Are you a Virgin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you a Virgin?

• Yes

Votes: 98 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 46.4%
  • Does it count if it was w/ my blow-up doll?

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Depends on who's asking

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters
RavenStar said:
I was refering to Lara Mullen

My sincerest apologies then... for some reason I thought you were referring to me... Im sorry ravenstar :eek:

As a token, please enjoy the following dance number.

Music: I like to moove it, moove it, he likes to moove it moove it, i like to moove it moove it, he likes to... move it! *crazy 90s techno beats kick up* :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

And for those who are unimpressed...
Music 2: Everybody dance now! -ba, ba-ba ba ba, ba, ba-ba ba-
:dance:

*cough*

I would just like to say, my obstetrician informs me that no, I am not a virgin. Apologies for any misleading information I have given on this subject.

Thankyou.

Oh and congrats to those who pass judgement in here! Excellent to see!

The fact that this is a public forum, and people post here of their own free will means squat.

Judgement.

On who's right?

:scratch:

Can I think of a single reason why I would answer this question honestly, on this forum? Well, no, I can't. Ain't that something.

Kieran McConville said:
Can I think of a single reason why I would answer this question honestly, on this forum? Well, no, I can't. Ain't that something.

Good for you :up:
Dont answer it, its not really that hard, it shouldnt even be an issue... You dont wanna post, fine, who cares, dont post then. There have been limited number of members actually posting in here, and noone said you cant vote and just not post, like really, the votes are confidential, but if youre not even comfortable with that, dont make a big deal out of it - there are thousands of members here who many not even know the thread exists, or do and just chose to ignore it, they didnt make a big deal out of it so why should you? Instead of demanding everyones attention because you have such an important announcement to make, dont waste our time, we were enjoying ourselves quite fine without having to get into off topic discussions on the morality of whether or not you want to choose to tell people something about you or not. Your choice, yours alone, dont need to justify it to anyone, end of story.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem

Oh and congrats to those who pass judgement in here! Excellent to see!

The fact that this is a public forum, and people post here of their own free will means squat.

Judgement.

On who's right?

Hmmm 'the fact that this is a public forum, and people post here of their own free will means squat'. So our free will means squat too? If we see something we want to comment on, we're not allowed to because that would violate someone elses free will? I dont really understand the logic of that statement. By posting, you automatically accept the risk that someone is either going to disagree with you, be offended by your statement regardless of whether offense was intended or not, agree with you, or be morally outraged by your opinions. Now, if theyre morally outraged by your opinions, are they going to sit idly by and let you go about your business, no probably not. Why? Because deep down everyone is idealistic enough to think that everyone should believe in the same things they do so that there will be no conflict, that maybe if they saw things our way (perhaps seeing what theyre doing as wrong or immoral) theyd perhaps realise the value of virginity as we see it, or what should be the inherent value of self that goes along with not fucking half the world.

Our right to freedom of speech allows us to voice our opinions and judgements, whether you like it or not is really too damn bad, because you cant give some the right to speak but not others. I dont think there was any case where the judgements passed in this thread went unresolved and ended up deeply upsetting someone. So what pray tell is the point of saying oooh dont judge. There are some things that shouldnt be judged, thats true, but you can still see things as wrong, specific example, I still dont agree with ravenstar's somewhat (in my opinion) immature attitudes towards virginity, but I never once thought that (s?)he was a bad person, this information didnt change my life, I didnt think any less of him(her) than I did before. I didnt barate and scrutinize anyone severely enough or in such a way that further intelligent discussion around the topic could not be had. Theres a difference between judging peoples thoughts and opinions and openly judging their character.

Judging peoples character usually does not warrant second chances, its usually first impression type stuff, but first impressions have already been made by me of these people, so its not like im going to be closedminded about them and give them no chance to refute my arguements or have a conversation. Its not like I said hmmm well he/she/it is a dumb fuck, oh that person over there is smart but misguided but rather than say anything helpful ill just give him/her a swift tongue lashing, oh and this person over here has an immature attitude so I better be condescending and never admit that theyre entitled to their own views. I was trying to be helpful. Some others were too. Sure maybe people were being judgemental but I cant say that I saw too much of that going on. Criticism versus judgement is very different, and I believe youre smart enough to not need to be told that.

So yes, thanks for that congratulations, it is indeed excellent, and I shall continue it for many many years to come. I never once said I was right though, nor did I say agree with me or tremble before my might, I forced nothing upon anyone, and I didnt group anyone here with any stereotype. I dont know when keeping an open mind suddenly became wrong, but not you or anyone else is going to take away my right to speak freely. Its not like I just showed up and started badmouthing people, I came relatively close to the begining and stayed to the end. People can feel free to say what they want about my arguments, but IM not just running my mouth for the sake of talkign and making others feel ashamed of themselves, Im speaking with perpose, and I have not hidden myself from the criticism of others, but just because they chose not to pick apart every single thing I said doesnt mean that I cannot do the same and discuss it with them. In the end, they dont even have to agree, but theyll be a little more enlightened to one of the many sides of a highly faceted issue.

Does it not also seem a bit ironic that you come in here chastizing those who judge, and yet grouping everyone together under the same idea. That they would judge for the sake of being cruel and of being right. Your statement about people posting of free will alludes to it right away even though you didnt come out and say it, why else would there be a problem with judging peoples statements unless you thought it was being cruel. But yet you judge the judges and assume they have the same reasons for saying what they have, you assume that youre right, youre no better than they are making that statement. Now maybe Im wrong, but thats how I see it, you left your words up for a great deal of interpretation. Dont make statements that have no basis or backup at all, give us at least some indication of what it is youre talking about so that I dont have to try and cover all the bases myself with a sweeping analyzation and generalized interpretation.

LOL if only it were that easy...

lol thanks diemen... :p my frustration and irritability becoming too much of an eyesore? lol :silent: :eeklaugh: :no: :lol: :yes:

Unforgettable Foxfire: I thought my comment was fairly light-hearted. Obviously I was mistaken. I'm flattered that you felt the need to devote some 200+ words to explaining why my bitter and twisted quip was a bad thing. Really, you could have just ignored it altogether.

You know the funny part is I actually tended to agree with your posts for the most part.

RavenStar said:
If anything, I would be conforming by being a virgin.

I haven't read many of the other posts here (too long, too late. Work, 5am). But this quote is bothering me so miuch that I need to address it.

What the hell is wrong with you? COnforming by staying a virgin? Firstly, I think you miss the meaing of the word CONFORM. It mean you have to DO something to be like the masses. If you already ARE something doesn't count.
It's like me conforming to the masses by not tanning - by staying white. I'm blending in with all those other white people.

Personally, conformity is a stupid reason to lose your virginity anyway. You don't seem preoccupied with having sex b/c it's a meaningful experience, but b/c yu're so jaded and peer-pressured that you believe it's cool. Your friend 'understands' what you're going through. What? That you're a sexually furstrated teenager? Everyone goes there.

Look at the forum resuts anyway. There IS NO MASSES. It's practically even. Virgins and non.

You're saying you want to have sex b/c you want to 'Stand Out,' not to conform. Try chanelling your energy into other pursuits...don't conform by being a vegan, stanfding up for Burmese rights. Save the world. Don't make yourself out to be the martyr or saviour b/c you're no longer a virgin.

I'm not judging. I'm merely stating that you might need to get your priorities in order. You might have re-evaluate the way you think. Why do you see sex as somthing that is holding you back? Is it limiting you from something? By not having sex are you any worse off? WHy is this so important to you?

You need to think.

it's always amusing when people try to define "sex" and then apply their own set of standards and values to everyone else, I sense a bit of that is going on here, i might be wrong, but there is no universal definition of what sex should or shouldn't mean

Well that could be true Wanderer, but I always believed that sex involved penetration of either the vaginal or anal kind. Oh, and with a penis involved somewhere. But then I guess lesbian women are not considered virgins even if they have not had man/woman sex...So now I'm confused.

Well, no, I still think its about penetration with a penis into one of said orifices but with lesbian sex, I have no idea.

Well. I just had 2 sausages and some chips. I am not joking.

I had tomato sauce on them.

Make what you will of this Freudian coincidence.

I haven't read many of the other posts here

You should. All I said was originally was: Yes...unfortunately.
You should read the whole story before coming to a conclusion.

What the hell is wrong with you?

What's wrong with you? You assume something is wrong with me because I dont live my life by the same rules as some people here?

COnforming by staying a virgin? Firstly, I think you miss the meaing of the word CONFORM. It mean you have to DO something to be like the masses. If you already ARE something doesn't count.

Staying a virgin is doing something. It's finding other ways to give/receive pleasure without having sex.

Personally, conformity is a stupid reason to lose your virginity anyway. You don't seem preoccupied with having sex b/c it's a meaningful experience, but b/c yu're so jaded and peer-pressured that you believe it's cool

Keep in mind I view having sex as a way to reproduce or give/receive pleasure. The meaningful experience is a bonus but not necessary.

Look at the forum resuts anyway. There IS NO MASSES. It's practically even. Virgins and non

Keep in mind most people my age are virgins. This poll was answered by peole of all different ages and social backgrounds.

You're saying you want to have sex b/c you want to 'Stand Out,' not to conform

I don't remember saying this.

I'm not judging. I'm merely stating that you might need to get your priorities in order. You might have re-evaluate the way you think.

I'd only need to get my priorities in order if I wanted to live the way you do.

You need to think.

And you need to learn how to understand others who don't agree with you.

Staying a virgin is doing something. It's finding other ways to give/receive pleasure without having sex.

Oh.

I was not aware that required a great deal of doing.

I read a bit of a book last night, and lay in front of a fire talking with my girlfriend. Then we kissed a bunch. I felt really great.

Sorry you need sex to make you happy. If you do, then by all means go and have it.

RavenStar said:

Good on ya ravenstar :up: Im behind you on this one as long as there is discussion to be hand and not insults to be flung. I esp agree with you on the whole concept of right&wrong being relative terms, even though when I was talking earlier with you in this thread I made it seem like my side was all cut and dry when really it isnt. kudos my friend, kudos.

SkeeK said:

I read a bit of a book last night, and lay in front of a fire talking with my girlfriend. Then we kissed a bunch. I felt really great.

Not so much this part in particular, but moreover the whole feel of your message: Amen to that. Testify brother damon, you romantic sonofagun you. :D

Damon & Mel :arrow: :heart:

hahaha
damn im immature lol
oh well at least I didnt break into teasing rhymey lymerics and such lol

me = :coocoo:

thanks unforgettableFOXfire :)

If I needed sex to be happy I would be depressed right now. I was just using examples.

RavenStar said:

You should. All I said was originally was: Yes...unfortunately.
You should read the whole story before coming to a conclusion.
Granted. Yes.

As far as I knew, being a virgin didn't require you to DO much at all...that's where the having sex comes in. It's doing something.

Keep in mind I view having sex as a way to reproduce or give/receive pleasure. The meaningful experience is a bonus but not necessary.
Your previous posts just didn't seem overly concerned with either of these facts.

Keep in mind most people my age are virgins. This poll was answered by peole of all different ages and social backgrounds.

You're a teenager?
The avg age to get married in many developing countries is 15 years old. Teenager pre-marital sex is rising. I think it's about even.

I don't remember saying this.
Well, if you're not conforming, you're attempting to do something to distingusih yourself from the masses, to be different.

I'd only need to get my priorities in order if I wanted to live the way you do.
You know nothing of the way I live, of my life. How do you know that I'm not living the same lifestyle that you are, just refraining from having sex?
Fyi, I haven't had sex yet b/c I haven't met the right person. I haven't met anyone that I wanted to share it with yet. Sex isn't a priority for me....it's just something that will happen when the time comes along.
YOur previous post had just made it seem that having sex was one of the most important things for you to do. I'm sorry if I misunderstood.

I do. Different opinions are fine, a-okay, and alrighty-then w/ me. I was merely stating my opinions based on someone else's arguements. I can understand your opinion, I don't have to agree with it.
I never meant to be rude/jump on you here. I was just throwing my weight around. Your sex life is none of anyone's business but your own. However, you have to realize that bringing it out in the open in a public forum would spark debate. I guessed as much that this thread would do so.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom