Business Trips ... Are They Legit When There's Closing Involved ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:

I humbly suggest you go back and read it all. You'll not be disappointed.

It has been a fun way to blow a Saturday night. :)

(yes, my life is pitiful. :sad: )

I'm going on a business trip next Wednesday and I may lose my job in March but I am still going. It is my job to go. And until that door closes on my ass, I do what my boss says, like it or not.

Although, I really am excited to fly to the Bay Area for the day. :hyper:

Doozer61 said:
I'm going on a business trip next Wednesday and I may lose my job in March but I am still going. It is my job to go. And until that door closes on my ass, I do what my boss says, like it or not.

Although, I really am excited to fly to the Bay Area for the day. :hyper:

Oh dooz :naive::cute:

her friend's BOYFRIEND, unlike YOU, has a CHOICE. his coworkers have CHOSEN correctly and OPTED to stay home with their FAMILIES in order to prepare for the COMING recession later this YEAR. this is the prudent APPROACH. perhaps YOU should ask if YOU could opt OUT of your trip so you ARE doing your BIT to help your EMPLOYER be fiscally RESPONSIBLE :hmm:

snowbunny00774 said:

her friend's BOYFRIEND, unlike YOU, has a CHOICE. his coworkers have CHOSEN correctly and OPTED to stay home with their FAMILIES in order to prepare for the COMING recession later this YEAR. this is the prudent APPROACH. perhaps YOU should ask if YOU could opt OUT of your trip so you ARE doing your BIT to help your EMPLOYER be fiscally RESPONSIBLE :hmm:

Or you could take my advice and hit all of the local strip clubs on the company dime!

Dalton said:
The more I think about this thread the more I imagine the person who is ignoring NSW laughing so hard that ranch dressing is shooting out their nose while they reach for their 22 mozzarella stick.

I somehow doubt it.

So, wait, he's not having an affair? He gets to fly around and your friend is upset that he and his company are not being fiscally responsible? Wow, you don't see that reasoning very often anymore. I, for one, am glad to see that there are still some reasonable, down to earth, forward thinking people left. I applaud you and your friend. I think her boyfriend is a scumbag piece of shit that's thinking only of himself. For shame. I don't care what these other people in here say, I see where you're coming from, and I agree. It also sounds to me like he's having an affair, and since he's a scumbag piece of shit anyway, he probably is. He makes me ill inside.

snowbunny00774 said:

:wink:

Actually, I am the only one going and I could get on the wrong train and end up in San Francisco instead of Daly City and piss the day away without making my presentation.

:hmm:

UberBeaver said:
So, wait, he's not having an affair? He gets to fly around and your friend is upset that he and his company are not being fiscally responsible? Wow, you don't see that reasoning very often anymore. I, for one, am glad to see that there are still some reasonable, down to earth, forward thinking people left. I applaud you and your friend. I think her boyfriend is a scumbag piece of shit that's thinking only of himself. For shame. I don't care what these other people in here say, I see where you're coming from, and I agree. It also sounds to me like he's having an affair, and since he's a scumbag piece of shit anyway, he probably is. He makes me ill inside.

I just don't get how you guys can think like that. one flight isn't going to stop a downward spiral in the economy. I wouldn't say it's selfish per se. maybe you guys are the better people :hmm:

snowbunny00774 said:

I just don't get how you guys can think like that. one flight isn't going to stop a downward spiral in the economy. I wouldn't say it's selfish per se. maybe you guys are the better people :hmm:

It's not the lfight, per se, but what it symbolizes. Clearly this company, and the selfish prick taking the trip, are goig through the motions and aking a last ditch effort to spend the companies (ie THE WORKERS!) money to have a little playtime for themselves. They should be using this money to improve production or at the least give a couple of extras weeks work to some of it's employees. But are they? NOOOOO! They're going to spend it all on hookers and booze - Atlanta? HELLO? HOTlanta? You know what goes on down there? It's like Amsterdam. The more I think about it, the sicker I get. There's a goddamn recession people - you know what businesses do well in recession? Whore, alcohol, guns, drugs and movies - hence - Atlanta. I'm going to puke.

MsMofoGone said:

She told me it was because he has never been to Atlanta ... so he figured since the company was inviting the employees to go, he would just go ahead and go.

The guy wanted to visit a new city on the dime of a company that is giving him the arse card.

And you've got a fucking problem with it!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me

MsMofoGone said:

She's not crazy ... she's even more professional-minded than he is when it comes to a prospering career. She's an Executive Administrator in the School District here. Surprise !! That definitely says something about her employment. :up:

No wonder your education system is in the shitter

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus

I'm so glad i read this thread

No spoken words said:
This thread got me ignored.

I love this thread.

Now if you could just see exactly who is ignoring you (yes, I know you know, but it's soooo much more fun to see it than it is just to know it) life would be perfect!

UberBeaver said:

It's not the lfight, per se, but what it symbolizes. Clearly this company, and the selfish prick taking the trip, are goig through the motions and aking a last ditch effort to spend the companies (ie THE WORKERS!) money to have a little playtime for themselves. They should be using this money to improve production or at the least give a couple of extras weeks work to some of it's employees. But are they? NOOOOO! They're going to spend it all on hookers and booze - Atlanta? HELLO? HOTlanta? You know what goes on down there? It's like Amsterdam. The more I think about it, the sicker I get. There's a goddamn recession people - you know what businesses do well in recession? Whore, alcohol, guns, drugs and movies - hence - Atlanta. I'm going to puke.

so you're implying her friends BOYFRIEND of 8 yrs is ignoble :huh:

why would a SCHOOL district exec be dating someone like that for 8 yrs? FLAWED theory pal.

indra said:

Now if you could just see exactly who is ignoring you (yes, I know you know, but it's soooo much more fun to see it than it is just to know it) life would be perfect!

I like the dash of mystery. If people quote everything I say in here, then it does not get ignored, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom