Brothers- gallagher- I judged their book

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
and I wished I had not.
because my friend owns a 2nd hand book and music store, and very kindly keeps anything U2 that he finds until I check it out first, I've taken to scouting for books for him at markets and jumble sales etc. I found "Brothers" by Paul Gallagher, the family story of the Gallagher's.His little brothers, Liam and Noel are in Oasis.
Before this I quite liked their songs I heard on the radio, but I must admit to thinking of them as unncecessarily aggro dickheads( to be perfectly honest).
my o my, how a bit of truth doesn't hurt. The chapter written by their mother is heart-rending:sad: :sad: :sad: I had no idea. I really appreciate the insight it has given me into the celtic nature and the way they deal with "family issues" It's familiar, I'm sad to say, but it helps to have it explained.
So I'm confessing to regretting having wrongly judged them, it makes me realise how easy that is to do, I should know better by now. Anyone who is a fan will probably already know their story. I'm a bit stunned how comtemporary it is, but I suppose not much changes about human nature.
I am going to collect my Unforgettable Fire vinyl today. The store owner is already chasing Living Colour Cd's for me. I'll ask him to add Oasis to that list.:yes:

I loved the opening quote from a Roman in 160 BC.....and their summing up of it..."the celts were born to rock":wink:

So they aren't unncecessarily aggro dickheads? :der: Oh my.....my view of the world is shattered now......

wel as usual..I prematurely posted

I just read the first couple of chapters and was so upset by it and reacted.
I'm up to the bit about drugs and burglary...I can't see how having a violent father makes you do that.But I still feel compassion for their mum and for them as children. I don't think being abused as a child is an excuse for later behaviour, but it does have an effect...you have to rise above it, somehow.
I'll read on and resist the urge to post about it
Hopefully it will be the worst thing that will shatter your world falling star...peace, of mind 2 U, if not on earth for now.
I think it is good their brother wrote the book and not someone from outside the family.And I do like the bit about the celts.:yes: :wave:
the rest is silence

**cass rips off the gaff tape** and another thing!!!

I got to the end of the book yesterday and I cannot resist the urge to quote this bit.

" I cried every time I saw Oasis on television early on......When I read in the paper that they did this or did that I just take it with a pinch of salt. It used to upset me at one time, the way the papers used to write about them, but I know what they are like and so do the neighbours- and they've always been smart and well-behaved, or at least while I had an eye on them.":)heart: :hug: sweet motherlove)
HERE'S THE GOOD BIT!!! imho
" I've been to see them play a few times. I especially enjoyed Slane Castle :combust: in Ireland and I'm going to see them when they play in Cork later this year. They introduce me to famous people. I've met Bono out of U2 and he was a very nice man - he even kissed my hand and said I reminded him of his mother."......
...."Money doesn't always bring happiness however. If it was left to me, I'd like to see the three of them settled down, married, bringing up a family and living just around the corner from me. I'd like to think I could see them every day. I suppose every mother wants that.":yes: :heart:

Peggy Gallagher, March 1996

Dear Mrs Gallagher.,Against the odds , you did a fine job with your boys.God bless you.:hug:

It is indeed a frog on .falling angel, Cute eh?
It is a photoshopped card I found. However one of my friends usually home-makes extraordinary Christmas cards. She did one with a real and very large green tree frog wearing the teeniest santa hat, sitting on her daughter's shoulder. Last year the "reinsheep" had to wear antlers....this year?
PEACE

typos...still with the typos....I got my new glasses on Friday( I love them!!) so i can't blame poor eyesight anymore eh? .........bummer!!

Attachments

• zzzzhappybonofrog.jpg
    zzzzhappybonofrog.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Re: **cass rips off the gaff tape** and another thing!!!

cass said:
It is indeed an frog on falling angel, Cute eh? It is a photoshopped card I found. However one of my friends always home-makes extraordinary Christmas cards. She did one with a real very large green tree frog wearing the teeniest santa hat, sitting on her daughter's shoulder. Last year the "reinsheep" had to wear antlers....this year?
PEACE
Awww, that's so cute! A reinsheep! :lmao:

I don't know about cute, only a face a mother could love. U wanna see one? hang on

Good Golly Miss Molly!!
mmmaaaaaaaarry Christmas

Attachments

• xmas sheep006.jpg
    xmas sheep006.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 30
on a roll here, must be the new googles...must be

but first on a serious note. As often happens, it's the timing of finding and reading this particular book "brothers, from childhood to Oasis, the real story"
Peggy Gallagher, refers to her husband as " street angel and a house devil" I know too many men who fit that description, but it is a relief to have it described. The song "SIAM" by U2 began the process for me, meeting some supportive and encouraging friends here @interference helped immensely, I was almost there. Reading this book now, just feels like it's complete...the end of 2002 AD, a good time to close the door on all that. It feels good.

anyway...back to the Chrissy cards. This year I found some beauties at the cathedral shop.....slightly U2ey imho.Always I have been writing( amongst other things...my cards tend to turn into "war and peace" very lengthy and somewhat cryptic:eyebrow: )
"who's gonna ride your wild horses..." and GIRL POWER!!! inside them.:kiss: :hug: :kiss: :wave:

Attachments

• zzzwithlovealways.jpg
    zzzwithlovealways.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
LMAO

:lmao: The reinsheep!

:der: This thread turned out different than you had thought, eh? :hug:

I gave up having any expectations about Interference a long looong time ago

I just stay in my own groove and keep posting until Elvis tells me otherwise. I'm reading a book about Sting next...I'll be strong and keep it to myself...although did you see him as Feyd in Dune?:sexywink: :der:
U2 are still my all-time foreverever ever and ever favourite.
:yes: :larry: :adam: :bono: :edge: :heart:

starlight starbright, first star I see tonight
wish I may , wish I might
have the wish I wish tonight...
actually at the moment when I get out of bed in the morning there is a huge star? planet? due east, with it's tiny companion. That's the one I wish on.
I'll catch you if you fall....I watched a new documentary about INXS today...that was one bright star we lost that day. Beautiful Boy.
hmmm, just recalled , there is an Oasis concert video for hire in town. I'll get that asap.

PEACE :wave:

Back
Top Bottom