And these are the things we love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if i smoked winnie blues the picture would be complete.

Please tell me your favourite beers again, if you can name at least six varieties of wine ("fruity lexia", "fruity gordo" and "goon" don't count) and how often you consume pre-mixed rum/bourbon/vodka drinks. Thanks for your time, dear citizen of Werribee.

Please tell me your favourite beers again, if you can name at least six varieties of wine ("fruity lexia", "fruity gordo" and "goon" don't count) and how often you consume pre-mixed rum/bourbon/vodka drinks. Thanks for your time, dear citizen of Werribee.

wine in a box also doesn't count. ie, no coolabah or that other one.

pre mixed shouldn't be considered so bad, i reckon. they're awfully bloody handy when you're utterly tuckered, the esky is parked next to your fold up chair, and you don't have to budge arse until you break the seal. bogan, yes, but if you're with the right friends then you won't care how it looks!

wine in a box also doesn't count. ie, no coolabah or that other one.

pre mixed shouldn't be considered so bad, i reckon. they're awfully bloody handy when you're utterly tuckered, the esky is parked next to your fold up chair, and you don't have to budge arse until you break the seal. bogan, yes, but if you're with the right friends then you won't care how it looks!

Premixed drinks are the reason my uncle has diabetes, so they can get fucked.

Do you mean Berri? Old standard for our family. First two times I got goondrunk were on Berri casks. :cute:

to dear, uhhh fuckin' el residente of adelaide.

i like me veebs, me drafftys, n thats it. you got two kindsa wine, red n white, so dont get smart wit me.

bourbons fuckin alrite, innit.

Premixed drinks are the reason my uncle has diabetes, so they can get fucked.

Do you mean Berri? Old standard for our family. First two times I got goondrunk were on Berri casks. :cute:

Foods and drinks don't cause either type of diabetes.

Maybe it is the Berri casks I'm thinking of.

Foods and drinks don't cause either type of diabetes.

Crap, does this mean I'm going to get it?!

Well, at least you've encouraged me to learn a bit more about it - I wasn't aware it was well known in antiquity, f'instance. All I know is that all UDLs probably don't help a lot.

I've no clue what language they're speaking right now.

We're speaking bogan, duh.

Spending Thanksgiving Day with my sister, brother, and their extended families in an old farm house out in the country down state in Indiana. Old-fashioned day, with turkey, ham, pumpkin pie, and lots of good food, good talk, good movies--good time! :love:

and just as we're talking as them, i had to get the bus home from the werribee plaza today.

and there was a very bogan looking woman whinging to some bloke about her partner, casually knocking back a VB longneck.

Crap, does this mean I'm going to get it?!

Well, at least you've encouraged me to learn a bit more about it - I wasn't aware it was well known in antiquity, f'instance. All I know is that all UDLs probably don't help a lot.

We're speaking bogan, duh.

Dude, I gotta apologise if I sounded really bitchy. If it were someone else on here, I'd have ripped them a new one without batting an eye. It's a real sore spot from years of ignoramus shitheads telling me that I must have eatent oo many lollies when I was a kid. It's like, will you just FUCK OFF? Now? Also when people comment on another diabetic's control. "My cousin's neighbour has AWFUl control. She's going to die soon, probably next month." I feel like wringing necks. Have they taken a look at their meter? Chatted to the endo? Or, wait for it, taken an offhand comment as gospel? I say that my control is not idea sometimes but the specifics of what makes control good or bad is too detailed to ever cover in a conversation with someone you don't want to kill from boredom.... See, I'm ranting... :uhoh:

I take it your uncle has type 2? That's more a lifestyle and heredity type than 1, but diet alone doesn't cause diabetes. Bad health causes a lot of organs to eventually fail. The pancreas is just one more, like the heart or liver. Heredity is a strong link though. If type 2 is rife in your family, then you'll be wise to be wary when youth leaves you. Type 1 is not caused by either diet or lifestyle. It's mainly just tough fucking luck. It's certainly linked to genes, but some people just get unlucky and have bodgey immune systems.

On the UDLs though, you gotta admit the bogan lifestyle has a few pluses... And it's also not one of those shitty girl drinks, like the breezers and so on. I'd rather be seen with a tinny than a stupid pomegranate flavoured toilet water and vodka pre-mix, with a gaggle of sluttily dressed 30 something friends who think they're better than the sluttily dressed 40 something cougars prancing around a club with music that is too awful to be played at such volumes.

Um... things I love... Yeah, last night, we bbq'd barramundi. Fucking heaven, guys. Seasoned with lemon thyme, lemon juice, virgin oil, cracked pepper, served with herb and buttered bbq'd whole spuds, beans and peas.
:drool:

Dude, I gotta apologise if I sounded really bitchy. If it were someone else on here, I'd have ripped them a new one without batting an eye. It's a real sore spot from years of ignoramus shitheads telling me that I must have eatent oo many lollies when I was a kid. It's like, will you just FUCK OFF? Now? Also when people comment on another diabetic's control. "My cousin's neighbour has AWFUl control. She's going to die soon, probably next month." I feel like wringing necks. Have they taken a look at their meter? Chatted to the endo? Or, wait for it, taken an offhand comment as gospel? I say that my control is not idea sometimes but the specifics of what makes control good or bad is too detailed to ever cover in a conversation with someone you don't want to kill from boredom.... See, I'm ranting... :uhoh:

I take it your uncle has type 2? That's more a lifestyle and heredity type than 1, but diet alone doesn't cause diabetes. Bad health causes a lot of organs to eventually fail. The pancreas is just one more, like the heart or liver. Heredity is a strong link though. If type 2 is rife in your family, then you'll be wise to be wary when youth leaves you. Type 1 is not caused by either diet or lifestyle. It's mainly just tough fucking luck. It's certainly linked to genes, but some people just get unlucky and have bodgey immune systems.

On the UDLs though, you gotta admit the bogan lifestyle has a few pluses... And it's also not one of those shitty girl drinks, like the breezers and so on. I'd rather be seen with a tinny than a stupid pomegranate flavoured toilet water and vodka pre-mix, with a gaggle of sluttily dressed 30 something friends who think they're better than the sluttily dressed 40 something cougars prancing around a club with music that is too awful to be played at such volumes.

Um... things I love... Yeah, last night, we bbq'd barramundi. Fucking heaven, guys. Seasoned with lemon thyme, lemon juice, virgin oil, cracked pepper, served with herb and buttered bbq'd whole spuds, beans and peas.
:drool:

:lol: No, don't worry about it. I actually couldn't recall that you had it, I understand if you thought you came off a bit antsy or whatever, I'd be pretty pissed off with something like that, too.

Yeah, my uncle has type 2, and I was only referring to type 2 in that instance. I'm just concerned because he's the only member of the family that has diabetes in either form. My unc's never really been the healthiest guy in the world to begin with, so there might have been a few possibilities. I really don't know much about it, I'm afraid. Thanks for not ripping me a new one, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom