Bad timing...interesting situation!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
I just found out that my very first crush from Tennessee will be going to college here where I live!

But, he gets here the day after I leave for college an hour and a half from here.

This is a very interesting situation.......

Look, he won't be able to compete with the cougar, so don't worry about it :wink:

Seriously, well, I don't know what to say.
If I were in your shoes, well, (and my first """crush""")
Then I would be in a very bad situation.
I don't know.
There aren't many colleges directly around here, and I don't think she would want to go to one... but if she did, I'd be here as often as possible. But I think my situation is vastly different, or I'm explaining it differently....

Eh, so disregard all of that.

If it is just your first crush, let the past stay in the past, unless he comes and hunts you down.

I don't know, do you two still talk?

My first "boyfriend" (I was 12, okay :wink: ) moved away and I hadn't seen him in 5 years. Then, the first day of undergrad, there's a guy poking me in the shoulder in physics class and it was him. What a cool coincidence.

I ended up being good friends with him for the next couple of years, but he was no longer the boy that I knew when we were kids. In some ways for the better, in some ways not. But the romanticized version in my head was certainly not accurate.

the rockin edge said:
crushes you can't do anything about suck:|

Amen to that, buddy.

I remember when my family was getting ready to visit Iowa last month, I was all excited because I thought I'd get to see my old boyfriend again (we broke up 'cause I moved away), 'cause he'd been going to the community college in town. But when I e-mailed him about it, he told me that he'd since moved to Illinois earlier in the year. Which bummed me out big time, but at the same time, as pointed out, would things really be the same as they once were? Probably not. But it still would've been interesting to see him again...

Shame that you guys are gonna be apart yet again, U2democrat. At least you're a lot closer than I am with my old boyfriend or another guy I had a crush on (who does still live in Iowa, he's in, like the east central part of the state) :). Maybe you'll be lucky enough to meet up again, if for no other reason than just to say hi.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Amen to that, buddy.

I remember when my family was getting ready to visit Iowa last month, I was all excited because I thought I'd get to see my old boyfriend again (we broke up 'cause I moved away), 'cause he'd been going to the community college in town. But when I e-mailed him about it, he told me that he'd since moved to Illinois earlier in the year. Which bummed me out big time, but at the same time, as pointed out, would things really be the same as they once were? Probably not. But it still would've been interesting to see him again...

At least you're a lot closer than I am with my old boyfriend or another guy I had a crush on (who does still live in Iowa, he's in, like the east central part of the state) :). Maybe you'll be lucky enough to meet up again, if for no other reason than just to say hi.

Angela

:shocked: now this is getting weird, I'm in east central Iowa :shifty:

what community college?

the rockin edge said:
:shocked: now this is getting weird, I'm in east central Iowa :shifty:

:ohmy:...really?

Originally posted by the rockin edge
what community college?

Well, the guy I had a crush on in high school is the one who lives in east central Iowa-he's going to one of the state universities there, I think it's Iowa State. My old boyfriend was the one who was going to the community college in our town in northern Iowa, but like I said, he's in Illinois now.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

:ohmy:...really?

Well, the guy I had a crush on in high school is the one who lives in east central Iowa-he's going to one of the state universities there, I think it's Iowa State. My old boyfriend was the one who was going to the community college in our town in northern Iowa, but like I said, he's in Illinois now.

Angela

yep really:wink: Did you live in Iowa?

the rockin edge said:
yep really:wink: Did you live in Iowa?

Mmhm. 'Tis where I was born...lived in a town in north central Iowa for the first 15 years of my life up until the summer of 2000, then my family moved to a town in the northwestern part of the state and I lived there until the summer of 2003, and then my family moved to Nebraska. And then last summer, my family moved out to where we now reside-Wyoming :).

Are you originally from that state, or did you move there?

*Sorry if it seems we're derailing your thread here or something, U2democrat...feel free to keep talking about your situation with the guy :)*

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Mmhm. 'Tis where I was born...lived in a town in north central Iowa for the first 15 years of my life up until the summer of 2000, then my family moved to a town in the northwestern part of the state and I lived there until the summer of 2003, and then my family moved to Nebraska. And then last summer, my family moved out to where we now reside-Wyoming :).

Are you originally from that state, or did you move there?

I moved there in 1999 when I was 11 from England after my grandmother died, to look after my grandfather.

U2democrat said:
I just found out that my very first crush from Tennessee will be going to college here where I live!

But, he gets here the day after I leave for college an hour and a half from here.

This is a very interesting situation.......
Aw, that sucks ~ but on the flipside you can't be dissapointed by reality, just let down by what may be

:hug:

the rockin edge said:
I moved there in 1999 when I was 11 from England after my grandmother died, to look after my grandfather.

I see...wow, from England, eh?

Sorry about your grandmother, by the way :hug:.

Also, U2democrat, do you have any plans on trying to meet up with him at some point and time? Are you trying to get in contact with him?

Angela

My excrush rode into town not too long ago...yet I didn't get to see him.

Good luck to you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom