Another Speech

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
This time it's a narrative. Fictional or Real life. My story is a mix of both. The person telling the story is the Clothes my family and I give to the poor in Pinula, Guatemala.

Clothes Story.

Hello I am Green T. You see me and the rest of my family help cover the bodies of

people everyday. I currently live in Guatemala in a town called Pinula. I arrived here many

years ago with hundreds of relatives, on a mission. Our mission, which we chose to accept

was to help the poor people of this town, the hard working farmers and children have new

clothing. Yes we are used clothing in the United States but to the people of this town were

Armani to them.

You must be wondering how we arrived here. Well I will tell you. The person

Narrating this story and his family would gather up cloths that they no longer used. Cloths

from friends and family. Some times even strangers. Well they would take all the cloths

they gathered and would bring it with them all the way down to Guatemala, and then take a

car or bus to the town where Justin's Grandma lived.

Here is a little information on the town. The town got it's first telephone line in the

mid 90's the roads are still cobbled stone roads. People still ride horses more than cars

and have a farmers market every Sunday after church. If some one passes half the town

shows up for respect of the person. Things are changing quick though.

Justin's grandma owned a Tienda (Store for you English only speakers). When the

store opened the bags upon bags of clothes would be brought into the store and when

customers came in Justin or his mom would ask if they would like to have new cloths for

there child, there husband or themselves. The people would look through the cloths to see

what they liked and tried them on. They never charged the people and gave us away freely,

and we don't mind, we love people.

Once we ran out, Justin and his family would go home after they finished there

vacation and do the same thing next year. Collect clothes to help the needy.

Back
Top Bottom