ask Irvine about men!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Windmilllane said:

I am single because I am downright ugly. I have a big nose, a skinny face and balding. Now, if I were a hot-looking guy, I could get any woman I want. But because I am ugly, women have no interest in me whatsoever, no matter how great my personality is. Life is all about good looks.

:|

why do you always say this about yourself?

I think this thread is a good idea. Irvine can be Interference's very own Dan Savage. We got off to a bad start but I think we can get things back on topic.

I'll come back later and post a question.

Windmilllane said:

I am single because I am downright ugly. I have a big nose, a skinny face and balding. Now, if I were a hot-looking guy, I could get any woman I want. But because I am ugly, women have no interest in me whatsoever, no matter how great my personality is. Life is all about good looks.

What about your standards? What if an ugly, balding, big nosed girl asked you out?

btw.. I would take Adrien Brody and his nose any day over crazy Tom or cheating Brad.

Last edited:
alison0313 said:

What about your standards? What if an ugly, balding, big nosed girl asked you out?

btw.. I would take Adrien Brody and his nose any day over crazy Tom or cheating Brad.

Tom and Brad:yuck:

Sicy said:
It's a shame that 1 or 2 people have to always be so god damn rude. If you dont like the thread dont freaking post in it, rate it one star, whatever but let the people that are interested in the thread enjoy it for gods sakes.

No kidding. What a joke. Perhaps if they had actually read what was being said in the other thread about this, they might have understood the whole point to begin with.

I have a question! :hyper:

Irvine, how long do you reckon it would take for an average 19 year old guy to get over breaking up with his girlfriend of 18 months?? When she's been a bitch to him since they broke up and they don't see each other or have any contact any more? On average, say.. ;)

Wow this thread took a shit turn quickly...some people don't get it.

You've handled yourself fine Irvine...

Now back to the questions:

1. Why is it nice guys finish last?

2. Does this stigma exists with homosexuals as well?

3. Does it change with age(I actually have a theory about this one, but would like to hear yours first:wink:)?

Windmilllane said:

Then get a nose job, buy some rogaine, and go to the gym....and most of all, grow up.

:rolleyes:

Windmilllane said:

Franklly, I find your negativity quite sexy. It makes you seem fiesty. Grrrrwaaawrrr...

Now run along child.

I should probably know the answer to this, but I don't:

Why is sex so important to men?
Do they secretly recent their significant other if they don't have sex as often as they like?

{paintedroses} said:
I have a question! :hyper:

Irvine, how long do you reckon it would take for an average 19 year old guy to get over breaking up with his girlfriend of 18 months?? When she's been a bitch to him since they broke up and they don't see each other or have any contact any more? On average, say.. ;)

i'm not irvine, but i'd say roughly 15 years :|

Count me as another yay! vote for this thread.

I have no current questions, but I figure I'll save up all the info for future use. Then I can just swoop in and snag my choice before he knows what hit him! :evil:

phanan said:

No kidding. What a joke. Perhaps if they had actually read what was being said in the other thread about this, they might have understood the whole point to begin with.

I did read the other thread. I got the point. It's not that hard.

Still have the right to disagree with what's being said, no?

Or should I just, to use Indra's yelling caps, NOT FUCKIN READ IT?

I didn't know what was written untill I opened the thread, did I? And I when I did, I had some comments, and posted them.

I think I just described what is "an online discussion board" :hmm:

That said, it's clear this thread is not for me and won't post in it anymore. You can all carry on agreeing with eachother :up:

Irvine511 said:
well, to be frank, i'm a little upset with how this has gone.

i'm leaving work now, and will be out for most of the rest of the evening and then away most of the weekend at a wedding in Baltimore.

i'll see how this goes.

i wanted to have some fun, but it seems to be engendering a level of resentment that i'm not comfortable with -- if it were about a political issue, that's one thing; but this has gotten a bit too personal for my tastes, which i find very disappointing. and it makes me appreciate the FYM kids all that much more.

i hope everyone has a good weekend.

Wow, I don't get why this went sour at all. You've handled yourself well as always.

Windmilllane said:
All women love hot guys, like Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt, to come up to them and say, "You know you want me. You know I am hot. You know you want to suck my dick. You know you want me to fuck you hard."

Woman want hot guys. that's all they want. They want to fuck hot guys.

:yes:

So all women are shallow sluts who just want to go after rich celebrities? I'm glad I came into this thread so I could learn that about myself. :happy:

How insightful. :|

Irvine511 said:
it's a lot to do with ego -- men have fragile egos, and this has much to do with the pressure, i think, of being expected to be calm, cool, confident and in control, not that they are by nature insecure.

That´s a good point. I don´t like expectations. See, sometimes I am calm, confindent and whatnot, and sometimes I am not. Just like any other person. Friends sometimes told me I have this image of ego-asshole and only do all I want, but that I´m getting better in my old days.. somehow. And who could be better aware than me of the show blah kools stickin element environment show damn being anti fashion whatever whatever what?

The expectation is the stupid thing about it. What expectations do men have? K lets go there with the same clichés. Girls have to be beautiful she has to be sexy always ready blah all that shit old macho stuff. I´m not saying I don´t like beauty, the contrary is the case. But i´m not expecting it. And isn´t that what males should have, and partly have, thrown overboard? The inherent sexism of putting women into certain roles.

I feel the same if someone expects me to be strong or confident because I am a man. Why the fuck, is it my duty? When there is a real problem, I have (male? female? whatever) confidence to deal with it. Thats not very special and not part of what I define to be "male". Not what makes me, personally, special.

So generally, when I hear that kind of female expectations, I´m just like .... aha... mhm... yeah yeah (thinking :| )

Emancipation! :up:

I think in the modern day, it is interesting to see the variations... some women still like the idea of a man being able to protect them, and place a high premium upon having a good solid relationship. Yet others are.... moderately to strongly opposed to such things. I suppose the traditional roles between men and women have evolved somewhat, and, personally, I think it is time we start realizing that men and women are actually pretty much the same. Just different kinds of energies, and personalities. I wonder if that is a little too "theoretical" , but so it is. Oh yeah, and, should there be another thread to ask about women, or can we slip comments like that into the mix here, too, as this seems like it will be a diverse gathering of posters...

ylimeU2 said:

So all women are shallow sluts who just want to go after rich celebrities? I'm glad I came into this thread so I could learn that about myself. :happy:

How insightful. :|

if that's not you, then it's not you, but...

the fact you're not that type of woman doesn't mean that type of woman doesn't exsist...(Anna Nicole)

or guy either...(Kevin Federline-Spears)

I didn't say women like that don't exsist. It was the generalization of women in the post I quoted that ticked me off.

Bonus points for pointing out that women are not the only ones guilty of that. :up:

Back
Top Bottom