Art saved my sanity!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I had the Stress Attack From Hell today because I lost my car keys and am having to have another key cut tomorrow for way too much $$. :censored: :censored: Fortunately I had a big time credit at the art store (if you buy $300 worth of supplies and are on their list you get $100 free stuff) so I decided to go stock up, get some new canvases and start a pic. Some recent news has had me bummed out (I won't get into that because that's FYM material) so I was in the mood for another pic for that also. So I went and got the paints and the canvases. I feel 100% better. I'm not beating up on myself because I know everyone screws up and I sure as hell don't think I'm an exception. I probably won't get the pic done for about a week but that's OK-- I'm pleased with what I got done today. :love: :love: :cool: :cool:

Last edited:
I love your artwork that I have seen, verte! that's so awesome & impressive you are able to turn stress and frustration into art! :yes: Talk about making some beautiful out of something upsetting. :hug:

i :heart: art :drool:

i've had a real stressful week at work, and i haven't really done a lot of painting lately. i started a painting on friday morning around 6am and basically finished it by saturday evening. and it did feel good :yes:

i just wish i could afford to spend $300 on art supplies :hyper: :wink:

*wonders why there's a google error at the top of interference*

Last edited:
Art has always been the great stress reliever for me.

I'm sure that without writers, painters and singers I would have gone insane a long time ago.

Thanks verte :hug:

ABEL said:
i just wish i could afford to spend $300 on art supplies :hyper: :wink:

It's over the course of six months. I need to have a good show in July. The only thing I don't like about this is the damn prices at the art store.

:hmm: i should try being in more art shows. i've only been in one a few years ago.

yeah art supplies are expensive :mad: my mom bought some for me when they were here visiting for christmas :)

last year, i went through a class offered through church based on Julia Cameron's book, The Artists Way. I really got into painting. :yes: Its such a meditative way to be.

This year I am facilitating that class! :uhoh:

last year, i went through a class offered through church based on Julia Cameron's book, The Artists Way. I really got into painting. :yes: Its like a meditation for me.

This year I am facilitating that class! :uhoh:

There is a famous art historian, Sister Wendy Becket, who's a Catholic nun from England. She studies art as part of her spiritual discipline, and I can see why. I love her books.

Back
Top Bottom