Are you more open here than you are with real life friends?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm never open to anybody in real life, despite people telling me "You should be more open with yourself you know..."

I don't tell anyone anything, and I know none of my friends are ever going to come here so it's relatively safe to just post stuff here to people I'm never going to meet face to face in order for them to take the piss or whatever...

Hallucination said:

Yeah but whether you like them or hate them or care less about them you don't really know anybody on here anyways. Do You? I mean posting you personal stuff here is a good way to get HONEST feedback. Ya know?

Hmm, I suppose I didn't view it like that, looking more at the concept of this forum and what I want or try to get out of it. If I keep writing here, this could get convoluted and not make much sense, lol. I used to admin this site, and from that and even moderating, I know too much about certain people but they are people I dont actually know. Does this make sense? I mean, I can tell you who is in a violent domestic relationship, who has drug or alcohol dependancies, who has a problem with violence toward women, I could name you people who are serial bedhoppers on here, even down to some who have a criminal record. None of this means I know these specific people. Usually knowing such a thing about someone in real life we unfortunately form an opinion based on that, and we all have these various skeletons and so on. The things I've listed are common occurances in every day people. We all have secrets, all have crosses to bear. Some people choose for whatever reason to divulge this. Quite possibly it is the genuine need for some honest feedback, like you say. That makes sense. Writing about something serious means we can get an unvetted response to it, not areaction to who we are. But some of us, I spose, would rather take the view or opinion of someone who knows our whole selves rather than a layer or element of our whole selves.
I'll stop before this either gets way off topic or seriously lacks cohesion, lol.
:wink:

I love Zoo bc it allows people from all over with all different backgrounds and experiences to help you organize your thoughts and problems:wink:

I don't know...I wouldn't say on this forum some of the most personal things that have happened to me, but I can talk to my close friends about them. still, occasionally I'd feel more comfortable sharing my emotions here over things that might seem stupid or embarrassing to tell even my good friends.

I definitely wouldn't want anyone to know about this site though. :shifty: one of my friends knows i talk to people on the internet, she thinks I'm crazy and keeps bugging me to find out what my "alias" is. :lol:

For Honor said:
I've never understood the people who lurk in forums and do not post there at all. Just read or whatever . I could never do that. :shrug:

I guess I'm "opinionated", but also, I'd feel..... I don't know, maybe it's a courtesy thing, like "hey, I read what you wrote". :shrug: :shrug:

I'm the exact same way For Honor. I must admit though that I did lurk at this forum for about a year before posting. That had more to do with me not really wanting to join another forum. I was affraid that once I was able to post I would spend way more time on here than I should. I hear what you're saying also about it being a courtesy thing. It's like we're awknowledgeing someone by responding. Well obviously we are. I have a hard time not respond to most things I read. I really have to check myself or else I'll end up in too many conversations. I'm kind of an addict that way where once I'm involved I like to see how the conversation developes. Again this causes me to spend more time online than I'd care to. :laugh: This forum(Zoo Confessionals) is by far the most open I've ever been on the internet. Maybe it has o do with the large amount of people that makes it seem more annonymous or maybe it's due to the actual honest feedback you get from people. There are alot of great people here it seems who are genuinely interested in reading and contributeing to other peoples confusion/questions/ and dilemas. Maybe it's a combination of both.

Back
Top Bottom