Allow me to explain my stupidity...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Allow me to amuse you all:

Last Friday, I had to get stitches on the inside of my upper lip (long story). The stitches aren't dissolved yet. Tomorrow I have a test. When I get anxious I chew gum (see where this is going?).

Thus, in a state of anxiety over my test, I began chewing gum, blew a bubble, which undoubtedly got caught on the yet-undissolved stitches, which was...well, not fun, to say the least (trying to avoid TMI syndrome here).

:|

:crack:

:banghead:

Do we have a stupidity smilie?

I have done much dumber things.

Try to eat liquid based foods that wont interfere with your stitches. Soup is a good place to start.

Good luck on your test - get some sleep

How long were the stitches in? If it hadn't been long, I'd rinse with Hydrogen Peroxide, the mouth isn't a great place for an open wound.

Hallloooo all...

The stitches have been in a week--I rinsed with salt water, but they hurt. The doctor said minimal smiling and talking this week....aggggh! Do you have any idea how hard that is??

:D The test is done...thanks for the good wishes (it's too early to say how I did and I don't want to jinx it)....tomorrow I have a job interview.

I won't chew gum. Promise.

gggarrrrhhh...

I didn't get the job. :(

It totally sucks to hear, "You were actually the most qualified for the job, but we can't take you on because of the time frame."

--See, the job is only 8 weeks, beginning in mid-April, and I have exams then, so I'd have to miss a bunch of days AND work during exams. The other gal didn't have any exams at all.

So while I'm happy not to be working during exams, I'm extremely depressed not to have ANY employment/research opportunities now. Especially since I'm oh-so-very-broke and my car now oh-so-very-broke again, giving it over $2000 in repairs this year (okay, so more than half of that was due to an accident, but still), my car isn't even WORTH $2000.

I just wanna go to Europe.

This reminds me of when I had my wisdom teeth taken out and there were strings hanging all over my mouth from the stitches. Not the most pleasant thing in the world.

I sympathize with your job search though, having just gone through it. What exactly are you looking for?

ani - well, ideally, psych research. Actually, ideally, developmental psych research (which is what this was). Although, quite frankly, I'd take absolutely any research now, any lab, any subject....I did neurobiology last year, which was interesting, but I just didn't feel like I knew enough about it to be sufficient.

I hate job searching.

Ah, okay. If you're at UofT - have you looked at CMHD at all? I know they have a memory and learning lab over at Mt. Sinai. I don't really know much about psych research, my specialty is more molecular genetics/cancer.

bayernfc said:
I'm in genetics too! Couldn't find anyone who were interested though! too late maybe?

What's your background? (Undergrad/grad)? I work at Sick Kids research.

Back
Top Bottom