Any on-line love stories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

girlhappy

War Child
I think i "ll be short on this one. :) Basically, sory goes like this: iI had numer of on-line dates and when i see them eventually I am ALWAYS disappointed. Most of all didnt impress me and it was just blank-like experience. Last guy i met through the net was real jurk. (and he seemed to be really nice at the beginning) .Luckiliy, i didnt want nothing more than to be friends with him, so i got over it easily :wink:
Now i met this guy (not in person though:)) and he is telling me that he got lots of CDs of my favourite groups like Suede for me
and he touched me with that gesture. The thing is: I dont have faith and strength for meeting this guy in person. He wants me to call him, i just cant. I dont know. I have been disappointed so many times on-line and off-line so i guess that would be it. I know, you may advice me "have a try" or something like that but I feel like there is no 1 gram of enthusiasm left in me. I just wanted to ask ...does anybody possibly feel this way and how about your on-line experiences with girls/boys?:help: :ohmy:

ah ah ah!! Sorry, I can't help joking.
That's my main flaw, I know...
Ok now let's try make a serious post:
well I read somewhere an interesting quote from Paulo Coelho (is he known in the us?)
"expectation kills love"
I mean, maybe the right way to approach this guy is to see him
as a friend and nothing more at the beginning...then if it's the right one things will fly....
but still, don't expect too much, and you won't be disappointed...
:hug:
don't be afraid of being happy!

ciao,
Tom

Met my parner online.

Will be handfasted in June if things are ok financially. If not, whenever we can.

Wedding ring arrived Friday from NY (my fingers are size 11, and the ring was paid for before I got into financial trouble by having to move).

One of my good friends has met her latest boyfriend online and is so far very happy. I think it's been 3 months they've been together. :)

girlhappy said:
I think i "ll be short on this one. :) Basically, sory goes like this: iI had numer of on-line dates and when i see them eventually I am ALWAYS disappointed. Most of all didnt impress me and it was just blank-like experience. Last guy i met through the net was real jurk. (and he seemed to be really nice at the beginning) .Luckiliy, i didnt want nothing more than to be friends with him, so i got over it easily :wink:
Now i met this guy (not in person though:)) and he is telling me that he got lots of CDs of my favourite groups like Suede for me
and he touched me with that gesture. The thing is: I dont have faith and strength for meeting this guy in person. He wants me to call him, i just cant. I dont know. I have been disappointed so many times on-line and off-line so i guess that would be it. I know, you may advice me "have a try" or something like that but I feel like there is no 1 gram of enthusiasm left in me. I just wanted to ask ...does anybody possibly feel this way and how about your on-line experiences with girls/boys?:help: :ohmy:

Is this thread aboutyou being wary of meeting new people, or is it actually about online stuff.

Meeting someone from on line in real life is a strange thing, but I've never done it. I would advise against any sort of expectations of chemisty, or anything else.

I would also advise that you make no judgement on the person, especially positive, until you meet this person and get a chance to check them out.

but that is common sense, essentially

My brother's been married for 7 years now to a wonderful woman that he met online. Our family was a bit leery when he first told us who he was bringing home - we were worried she might be a nutjob or an axe murderer or worse, a registered Republican ( :wink: ) - but she's seriously been the best thing that's ever happened to him & we love her dearly now; couldn't imagine him without her.

The thing is, my brother got EXTREMELY lucky (and he knows it). Meeting people online for the purpose of starting a romantic relationship can be a huge waste of time - or even a threat to your safety! I wish you the best in your search. :up:

Re: Re: Any on-line love stories?

For Honor said:

Is this thread aboutyou being wary of meeting new people, or is it actually about online stuff.

It is aboout trying to find your match and trying ...:huh: And as for this guy who wants to meet me...i got feeling it is just another waste. But it is the only way to go out with someoen, actually.
Modern love:wink:

thanks to someone on this board who wouldnt take no for an answer, got me to post in one of those dating sites. Against my better judgement and to get her off my back :)lol: you know what I mean Jess), I logged into the site, and presto right away, I got my first smile as they say and the rest is history. After months of only speaking through online letters, never exchanging pictures, we got along famously, and after we met outside the box, well lets just say it worked out as well as can be expected, we got married, imagine that. So after about 2 years of being together(over year of being married) Id have to say I was wrong about the whole thing.

It can work, and it can work out really well. I think the trick is to not have any expectations going into it, with the exception of maybe enjoying a good conversation and maybe making a new friend, the rest would be a bonus. What can I say, worked for me.

I dont know if I agree with the 2 year rule - I know in most cases these things more than likely never work out longterm, but there are a few where it does work. I wouldnt dicount every relationship as if doomed to failure as everyone is different, I definitely would not disuade anyone from potentially finding something good.

Last edited:
Expectations can alter any relationship or friendship. I've met a lot of people online male AND female....some freaks, some romance and some very very good friends have resulted. I don't see anything wrong with meeting someone in person you've met online-just keep the expectations in check and go with your gut feelings as well.

I know several people that have had relationships with people online, both success stories and not so successful stories.

The way I look at it is, you have just as much chance of meeting someone crazy/strange etc in a bar or in public as you do online right? Just be careful - like you would with anyone you've just met.

I met my partner (Naya) at this very site a couple of years ago. We are now happily married and living in Australia :)

Neither of us came on here to hook up but hey...it just happened!!

I wasn´t looking for a guy, but I met this guy on ICQ and after talking for 4 years, our relationship moved from "friends" to "more than friends".We have been together for 4 years now . I moved to Ireland to be with him ( he´s Irish) and he even bought an appartment in Argentina. I have been incredibly lucky. He is such a saint ( and that´s a lot to say about someone who has to put up with me! lol).

Niamh_Saoirse said:
He is such a saint ( and that´s a lot to say about someone who has to put up with me! lol).

i can second that :lol:

just teasing ya :hug:
you're very lucky flav and he' a great guy as well from what i can tell, you guys are both very lucky to have found each other :cute:

I feel the same as Carek and She Is Raging.
I have also met a lot of people from on-line. Some I have really liked in real life, and some I have not.

It is wise to be cautious.

Would you rather it be like the 'old days'?

I'm not being funny.

And if so, how? or... what would you prefer, girlhappy? (and others, I guess)

Back
Top Bottom