can you rest easy and get some sleep tonight knowing YOU were right the whole time? now that your ego is back to its fully inflated capacity perhaps YOU can find another thing to obsess over in your FRIENDS' relationships. how is yours going, by the way? or are YOUR FRIENDS posting about YOU over in at ease?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Business Trips ... Are They Legit When There's Closing Involved ??

Originally posted by phillyfan26

I'm wondering what the point of this is still, in all honesty. Throw out some names, just to make their identities even less secret?
If you would be 'keeping up' with the posts here. You would have seen that someone questioned several pages back, if her boyfriend and the other cheating husband were indeed the same person. Just cleared up that question. They know very well they are mentioned here ... their names have been changed to protect the innocent ... per their own request.

Also, how do you know the EXACT positions of your girlfriend's husband and boyfriend? What departments they run? The exact number of people they have working for them? Uh ... what the fuck.
It's called 'growing up' with my girlfriends, who are now BEST friends of mine, and forming a very good friendship. And like you don't know certain things about your BEST friends ?? Give me a break !! :der:

Either you are ridiculously stalkerish with your detail-keeping about your friends or you just made that all up. Either way...

Everything I've mentioned on here is accurately TRUE ... although, your FALSE accusations make you look ridiculous.

Originally posted by unico
do you feel happy now? has this affirmed your thoughts on this? are you and YOUR FRIEND prancing around saying "i told you so?" can you rest easy and get some sleep tonight knowing YOU were right the whole time? now that your ego is back to its fully inflated capacity perhaps YOU can find another thing to obsess over in your FRIENDS' relationships. how is yours going, by the way? or are YOUR FRIENDS posting about YOU over in at ease?

I came on here for the simple reason of requesting different views on a work-related subject that seemed to puzzle a friend of mine. She wanted some concrete advice on why there's big fascination on taking a business trip from your work employer that is NOT beneficial for her boyfriend's work status. It was her OWN opinion how she felt ... she wasn't being clingy or insecure ... she just didn't think there was much point in taking a boring business trip, because he wanted to go. It wasn't so-ooo much that the company REALLY WANTED their employees there ... they were just 'going through the motions' making their employees feel special. Their company WANTED their employees to decline their invitation. It was all put in 'black-and-white' right in front of them on the company letterhead. My girlfriend didn't feel it was completely necessary for me to give every single, solitary detail of her reason for asking about this advice. Maybe that was an error on her part since this thread has gotten 'blown outta proportion' about this topic. Anyway, I was just confirming how the boyfriend's now feeling since they have spoken to each other ... it has not made her feel 'almighty' or like 'I told you so' ... she does care about him and feels very sad because he's feeling bored.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Business Trips ... Are They Legit When There's Closing Involved ?

MsMofoGone said:
If you would be 'keeping up' with the posts here. You would have seen that someone questioned several pages back, if her boyfriend and the other cheating husband were indeed the same person. Just cleared up that question. They know very well they are mentioned here ... their names have been changed to protect the innocent ... per their own request.

It's called 'growing up' with my girlfriends, who are now BEST friends of mine, and forming a very good friendship. And like you don't know certain things about your BEST friends ?? Give me a break !! :der:

Everything I've mentioned on here is accurately TRUE ... although, your FALSE accusations make you look ridiculous.

I've been keeping up with the posts in here, and I think the accusations have gone over your head spectacularly.

(And before I answer the second question, I'd like to confirm something with you ... we are talking about your BEST friends right? I mean not just good friends or even best friends, but BEST friends, right? Just wanted to make sure.)

Anyway, I do know things about my friends. I do not know the department and number of persons working for my buddy's girlfriends, which is the best comparison I can come up with. I don't know how many people work for my buddies. I barely know how many people work for me.

Everything is accurately true, which is why you completely contradicted yourself earlier, which I pointed out, and you somehow moved past. Well done.

I'm with Mia here: I hope you feel good about yourself. You and your completely mindlessly obsessed friends have won this one. If I ever met someone who was going to start posting about my work habits and my relationships on an Internet forum, I'd call the police or fucking move.

MsMofoGone said:
I came on here for the simple reason of requesting different views on a work-related subject

Hold on. Let's get one thing straight right now:

No, you didn't.

You did not come on here to get different views. If you really came here to get different views, you wouldn't get hyper-defensive over every point, you wouldn't call every point "FALSE accusation" and get pissed off at every single person who disagrees with you ... which is what you've done.

You came here for reasons I can't fathom, hoping that someone like "Kiwi" or whatever her name was in the last bullshit thread you posted would pat you on the back and agree with everything you spewed. Only, this time, it didn't happen. So, you just got defensive the whole time. You still are waiting here, hoping you can convince SOMEONE, ANYONE, and they'll be on your side at that point. That's what you're looking for.

Too bad you just met a wall of common sense. 'Tis a shame. You could have had one other sap here agreeing with every mindless comment you make. That would have been better, right?

MsMofoGone said:

she does care about him and feels very sad because he's feeling bored.

If he's bored have him read this thread! I guarantee it will give his life new meaning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom