An Angel in the Devils Shoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
Salvation in the blues,
You never looked like an Angel
frown.gif

I must confess that last fall I was set up to meet my friends girlfriends' friend, her name was Angel.

We talked on the phone quite a bit, and she came over to my house one night and we finally met. She was very sweet, pretty and I think 18. I had no problem with her being 18, until her taste in music came out.

I had this little suprise planned for her, so when we got back to my house I snuck in the ZooTv Sydney video on my tv and told her I wanted to play her a song. And when I turned on 'angel of harlem' for her, she was like "who are those old guys". Then without even letting the song play so she could at least get into it, she started out with "oh since you have music videos do you have n*suck (she actually called them n*sync)?" "Justin is soooooo hot"... you get the idea.

Now I am completely in shock
eek.gif
U2 is usually my-um-"closer"-nevermind, it uh usually "impresses" the ladies. But I think this poor girl was dropped on her head as a baby and obviously retarded.

I didn't throw her out immediately, I tried to see where things would go if I humoured her by turning on MTV
mad.gif
, and got to watch the n*suck videos next to rap and J-lo's big arse (sorry Dimond) and fake little Brittany.
mad.gif

I threw her out the first thing next day when we woke up;

"GET OUUUUUT"!!!

That was a z-musclefailureloveconfessionedge
cool.gif

Looks like you asked out the wrong Angel.
biggrin.gif
lol!

------------------
I disappeared in you
You disappeared from me
I gave you everything you ever wanted,
It wasn't what you wanted

rolleyes.gif

Well, I don't know how much of this is true, and how much is LM speak
wink.gif
, but, um, that's what you get for going out with a GIRL and not a WOMAN.

Or was she 'not a girl, not yet a woman'?
biggrin.gif

Ha Ha Gm & Angel's (and HelloAngels)

Yes it is true, to the best of my recollection.

And NO, I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Brother Edge.
I love you.
This is literally the first thread that I
LAUGHED
OUT
LOUD.

Youre great.

Your Brother-
Diamond

ps-
u r a
closer.

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

Originally posted by z edge:
I had this little suprise planned for her, so when we got back to my house I snuck in the ZooTv Sydney video on my tv and told her I wanted to play her a song. And when I turned on 'angel of harlem' for her, she was like "who are those old guys". Then without even letting the song play so she could at least get into it, she started out with "oh since you have music videos do you have n*suck (she actually called them n*sync)?" "Justin is soooooo hot"... you get the idea.

Okay.. can someone explain to me why U2 are "just some old guys"? That drives me crazy. I am young (2nd youngest on the board as far as I know) and when I first started paying attention to MTV and the like, I hated everything I saw! I watched it for a few weeks and never saw anything good, so I stopped and then I turn it on one day and I see the Beautiful Day video -- and immediately I was just hooked. This was a GOOD video, a great song, and hey -- they have talent! LOL I just loved them right away. I honestly was changed after that. I never never NEVER thought they were old, not once, until I started going on U2 boards and seeing people say things like,"U2 are old and boring," etc. Never once occurred to me.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
I just loved them right away. I honestly was changed after that. I never never NEVER thought they were old, not once, until I started going on U2 boards and seeing people say things like,"U2 are old and boring," etc. Never once occurred to me.

You make us feel so proud
tongue.gif
Good for you!

------------------
Love is not... What you're thinking of...

Originally posted by Ana:
You make us feel so proud
tongue.gif
Good for you!

lol, thank you.
wink.gif

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

awww poor girl...she likes n sync..and she dated you?...that girl is on the fast track to nowhere

j/k...z edge...funny story

Originally posted by Arun V:
awww poor girl...she likes n sync..and she dated you?...that girl is on the fast track to nowhere

j/k...z edge...funny story

tongue.gif

pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom