another one gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfeden

Refugee
calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decembe
In the photo album link in my .sig some of you have seen a gray and white kitty snuggled up with Mali, who passed away earlier this year..
about a month and a half ago she was diagnosed with lymphoma.
tonight she crossed over, again in my arms, quickly and peacefully while my vet administered his gentle mercy. Her lungs had filled with fluid and her eyes were pleading with me to release her.
She had missed Mali dreadfully..... tonight I hope they have a quiet napping spot together again..

She was the first cat I adopted "on my own"... into my first apartment that I'd moved into back in 1994. She'd been estimated at 1.5-2 years old and had a tiny kitten who came home with her.... He is a hulking 15 lb (neutered)tomcat now and he's never been without her.

I hope to whoever's out there that I gave her a good life, better than the one that led her to being dropped at a dingy shelter in Western Massachusetts with her kitten and a raging case of fleas, worms and ear mites. She ruled the house with a velvet paw sheathing iron claws, and at her top weight of some 12 pounds could still boss around 125-lb Mali.

I still can't believe she's gone, so soon after losing Mal.

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. She was very lucky to have someone who cared for her as much as you did. I looked though the photos and saw very happy, very much loved animals -- I could see the "I'm such a lucky cat" look all over her face in those shots. You've been (and continue to be) the pet owner all animals should be lucky enough to have.

Take comfort in the fact that you really did give her a wonderful and happy life. And you made sure that she suffer needlessly. That's the best anyone can do.

So sorry about this - I've lost so many cats and always say I won't do it again, but I usually can't resist taking care of another and knowing that I made its life better. Good karma for you - take care.

indra said:
And you made sure that she suffer needlessly. That's the best anyone can do.

ummm...clearly the above quote should read:

"And you made sure that she didn't suffer needlessly."

I need to learn to read my replies before posting. :huh:

Very sorry to hear this; I know how important they were to you! They were very lucky pets indeed.

Thinking of you :hug: :hug:

I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. My heart goes out to you. :sad:
I know that was a very difficult decision to make, I've been there. You gave your kitty a great life full of love and lots of petting. :hug:

I'm so sorry Wolfeden. I was looking through a thread in here the other day and noticed your little tribute to Mali in your sig, and I got all choked up. It just reminded me of when we lost our golden retriever a few years back. I loved her so very much.
Both Mali and your Kitty were clearly very loved, and you sound like the most wonderful owner that a pet could ever hope for. I'm so sorry for your losses of pets who you obviously loved so much :hug:

Last edited:
I dont know you well wolfeden, but I do know 2 things about you - one that you are in emergency medicine, and two that you are an animal lover. Your animals have been the one thing that stuck with me about you.
I hope the sadness eases soon mate. It will in time, to be simply happy memories. We all go through this. It never gets any easier with each one and the pain lingers way too long. But it's a testament to what they meant to us and the limitless joy they gave.

I had my dog Angus put to sleep on Sunday morning after a 5 day fight to keep him alive. I'm going through it too now. May the good memories soon overtake your hurt.
:hug:

I'm so sorry for your losses, Wolfeden and Angela Harlem...

I had to put my 18 year old kitty to sleep after she developed an inoperable tumor in her mouth a few months ago. It's a devastating thing to go through...but I know that I did the right thing in ending her suffering. I hope that you guys could take comfort in knowing that you did the right thing as well...

You'll both be in my thoughts and prayers....

dreamingoutloud1 said:
I'm so sorry for your losses, Wolfeden and Angela Harlem...

I had to put my 18 year old kitty to sleep after she developed an inoperable tumor in her mouth a few months ago. It's a devastating thing to go through...but I know that I did the right thing in ending her suffering. I hope that you guys could take comfort in knowing that you did the right thing as well...

You'll both be in my thoughts and prayers....

:hug: thank you.
People always say something about an old pet going, and it's true. I had an 18 year old cat put to sleep last year. He was with me for much of what I can remember of my life, even though I'm 28, I dont really remember not having him. They give us a whole lot, these pets.
:hug: I'm sorry to hear about your kitty mate.

Back
Top Bottom