bono annoys me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonosgirl84 said:

exactly :|

it was rude :mad:

Do you even have any idea how the band came up with the name?

:eyebrow:

I don't know why anyone would bother to start a thread on a U2 fansite about disliking Bono. It seems sort of pointless to me.

ahem...im the one who clarified the statement of bono being rude. we all have our opinions. i wondered myself tonight how the band name came up. it'd be kinda funny if bono came up with the name tho...

we can start threads in here about anything we choose to confess. thats the beauty of this forum.

Last edited:
bonosgirl84 said:

exactly :|

it was rude :mad:

I don't know why anyone would bother to start a thread on a U2 fansite about disliking Bono. It seems sort of pointless to me.

The name was suggested by a friend after they were already calling themselves..
The Hype first
Feedback 2nd, and then friend suggested U2 in the late 70s.

As far as Bono being a Jesus figure ..I dont see him that way, just a wonderful man w rigteous intentions and a grand message.:)

Diamond

Nope....he doesn't annoy me. I watch his "political" stuff if I happen to see any interview on TV, it's not like I purposely look out for things like that. Musically, I really liked the last album and I'm looking forward to the new stuff.
I see how saying "best band in the world" can be understood like egoistic, but hey, every singer has to believe in their band. And not many bands out there can sey they sold so many albums, had so many top 10 songs, had been around for so long, been so popular several times...you know? They can back that claim with facts.

I thought that bit about the name U2 on Larry King was
a) funny
b)a nice touch of self-critisicm rarely seen in stars

(actually this debate reminds me of the whole "how dare they critisize Pop" thing)

Last edited:
icelle said:
i respect your opinion about bono, diamond...but sometimes you make him out to be some kind of jesus figure. he's only human. just like the rest of us.

im off to bed.

Bono's not Jesus? :ohmy:

I'm rediscovering U2 at the moment. I haven't listened to them in months, but I'm trying to compile something to listen to on the bus and I'm sorting through all the albums and enjoying them in the process. I do think he can make silly statements in public sometimes.

I think Bono was annoying when he was rude to some journalist recently. This journalist, who just wanted to make conversation with Bono, asked him if it was true that he'd bought a place in New York. Bono got kinda mad and told him that no one reads the tabloids except him (the journalist who asked the question). I just thought Bono would have a better way of dealing with questions he doesn't like, by now. Then he said something like "I'm very lucky and am having the best time of anyone's life, but I don't want to be asked about things like that". or something. That made it a bit better. But I was just thinking that he shouldn't have been rude in the first place. I mean, everyone knows he must be rich. He's really talented, works hard, and deserves it. How come he is so willing to talk about so many things, but then gets annoyed when asked a question like that? I mean, it's really nice that he doesn't go around showing everyone how wealthy he is. But I don't like that he doesn't seem to want to own up to being priviledged, like he can afford to buy, and does buy, really cool things, but doesn't want anyone to know. I know that it's no one's business but Bono's, but that just annoyed me a little. But no one's perfect. I still think Bono's great.

I think he probably thought the question was reaching too far in his privacy...in which IMO he was right. Is it really anyone's business where he lives?
Maybe he doesn't want to have fans stalking him AT HIS HOME.

Last edited:
:yes: U2girl, couldn't agree with you more.

And about the Larry King thing: people tend to take Bono to seriously, when he himself doesn't even do that. Why get offended so quickly? There's no reason for that.:) We all should :dance: a little more....:wink:

sengira said:

you were three years old when i started listening to u2. i have been listening to u2's music and bono's ideas for twenty years. wrong girl to question on her knowledge of u2, but hey, you didn't know :)

also, taking my statements too seriously is a mistake. i hardly thought my saying bono was rude while i poured beer down the front of me was meant to be taken seriously :huh:

bonosgirl84 said:

you were three years old when i started listening to u2. i have been listening to u2's music and bono's ideas for twenty years. wrong girl to question on her knowledge of u2, but hey, you didn't know :)

also, taking my statements too seriously is a mistake. i hardly thought my saying bono was rude while i poured beer down the front of me was meant to be taken seriously :huh:

this is why i love bg84:heart:

i love bono. i love everything he does and says. I think he's a genius, he's a beautiful generous inspiring person. nothing could drive me away! :heart:

Now i'm gonna go listen to one of my many radio interviews w/ him where he makes me laughhhh so much.

:love:Bono:love:

I am coming out of hiding to simply say, I love Bono and he is my hero. I think alot of people could learn a lot from him and do some good with their lives like he has. Nevermind provide us with amazing music.

:heart: Viva Bono :heart:

*goes back into hiding :reject:

just wait for the new album.

I hope it sounds like metallica, but harder.

don't you have Rhead to pay attention to these days?

If not - listen to Audioslave dammit!!!!

First of all, as Bono said on Larry King (I think it was on Larry King) it was Steve Averill their designer friend who came up with the name. I think he was kind of joking about not liking the name, but even if he DOESN'T like the name, it's his band, and he can say whatever he likes about it!

On Much Music, when the band was interviewed, Bono said that the great thing about U2 was that they have a huge *collective* ego, rather than 4 separate egos....this is key if your band is going to be the greatest in the world, which it is. Also, he said they were the greatest band in the world *in that moment on stage* and that another band could take over at any minute.

Sure everyone suffers from a bit of overexposure, but I agree, if we didn't spend our lives immersed in U2 stuff, we'd barely notice his activities. Bono is a man of great integrity that never ceases to impress me. If I got to work with more people like him in my field, I would be extremely privileged.

I have also loved the way the band has always said that if one of them starts acting like an ass, the rest kick him in the ass. By and large I believe that to be true. Maybe he has his bad days, we all do, but the EFFORT the guy puts into connecting with fans and the HUMILITY just blows me away!

I don't like to go on too much about my coffee with Bono story, but the fact that he would sit down with us that way...and that he continues to patiently talk to fans day in and day out is amazing. And that time in Montreal when I had that sign for Edge...it was Bono who went and got him from the other end of the ramp to read it. That is a caring man.

Bono certainly does not annoy me, I will adore him always.

:yes: :bono: :heart:

mystery girl said:
I think Bono was annoying when he was rude to some journalist recently. This journalist, who just wanted to make conversation with Bono, asked him if it was true that he'd bought a place in New York. Bono got kinda mad and told him that no one reads the tabloids except him (the journalist who asked the question). I just thought Bono would have a better way of dealing with questions he doesn't like, by now. Then he said something like "I'm very lucky and am having the best time of anyone's life, but I don't want to be asked about things like that".

haha, ok, now i like him more.

treating journalists like crap, is always gt's.

ok, so after reading everyone else's response and how much they love bono, i feel like such a bad fan. either that or im just really burnt out on them. i never said i didnt like bono...

i guess i need a break from them...but how can i make myself stop...

Don't worry Icelle, it's because you are a fan that you are allowed to criticize them, no one else is! LOL!

Kinda like you can still be a patriot and criticize the President...ooops wrong thread! :silent:

:D

Angel said:
:angry: sarcasm will get you nowhere bear.

i figured someone as bright as you would catch on to that, and see it as sarcastic, but i meant it. i like seeing rock stars act bored with journalists. thom yorke is king of that, and bono can do a good job of it to, from what i hear.

I like it when he gets nekkid for journalists.

Yeah, more of that, please.

Mrs. Edge said:
Don't worry Icelle, it's because you are a fan that you are allowed to criticize them, no one else is! LOL!

Kinda like you can still be a patriot and criticize the President...ooops wrong thread! :silent:

:D

kind of like being able to beat up on or make fun of a younger sibling but no one else is allowed to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom