Any on-line love stories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know what, CAN IT.

SO many people have tried to help you and it has proven to be ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS. So leave this forum and stop posting in these threads if you dont have anything of value to add to them other than your constant whining that you're ugly. Guess what WE DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT ANYORE. OR, I can just remove you from this forum permanently because you have proven that you have nothing at all of value to add to any of these threads. Ever.

For Honor said:
Would you rather it be like the 'old days'?

I'm not being funny.

And if so, how? or... what would you prefer, girlhappy? (and others, I guess)

Yea, like - boy meets girl. oh i maybe sound so outdated, but i am shy actually so i think it is the best if i stumble into self - confident man.:laugh:
But that doesnt mean i dont have to do my bit.

Sicy said:
You know what, CAN IT.

SO many people have tried to help you and it has proven to be ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS. So leave this forum and stop posting in these threads if you dont have anything of value to add to them other than your constant whining that you're ugly. Guess what WE DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT ANYORE. OR, I can just remove you from this forum permanently because you have proven that you have nothing at all of value to add to any of these threads. Ever.

:hyper: :applaud:

girlhappy said:

Yea, like - boy meets girl. oh i maybe sound so outdated, but i am shy actually so i think it is the best if i stumble into self - confident man.:laugh:
But that doesnt mean i dont have to do my bit.

I meant old days as in ... when women didn't really have much say at all in what happened, they just had to take it. The OLD old days...

Self confident men are not always socially inclined. But I suppose you have a right to feel that way, that a man should be more aggressive. It is the traditional thing.

good luck with your ...... being hunted, I guess.

For Honor said:

I meant old days as in ... when women didn't really have much say at all in what happened, they just had to take it. The OLD old days...

Self confident men are not always socially inclined. But I suppose you have a right to feel that way, that a man should be more aggressive. It is the traditional thing.

Just because a girl prefers that guys make the first move doesn't mean it's stalking/hunting/predatory. Many guys prefer that girls make the first move; I wouldn't consider that weak or a lack of confidence/self.

I've always let guys move first. I've never been that interested in guys, so when guys like me, they have to try hard to break that first bubble and prove they're good for a relationship. It's not that I'm too picky or judgmental, I just honestly wasn't interesting in staking out guys. My first boyfriend (well, I was 13) asked me out and we lasted 8 months. Phil and I started out as friend and then just kind of kept going...for three years and counting. I started college with no interest in hooking up whatsoever. Looking back, it's hard for me to define the precise moment we became boyfriend/girlfriend and who actually made the first move.

Sometimes you gotta just let go and take things as they come. You can't say "I want to make the first move" or "he should pursue me" b/c you never know how you're going to end up meeting and who that person will be. Trust me, I was NOT interested in relationships and somehow as a dorky little freshman ended up with the nice guy everyone's friends with who's three years older than me and now we're engaged :huh: You.just.never.know

O.Kay.

I suppose I should clarify........ that my

"goood luck with you're... being hunted, I guess"

comment was derived from the saying "Happy hunting". But I came up with that mid sentence, so that's why it seems somewhat lopsided

no big deal, though

For Honor said:

I must admit i dont know what is your point and what "old days" are. I have inivited guy 3 times in past 2 weeks, so i wouldnt say i just want to be hunted. :reject: And this is what i got. So., i am sorry because i am not too enthusiastic about making first move.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
*waits for the married couples that met through this site to post their stories*

really, there are couples that have actually met through this site? :hmm:

Okay I'm a 17 yr old female seeking male age 16-20...:wink:

AtomicBono said:

really, there are couples that have actually met through this site? :hmm:

Okay I'm a 17 yr old female seeking male age 16-20...:wink:

Yes. Quite a few, in fact.

I met Paul two years ago on this site, and we are now happily married. I think the difference with meeting on here is there is not an expectation that there will be dating, it's just a bunch of people meeting friends with whom they have something in common, and if something develops, great! If not, well it isn't a dating site, so that's fine too.

And yes, Lucky Charms owes me big time!! :wink: :D

For Honor said:

There's something to be said for sentence structure. I don't mean to quibble, but you're incredibly difficult to follow. :|

anitram said:

There's something to be said for sentence structure. I don't mean to quibble, but you're incredibly difficult to follow. :|

agreed, there's some some really random use of sentence breaks and ellipses. makes it tough to follow sometimes

sorry, don't mean to pick

Last edited:
What would be the best way for me to respond to these last two posts? I'm asking everyone who reads this thread their opinion, to see what you all think I should do or say.

I went out with a guy once that I met online - we talked online quite a bit, then on the phone several times and finally a date - halfway through the meal, I realized everything about him was a lie :huh:

MsGiggles said:
I went out with a guy once that I met online - we talked online quite a bit, then on the phone several times and finally a date - halfway through the meal, I realized everything about him was a lie :huh:

:tsk: that sucks!

I have dated several of guys that I have met from dating sites. Some of the dates were enjoyable, others were not.

sadly i have heard more bad stories than good re: online dating. which makes me wonder why it's so popular. :huh:

Mrs. Edge said:
I met Paul two years ago on this site, and we are now happily married. I think the difference with meeting on here is there is not an expectation that there will be dating, it's just a bunch of people meeting friends with whom they have something in common, and if something develops, great! If not, well it isn't a dating site, so that's fine too.
:up:

My friend's sister met her husband on AOL nearly a decade ago; they've been happily married since August '97 and they have three adorable kids.

It's not the most traditional way to meet someone, but there are success stories out there.

U2Man said:
That rules Zootlesque out.

:giggle: well, it also rules Bono out, but I can't say I'd turn him down... :wink:

I think it's cool that people have met through this site. I'd love to date a U2 fan, but there aren't any around here really, not my age anyway.

The internet lets you meet people you wouldn't normally meet in real life...this is both good and bad.

AtomicBono said:

The internet lets you meet people you wouldn't normally meet in real life...this is both good and bad.

I dont know.... I agree, but there is some kind of resistance in me towards on-line dates. I didnt go out with this guy yet!!!!!:reject:
And he madea lots of CDs for mew..like....Suede,Oasis, New Order, Bjork:drool: I must get these CDs!:hyper:
Am i terrible person:)?:hmm: :uhoh:

Oh,i im tired,it is still early in the morning so, here is the story, morning glory:) That s why my spelling isnt too good...and i have too much of smilies, here is another one:wink:

Back
Top Bottom