Am I *gasp* OLD???????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisybean

Rock n' Roll Doggie, FOB
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eye
Okay, here's the story:

I was at the gas station getting gas and pickin up a pack of cigs and the lady cards me. Which I don't mind, being carded at 26 is not a bad thing. However, she looks at my ID and goes, "I didn't know you were that old."

I have been stressing over this for the past two weeks.....Am I old?

------------------
Daisy

and you become the monster
so the monster will not break you

Nah. 26 isn't old by any means. Unless you're a figure skater, in which case you're nearly ancient
wink.gif

Seriously though, 26 isn't old at all.

you're as old as I am
that's not good

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I know how you feel.

I'm 29 and I still get carded for cigarettes. When they see my birth date they almost have a heart attack.

When I worked at 7-11, I carded a lady for cigarettes, and she was 45!!!! I guess I suck at judging ages!
eek.gif

She said I made her day. *lol*
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 02-22-2002).]

I once asked a 34 yo for ID. I dont get asked anymore which is making me feel old.

And you are definately not old! 26 is....not old!
Definately not old, ok?
biggrin.gif

Well, I think she meant to say 'I thought you were younger, not the age you are'-guess that's too awkward.
biggrin.gif

Obviously 26 is not 'old'-age truly is just a number and a state of mind. Maturity, however, is a different matter entirely-but, I digress.
smile.gif

smile.gif
26 is not old.

I think what she meant is you look younger than you really are - that is a good thing for a woman, right?

Bah! I turn twenty six in exactly two weeks.

Unemployed, directionless... I'm still in my mid-20s crisis since I was 14.

I still get carded and I'm waaaaaaaaaaay older than you... and I get the "you're that old?" comment all the time. I just take it as a compliment... and 26 is definitely NOT old.

Getting older is no problem... it's the alternative that really sucks...

biggrin.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Some years ago my dad and I went out for some Italian food. We both ordered a glass of wine and the waitress looks at my father and asked him if I was old enough being 34 years old at the time. He told her of course she is, I'm her father. Her face got beet red and I don't think we left her a very big tip.
mad.gif

At the moment, I am doing a period of practical training at a kindergarten. Man, I'm 21 but you can't imagine how old I feel!
wink.gif

But seriously, sometimes I feel very, very old. It was bad when I finished my teen-ages. I am still shocked when I read the number "21" - and realize that this is my age!

------------------
Take the money and run

Back
Top Bottom