an assortment of thoughts + "a new hope..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0164edita.jpg

around 8 am

I'm not really upset, but just a little surprised - the last few days I've actually had the windows open for a while, because it's been so nice out. It's midway through november, and I usually expect to have everything locked up and closed by now. But, :shrug:, I'm not going to complain.

It is a nice sunny day today.

I'm not really a morning person, but it is so nice to wake up with the sun, and see it go through the day. I guess if you spend enough days without seeing the sun, you begin to appreciate it a lot more.

How are you doing lately, Lady? :wink:

I'm a sort of "working in progress"...

Sunday I went to a meeting with all the groups and structures of Amnesty in my region... and I proposed and was elected as the vice of the woman who deals with the money and so on..

I think I can be quite satisfied of this, even if there are somethings I'll try to rearrange... I suppose I have made a little mistake not asking the opinion of the treasurer (not sure this is the correct word, sorry :( ...).
I hope I haven't created any tensions...

As for the rest... I'm becoming an addicted to my new mini iPod... I've got it always with me & I put VERY good music in it!!!
The "random" function is just great! I like to be surprised of how a casual choice of songs can be so ... well, it sounds sooo good! Especially when it mixes classical, jazz & U2 music!

what are you surprised for?

I don't know if this pic is an add for something or what, but I do like it!!

Attachments

• try%20to%20be.jpg
    try%20to%20be.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 14
And finally... more leaves from my place:

Attachments

• via curie.jpg
    via curie.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 12
Nice photos :up: It looks rather picturesque there

I can relate to the orange on - TRY to be. I'm at a new stage in my life where I am really trying to figure out something to be. I'm looking through my values and stuff, my wants and needs, and I'm realizing I do not have many. I mean, ideally, there are certain levels, standards of living I might want to maintain, but wealth in general, like, lots of money, isn't that important. Yet at the same time, for all practical purposes, I do not neccesarily want to lose drive or ambition towards having a good career. Especially if I do chase down the one thing that I may actually "want".

Yet still...... the one thing that I may "want", I don't want it to become a weakness for me. Lady Luck, I could almost see myself going away to become a monk somewhere. And you know, I would, if there was something I believed in enough for me to do that for. But it doesn't seem to work that way for me.

Eh....... maybe I'll continue this..... this................ self-discussion in a bit.....

I need to feed my cat

Religion (or else) is not the place to hide yourself.
But to give yourself, to show your soul.
So I don't think it would be a great solution to try and get shelter there...

You know, when I think about the situation you're in -- even if I just know some parts of it! -- I always hear a song in my head:

If I can't have you
I don't want nobody, baby

the singer is called Yvonne -- can't remmember her surname :)

Attachments

• try_your_frame.jpg
    try_your_frame.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 12
I'm not seeking shelter

quite the opposite.....

==============================

TRY your frame?
:hmm:

Lady Luck, about "my situation": I just have termendous loyalty issues :shrug: it's not really that big of a deal. It's ... complicated. ANd really, I have no reason to whine, because it is actually true, in that if I can't have this one thing, then there really isn't anything else I want right now, nor can I possibly have it.

======

I see you have a new avatar...........

Milan, 7.40 -- Going to work under a fantastic sky.

Attachments

• immag014.jpg
    immag014.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 5
Still haven't understood what the various "Try" are for -- I suppose they're adds, but I don't know what for!!

to be loyal -- I know, it has good & bad sides...
it's a thing that is always appreciated, but just a few people know the meaning of it and how to behave to be "loyal"

I wonder why a lot of people tend to think the worst possible of others and can't accept the idea of someone acting in bona fides, without hidden reasons...

^ I know why...... I've seen it a thousand times. I mean, isn't even like the trademark of the devil; to approach as a friend, earn trust, and then betray.

It's a powerful tactic to use. A horrible one, but one that has been used in the past non the less........

====

I'm interested in knowing what other people think about loyalty. My own views of it are slightly modified, but then again I don't really know what that means - "slightly modified". But I am always interested in knowing what other people think about it.

==

That is a very nice picture of the sky.
It hasn't been sunny out for a day or so, so I've no nice pictures to show, for now........ hopefully we'll get some snow soon, but..... I sorta doubt it :( I love snow, almost too much, I think :hyper:

GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I wrote a very good,long explanation ab out my sig and then somehow I "reset the form"......

WARNING - pressing SHIFT + ESC automaticall resets the post.

:mad:

I hate it when that happens.....
Because I know I'll try to remember what I said, but there's no way...... :mad:

oh well.
maybe I'll try again in a little bit......

Alright, I'll try to do a decent job.........

First, the words.
They are a rare quote I picked up on my "journey". It's another one of those things that I have a tremendous amount of "connections" to. Sentimental, and otherwise.

It has to do with loyalty, and my ideals, and truth. In a way, truth is an ideal..... I think I was hinting at that or something in FH's thread II, I don't know. More about that aspect of it at some other time.

As for the image, basically, I inverted some of the colors, and I like it. It was a beautiful lanscape that I found wandering the web. The colors add a sort of dramatic effect, kind of like something wrong happened. You can't really tell what season it is, and it looks like a very mysterious atmosphere. Which I think is important.

ugh, I'm sort of tired. I'll will try to be more in depth later - honestly, I could write at least 1000 words for that picture...

ANd as for the "current atmosphere" - I don't know, I just always wanted to do that, because sometimes a song will be in my head throughout the day, or I'll really feel connected to a certain song at the moment. Or sometimes I'll just keep wanting to sing a song, so, I guess I am compelled to express that. It gives me something to adjust, and fuss about, which is actually a calming thing for me, so, that's why I've done it.

As far as 60 seconds in kingdom come..... if you combine that with the picture, it puts a whole new spin on it, which is kind of cool....

I won't even get into that right now :D

=

I see you have a new avatar, m'lady.
Or did you already tell me about this one?
I don't think you did...

Yes, my new avatar... It's the logo of Amnesty... I suppose you know that organization

As I told ya, I am a meber of the Italian Section. I've been an activist for 2 years and a half and last Saturday, as I've already written, I was "elected" vice-responsible for the administration of money.

=======

The more I go, the more I find I am a "night person". I could be up for hours and hours -- until the middle of the night.
But I hate to wake up early...
I love the colours that the first light gives to thiings and I love to see the sun shining and feeling it in my face... but waking up at 6.30 is becoming harder & harder...

500° post.
So I suppose this thread will be closed and I want to be the last one to write.

I've had a very nice conversation here -- good points, good remarks, advice, information, going deeply into feelings, emotions and a possibility to talk to someone about what's going on in life and in the world.

Up to you, FH, to decide if you want a part II.

Cheers

lady luck

The End

Well... I didn't imagine that when I started this thread it would turn into this, or last this long. Makes me smile, a bit.

Quite frankly, I don't see a reason to stop, unless the mods, or other people think that it should be. I'm open to suggestions and comments. There's no hesitation for me to start a new thread, though I don't know what specifically it would become. I wonder, if it should be moved to the Lemonade Stand, and be more a general discussion kind of thing?

Or maybe it should stay here in ZC, and be more a "serious" discussion. I mean, I don't really know how everyone feels, as it has been lady luck and I posting for the majority of it all.

I guess I'll just cite Newton's law (2nd one, I think), and say that objects in motion will stay in motion. Though I don't have any complaints if an outside force acts. So, farewell to this thread.

Version II will be made immediately after I hit "submit reply"

It's been fun, and thanks to everyone who's viewed, posted, or anything, and to the interference staff who keep this site running smooth. It is appreciated greatly.

:wave:

"Until next time"
~ Jesse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom