Another confession - this time about AB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallingStar

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Just about two hours ago I found out what that picture on the middle pages of the AB booklet means - the one in black and white on which Bono and Larry stand at the sides of cars. It symbolizes the partition of Germany!

Larry leans on a car with a DDR number plate whereas Bono wants to get into a real German car! It's that :mad: easy, but after staring ten minutes at the photo I finally got it! The fold in the middle of both (the fold of the booklet) stands for the Wall or something equal. They could have easily parked their cars next to eachother, but the cars are on different sides...... :( .....like people being able to reach out, but don't want to.......

I saw the photo all the time as one of Anton Corbijn's photos, but there is a deeper meaning hidden......Phew, I feel so much better now! :D

Hmm I didnt know I was supposed to agree or disagree.

I thought you were posting a fact.

:scratch:

ok I'll share my knowledge with you all

The dinky car is a tradant an east german car that is chaep mostly fiberglass.

The other one is a west german mercedes.

It illustrates the economic and social divide of east and west germany at the time.

Capitalist society...the mercedes

Communists....the cheap trabant

hmm...thanks arun and falling star...here's a confession for you all...i still haven't looked at the booklet...:eek: :slant: :) :D

And who wears sunglasses playing football on a foggy beach?
Leave it to Bono and Larry to pull a stunt like that.

They will learn..and become the Arun's and diamonds in their own right

diamond said:
Arun-
what are we gonna do w these
these
N
E
W
B
I
E
S