Being Harrassed & Threatened

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pppfffffffft some so called men should be castrated.

Glad you´re ok BC. Cops is the best thing you can do when you get harassed by madmen. Stay safe!

I'll come beat the crap outta this fuckhead if he goes near you or your sis! I could never do such a thing to a woman!

Can you block numbers from your phone? I've been able to do this in the past. It beats changing your number anyway, I know how you feel about that especially after having the same number for a long time. Still, inconvenience of changing a number vs what could happen (the guy sounds like a ticking time bomb).....stay safe.

Well, I haven't heard from him since then, so maybe the visit from the police scared him off. The deputy told me that they are in the process of obtaining subpoenas to get phone records.

:hug:

Some great advice here but I'd like to add...

Keep a log of everything that happens. This includes when you received the calls, calls you made to the police, officer's names and the police case number(s).

WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING NO MATTER HOW INSIGNIFICANT YOU THINK IT MIGHT BE!!!

Feel free to pm me if you need anything else

there are some freaks about bc. i am sure the rozzers will sort him out. change your number might be wise as for the sake of texting your new number to your mates you will cut his link with you.

a friend of mine is being harrassed by a psycho ex friend of hers. so far she has made bogus appointments to view the house my friend is selling leaving such names as Miss Tufa Sbich and Miss Bak Stab (she doesnt have much intelligence or imagination but she is vindictive).

Her latest and this has prompted police involvement was to ring my friends employer while she was on holiday and say she was calling from a hospital HIV dept and stating my friend hadn't collected her medication!!!! My friend is an optician.

This has obviously caused a great deal of stress and it is now in the hands of the police.

Natural Justice will catch up with these people in time. They will always be life's losers!

Wow, CKONE, that is awful! :( I hope that stuff stops soon for your friend.

Since the police went to his house, I haven't received any more phone calls from him. I'm cautiously optimistic that he will just leave me alone now, since he knows I've called the police, but it's hard to say. His pattern has always been to bug me a lot for a couple weeks or so and then leave me alone for awhile, even up to a few months. :shrug:

Bonochick said:
Since the police went to his house, I haven't received any more phone calls from him. I'm cautiously optimistic that he will just leave me alone now, since he knows I've called the police, but it's hard to say. His pattern has always been to bug me a lot for a couple weeks or so and then leave me alone for awhile, even up to a few months. :shrug:
i was worried when i saw this bumped but i'm glad he's been quiet as of late. i hope it stays that way :hug:

I got a call from the police. The threatening call came from a number I did not know.

Here's a little info...using fake numbers, obviously:

His home number: 111-222-3333

Last cell phone I knew he had: 444-555-6666

Number the calls came from: 444-555-3333

Basically, if you're confused by that, the calls came from a number with the same area code and exchange numbers as the last cell phone number I knew he had, combined with the same four digits at the end of his home phone number.

Coincidence? We don't think so.

I feel better having some proof (although it could be argued by some as a huge coincidence). They are going to try to get actual proof that the number really does belong to him though.

fah said:
:hug:

Some great advice here but I'd like to add...

Keep a log of everything that happens. This includes when you received the calls, calls you made to the police, officer's names and the police case number(s).

WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING NO MATTER HOW INSIGNIFICANT YOU THINK IT MIGHT BE!!!

Feel free to pm me if you need anything else

:yikes: i hope everything works out BC! :hug:

i was going to suggest making a log too. it's easy to forget things when they happened and who you talked to and could be helpful to have.

i really hope the police can prove it came from him. stay safe bc!

That's really scary. I'm glad the police are now involved.

I would still keep a good eye looking out, and I would probably even get a rottweiler or a German Shepherd, heehee.

I got a call from the police today. They were able to verify that the calls came from a phone registered to him, so he was arrested. Of course, he's denying it. He was able to bond out of jail, but a pre-trial is scheduled. If there ends up being a regular trial, I will be issued a subpoena to appear.

I knew there was a chance of that happening, but now that we're actually getting to that point, it's making me anxious and nervous. I never wanted to deal with him again, that is my main goal. The thought of having to see him, even if just in court, makes my stomach turn, I'm just feeling really upset. There's a small part of me wishing I hadn't done anything because I just don't want to deal with all of this, but it has been so nice to not have him calling me anymore. I didn't want it to escalate like this, but if this is what it takes for him to leave me alone, so be it. I let this go on for so long, he had many opportunities to just knock it off and leave me alone, but he didn't. He needs to realize he can't do this kind of stuff to people.

On the bright side, if I get a subpoena, it would be to appear back in my hometown, so it would be an excuse for me to take a trip home.

wow, im glad they were able to prove it came from his phone. be safe bc:hug:

My mom works for a district attorney's office, and I know part of her office is a victim-witness program. The people who work in that part of that office are trained to work with those affected by a crime from the time it first happens all the way through the criminal proceedings.

If you do get called, most likely you'll get to meet with the prosecutor and a victim advocate, and they'll prepare you for exactly what to expect when you're on the stand. They can't change the fact that you'll have to be in a room with him, but they'll help you to feel in control. Then you can go in there, put on your :mad: face, and tell the court exactly what happened so this jerk can get convicted.

Just here to agree with Martha (as usual it seems). This was all his doing. He had the control of his actions all along. If this is the only way that'll make him grow up, then so be it.

:hug:s for the Kat

For malicious contact with a phone, he received 6 months probation, has to pay a $615 fine, and is to never contact me again.

YES!!!!!!!!!! :happy:

I've been following this story for awhile now and waiting to see the outcome so I'm really glad for you that this loser has been penalised. It's scary thinking how many nutters there are out there.

Speaking of nutters, I went on a date with this girl a couple of weeks ago and apparently I've done something to warrant her leaving me text messages, voice messages, email, messages on Facebook almost everyday. I told her more than a week ago that it's not on and almost to the point of being rude that nothing is going to advance with us. She doesn't give up though and it's got the point where I'm going to have to block everything. Last night she sent me an image on my mobile of a freaking flower and some references to her lower anatomy.

She found out my home number too which I have no idea how she did that because I'm not listed and now she knows where I live. Yikes.

Back
Top Bottom