bitting my nails.... i can't stop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muggsy

Refugee
I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and
hey! :)

I don't know why... maybe cuz i'm a nervous person, cant stop bitting my nails... I've never had a good manicure just because i don't have enough nails to get one and sometimes i feel really embarrased when someone look at my hands. I bit my nails since i remember and it takes a lot of work for me to let them grow just a little. I have to keep my nails short because of my job but sometimes I go to far and I hurt my fingers.

I know that's a bad habit and i've heard that there are some situations that make you do that, but i haven't found the reason why i bit my nails so much and i just really want to stop doing that :huh:

I pick at my nails and they are HORRIBLE......I have only been able to let them grow once in my life.....I need to stop too! :banghead: :crazy:

I bite my nails too.. :(
but what I began to do this year, was chew lotsa gum (that's not good either.. :slant:) because it kept my mouth busy and my fingers wouldn't go near my mouth.. AND I painted my nails with this clear nail polish so when I bit it, it would take gross :yuck: .

and my nail biting habit has drastically gone down. but now I have a habit of chewing too much gum... :shrug:

I don't bite my nails, but I chew them. The difference is I never actually bite them off. I do chew on them all day though.

starsgoblue said:
Get acrylic nails....they look pretty and you can't bite them.

:yes:

I used to bite when I was younger but when I started growing my nails long and giving myself manicures, all of that changed. I love having a nice manicure. :cute:

I want to get fiberglass nails again. I loved my nail tech. We were so close that I even went to her wedding, lol.

I do that... I also have a problem with biting my fingers around the nails. It's one of my most compulsive habits, unfortunately.

oh i'm definetly guilty too. my dad bit his nails and i picked it up when i was really young. at times they've been really bad. when i was in grade 10 and my marks werent that great and i was looking for a job my nails were the worst they've been. but i got a job and my marks went up but i still kept biting. its just a subconscious thing for me now. i tried using that polish on the nails-didnt work. i started wearing an elastic band around my wrist and playing with that instead when i was 14 and i've worn one ever since. its a big fashion statement :lmao:

my younger brother who used to bite his nails got professional help to stop his habit. when he was 4 or 5 and bit his nails he got really sick because of the dirt under his nails.

I bite my nails, and I really don't know why. I don't consider myself to be a nervous person or anything - I'm quite laid back. So I don't know how I picked up this habit and why I still do it.

Back
Top Bottom