Babies just don't do it for me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
in school, we were taught that time right before and after your period is like a rollercoaster. like, as you get closer to your period, your chances of getting pregnant go up. then they lower a little during the period, then afterwards they go up, and slowly go back down.

I have never liked babies, never had a ready smile or one iota of patience for a toddler, pretty much thought the worst of school kids, I can pretty much say with certainty that teenagers are a breed of their own. Many adults I also dont like, but I am one happy little ray of sunshine overall. I still dont really like them in general, although time is helping me realise that they aren't really as evil as I make out. I had clutched on to the hope that I would love my own, and lo and behold, so far so good. I adore her. She fascinates me. I have never been this interested in anything before in my life. Every single aspect of her is a new wonder. I even went through a phase of when checking her dirty nappies, smiling everytime she had passed the 'requisite wee and poo quota' set out by the "mother hen" community nurses. It is amazing how much you change when you get your own.
That said, you dont have to like other peoples babies or kids, although to maintain friendships, sometimes its best to pretend otherwise :D

Miss Velvet reminded me of one of my oldest mates. I've known her since we were 12, and she has spent half that time pregnant. She is going to be 26 in March and is currently on her 6th pregnancy. Hoping for the survival of this to make it 4 kiddies for her. Since she was 17, it seems she has never NOT been preggars. I quite like her kids though. She produces good stock.
:D

Giant Lemon said:
I thought that you're most likely to get pregnant while you're ovulating which is about 14 days after the first day of your period. :huh:
lol, i don't know anymore. :shrug:

all i know is whenever we do decide to get pregnant, since my chances are already so slim, we'll buy one of those kits that tells you the best day to conceive.

Angela Harlem said:

I quite like her kids though. She produces good stock.

:lol: :laugh: :lmao:

i am crying laughing at that comment! good stock! hahaha!!!!

well i have known plenty who became pregnant while on their periods. :der: i however don't want to even think about having sex while on my period.

*i think this thread just became a womens only conversation. :lol:*

i recently got back on the pill about 6 mths ago and i gained a little bit of weight, my boobs got bigger and to top it off my hormones and emotions were out of whack for 3 mths! :scream: gotta love estrogen!

:mad: :sad: :| :confused: <---- me during the first three months on the pill.

Sicy said:
Hey I'm 30.. time's a tickin over here. :|

:hmm: maybe if I wait long enough it will be too late :angel:

Don?t you want to reconsider? You looked soooo nice with that baby in your arms! And now that you?ve found the right fish...

:) I think you?d be a perfect mother :)

:reject:

Sicy said:

I know nothing.. I've been on the pill for 14 years :der:

Hey, I don't want to scare you...but please be careful. A high school friend of my cousin's (about 37 or 38) suddenly died last month from a brain aneurysm...because she had been on the pill for 10 years.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

well i have known plenty who became pregnant while on their periods. :der: i however don't want to even think about having sex while on my period.

*i think this thread just became a womens only conversation. :lol:*

Hahahaha! :der: :der: :lol:

senrab said:

Hey, I don't want to scare you...but please be careful. A high school friend of my cousin's (about 37 or 38) suddenly died last month from a brain aneurysm...because she had been on the pill for 10 years.

I've been on it for 12 years!!!! :eek:

all of you. who are on the pill. get a check up. headscan, or mri or whatever they're called. i dont want any of my friends dying:sad:

senrab said:

That is why I will NEVER go on the pill. :no:

I have never had any problems or symptoms from being on the pill. And I even smoke.. which you're not supposed to do.

I'm doing some research..

What causes it?
Aneurysms appear to be the result of a birth defect of the brain's blood vessels. The defect causes an area of weakness in the arterial wall. Throughout the patient's life, the constant effect of blood pressure causes the weak portion of the artery to expand and bulge outward. In unusual cases, infection, head injury, or athero-sclerosis may cause aneurysms.

2. What causes aneuryms?

Intracerebral aneurysms can result from trauma,
infection, or neoplastic disease. Most aneurysms,
however, result from a developmental abnormality of the
inside lining or intima of an artery with abnormal
thinning of the vessel at the site of origin. It appears
there may be a genetic predisposition to the development
of intracerebral aneurysms; the existence in some
families runs as high as 10%, approximately 10 times
higher than that found in the general population. There
are several other causes of intracerebral aneurysms. For
example, they can result from infected embolic material
from a bacterial infection on one of the heart valves
being deposited on one of the arteries in the brain
(mycotic aneuryms).

Hormones:
We believe that hormones may play a role in the development of brain aneurysms. Unlike other types of strokes, women, after menopause, are more commonly affected by brain aneurysms than men. However, prior to menopausal age, it's men who are more commonly affected. Low-dose oral contraceptives do not increase the risk of a ruptured brain aneurysm, and in fact may even decrease the risk. In post-menopausal women, the use of hormone replacement therapy also appears to decrease the risk.

The Pill can cause blood clots

My aunts a doctor and wont let any of her daughters take it and has warned all her nieces against taking it too

I dont like going to see my litle cousins when they are born and they start wriggling about and crying :crack: They frighten me

al my little cousins love me cus im the biggest cousin and they are all toddlers and I ignore them half the time :der: I always end p having to kick a football about or something equally as boring

Sicy said:
I have never had any problems or symptoms from being on the pill. And I even smoke.. which you're not supposed to do.

I'm doing some research..

What causes it?
Aneurysms appear to be the result of a birth defect of the brain's blood vessels. The defect causes an area of weakness in the arterial wall. Throughout the patient's life, the constant effect of blood pressure causes the weak portion of the artery to expand and bulge outward. In unusual cases, infection, head injury, or athero-sclerosis may cause aneurysms.

2. What causes aneuryms?

Intracerebral aneurysms can result from trauma,
infection, or neoplastic disease. Most aneurysms,
however, result from a developmental abnormality of the
inside lining or intima of an artery with abnormal
thinning of the vessel at the site of origin. It appears
there may be a genetic predisposition to the development
of intracerebral aneurysms; the existence in some
families runs as high as 10%, approximately 10 times
higher than that found in the general population. There
are several other causes of intracerebral aneurysms. For
example, they can result from infected embolic material
from a bacterial infection on one of the heart valves
being deposited on one of the arteries in the brain
(mycotic aneuryms).

Hormones:
We believe that hormones may play a role in the development of brain aneurysms. Unlike other types of strokes, women, after menopause, are more commonly affected by brain aneurysms than men. However, prior to menopausal age, it's men who are more commonly affected. Low-dose oral contraceptives do not increase the risk of a ruptured brain aneurysm, and in fact may even decrease the risk. In post-menopausal women, the use of hormone replacement therapy also appears to decrease the risk.

OK then. Just wanted to put what happened from my cousin's friend's experience...but I wonder if she had a higher risk because she had some kids before she went on the pill? :shrug:

Hmm.. I dont know.. I was thinking maybe she had another problem besides being on the pill. Maybe something genetic that she didnt know about or something? In any case, that's very sad.. that she had kids.. :(

Sicy said:
Hmm.. I dont know.. I was thinking maybe she had another problem besides being on the pill. Maybe something genetic that she didnt know about or something? In any case, that's very sad.. that she had kids.. :(

Yes, genetics are a good point. It is sad; from what I hear, she was a very accomplished woman and did a lot at the school that her kids and my cousin's son go to - like volunteering and things like that. I know my cousin was upset about it - not just because it was someone she went to school with, but because it was someone her own age. :(

i was on the pill from 1994-1999...i got off of it when i started having kidney problems. i get an annual checkup every year and god knows with all of the Cat Scans and Xrays that i have had on my body, i am sure they would have found a tumor or problem by now.

and no my friend is not from kentucky...lol. she is just a believer in the lord and i feel like a big sinner everytime i talk to her. :mac:

So, I have been pondering this thread for a while....

I have seen Jess' distates for kids up close.... :lol:

Anyway, I look forward to the day I can raise children. My parents have given me a very good life - and I hope I can do that too. Like Jkayet, I have a lot of family pressure to have offspirng (and I don't even have a girlfirend). I am the "last of the family line."

And what is even weird, a lot of people in my generation (cousins and sibling) have had a lot of trouble conceiving - or hold onto what they have conceived (misscarriages up the wazoo). So, I often wonder if it is the "higher being" saying "this gene pool needs to dry up" or something.

Very somber thoughts...it is just my weird head.

zonelistener said:
So, I have been pondering this thread for a while....

I have seen Jess' distates for kids up close.... :lol:

You have?? :confused:

You mean that time we had breakfast and we had that ghastly screaming 2 year old next to us?

Back
Top Bottom