Best mates Dad has died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaz02

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Hmmm my best mates Dad has died aged 52 of a heart attack. Ive literally known the guy all my life, he was more of a uncle than a friends Dad. According to my mate he died of a heart attack while working. He was a milkman. I'd hate to think he was struggling and no one was around to help him.

My friend called me up to tell me and i said i was there if he needed me. What do i say at times like these ?

R.I.P Uncle Eddie

Sorry to hear that :hug:

Just be there for him.. if he needs to talk, or maybe he might want to spend some extra time hanging out instead of sitting at home.. to take his mind off things.

Sorry to hear that :hug:

Just be there for him.. if he needs to talk, or maybe he might want to spend some extra time hanging out instead of sitting at home.. to take his mind off things.

I agree.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. :hug:

I might ask him out to the pub but alcohol + emotion = recipe for disaster imo

Its quite hard to get guys to talk about their emotions, so i guess he's gonna bottle it up and let the cork pop when he is drunk.

He asked me round round before and i brought a bottle of wine ( very manly). He was making jokes and everything about his Dad dying and i knew behind the fake laughs were a guy that not only lost his Dad but lost a mate.

He putting on a front at the moment but it wont last. Im going pub with him and a few others tomoz, im gonna keep an eye on him.

All you can do Vaz, is be a good pal to him. Guys dont do hugs and emotional support at times like these like gals do. Just knowing they are there for you is what matters. And you can tell your a good pal to him via the fact your seeking advice to help on here :applaud::up:

^ Ha if i told him that he go mental. He dislikes u2 with a passion :lol:

yeah my best friends mom died last year, it sucked a lot. theres not much to be said, you just gotta be there for him and let him know he can talk to you if he needs to.

Funeral and wake today. All the scots are down too which should be fun :D

Back
Top Bottom