Are you a Virgin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you a Virgin?

• Yes

Votes: 98 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 46.4%
  • Does it count if it was w/ my blow-up doll?

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Depends on who's asking

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters
ok sula, you got me, that was a slightly mocking tone when I said "waiting for it to be 'perfect'," because I notice a lot of people who wait even though they may be in a serious, comitted relationship, because they think there will be some perfection down the road, when in reality nothing is ever perfect, but anyway, I was also trying to take a cheap shot at Swallow, though he probably wont even read this, damnit, but anyway, I realize that it's far more complicated than any multiple-choice survey questions

and I know some get upset when people talk about sex in such a way, because people may interpret this as being trivial or degrading, but people also have to realize that there's nothing shameful about wanting to have sex, just as there's nothing shameful in wanting it to be special, and I've never understood the mentality of waiting for the sake of waiting, like waiting will make it be perfect, when it's other factors that make the experience special, *time* and conventional traditions are not the most important ingredients, that is what I'm trying to say in such an unintelligable way :rolleyes:

maybe it's more waiting not for it to be special but because of fear of it being bad. which is besides the point but Im just thinking out loud

Virgin? Yes
Because of choice? Mostly
Care(whether you are or not)? No not really
Answering this why? Boredom

yeah, Wanderer, I figured you were trying to get a rise out of monsieur Swallow (a very worthy endeavor ;)) but the truth of the matter is, I get a bit weary with being pidgeon-holed into one of two places. It seems to me that often people assume that if one remains a virgin, one is doing so because one is either a) not able to "get any" or b) misled by the fanciful illusion that the first time will be something magical or mystical and must be saved for the elusive right person. I can't speak for everyone, but I do know that for myself, the reasons are much more complex and I would hope, important, than that.

Without going into great detail, I would say that my personal reasons for foregoing sex at the moment have more to do with a healthy respect for the emotional depth that results from physical intimacy and a desire not to cause myself more pain and conflict than is necessary. Simply put, relationships and break-ups are hellish enough (at least in my experience) and I see no reason to subject myself to the possibility of even greater emotional pain in the event of a relationship falling apart. I know that at this juncture in my life (completing my degree, joining the Peace Corps, etc.) I am not only unwilling but unable to involve myself in any long-term, stable committed relationship (I realize it means different things for different people but for me personally that equals marriage) and I can't see myself settling for anything less when it comes to participating in an intimate relationship.

Did that make sense? :D yeah probably tmi, but just so you know there are perhaps better reasons than the two brought up... ;)

diamond said:
I attempt to keep such personal issues to myself.

DB9:lol:

BWAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Even Whiskers laughed at that one! HOO HAH!!!!

L
A
T
E
B
C

Count me in with the non-virgin crowd.

I'm a bit surprised to see the number of virgins outnumbering the number of non-virgins. Not that there is anything wrong with that, of course. :)

*wonders why nobody selected 'depends on who's asking* *thinks back* *wanted to take that answer, but decided for the truth* *:yes:*

sulawesigirl4 said:

Without going into great detail, I would say that my personal reasons for foregoing sex at the moment have more to do with a healthy respect for the emotional depth that results from physical intimacy and a desire not to cause myself more pain and conflict than is necessary. Simply put, relationships and break-ups are hellish enough (at least in my experience) and I see no reason to subject myself to the possibility of even greater emotional pain in the event of a relationship falling apart. I know that at this juncture in my life (completing my degree, joining the Peace Corps, etc.) I am not only unwilling but unable to involve myself in any long-term, stable committed relationship (I realize it means different things for different people but for me personally that equals marriage) and I can't see myself settling for anything less when it comes to participating in an intimate relationship.

Sula you answered for me... everything except the peace corps thing of course :p

Diemen said:
Count me in with the non-virgin crowd.

I'm a bit surprised to see the number of virgins outnumbering the number of non-virgins. Not that there is anything wrong with that, of course. :)

Yada Yada Yada...

I'm a virgin, only because Wanderer won't put out.

But I did have a waitress ask to grab my ass today, so naturally I said yes, and naturally she grabbed my ass. Does that count Wanderer?

I'm still saving myself for Larry or Adam

Now this is a MAN!!!!

18.jpg

If I have to be honest......no I'm not a virgin, but no one has to tell Larry that *shuuuush*

I want to get some but can't find the right person, the opposite gender looks at me differently because of my condition. that doesn't mean i'm a virgin. damn, this world sucks!

Nope. Crossed that bridge about 2 1/2 years ago, but have yet to regret one of my experiences... especially with someone we all know. Things didn't work out romantically, but DAMN it'd be nice to get another piece of that.

Ditto!

Peaseblossom said:
but have yet to regret one of my experiences... especially with someone we all know. Things didn't work out romantically, but DAMN it'd be nice to get another piece of that.

It's nice to know I can be honest and say I've never had less-than-incredible sex :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom