All I want is you or Falling in Love?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropa man

Refugee
Hey ya'll, I don't think that this is the right place to post this so... I'll give it a try. I've been thinking of which song is better to use while you are gonna propose to that special someone, All I want is you or Falling in Love. Any suggestions? Live versions or studio? Need suggestions... thanks. :|

Well, here is a short version of what is going on. I'll try and be brief...

We were together for about four almost five yrs. I broke things up with her about 3 yrs. I came back to her. She taught that I would never do. Through it all, we maintained contact. I met someone else, she did too. The last couple of months we have been trying to work things out. But it has not been that easy. Now, I'm trying to make the final push.

We do have favorite songs but no love songs that I could think of. I was just thinking about this over the weekend and I'm planning on doing it this weekend coming up. I don't know why All I want is you the front runner with Falling in Love. What do ya think?

I would stick with Falling In Love. Even more so after reading the history of your relationship together. To me the song in this situation is saying that after everything I still can't help falling in love with you. I know a rather cliche thing to say :wink:

Yeah, I'm listening to it as I type and I want burst in tears. This is huge for me. She has no idea of what I have planned.

About a week ago she wanted me to give her some time. But I think that we have way too much history to let things go so easily. As much as I love All I want is you, I'll go with I can't help falling in love. Thanks BonosBaby12.

All I want is you has too much hidden angst which makes it so great but not necessarily proposition material. Sweetest thing is similar in that respect.

what about trip through your wires

mind you i know nothing about nothing so follow your heart mate.

infact i fucked up by never proposing but instead just booking the church and then telling my better half we were getting married. this was 6 months after we met and the date set was 6 months from then. married within a year of meeting and 7th anniversary this june!

i fucked up because the way its done means a lot and only happens to a person once. i get reminded of that quite a lot!

(I hope she likes U2........)

Falling in Love, out of what has been suggested so far.

Night and Day would be a little too extreme, though thinking of it made me chuckle :wink: (I just want to hear it again, that's all) :madspit:

It sounds like you don't want anything from HTDAAB, so I won't suggest anything, or imply judgement on those songs.

No, I haven't done it yet. It's just that a lot has happened since i last posted this thread. I don't feel like I didn't think things through, on the contreary I've thought about it a lot but... I think I'm gonna hold off on it. I don't think she is just quite ready. She had been for 4 yrs but we broke up for almost 3 that I don't know if i let a lot of time pass by. We have always maintained contact and what not. The thing is, its that its really complicated right now. She told me that she wanted to work things out but it's that old one step forward two steps back crap..... :(

Back
Top Bottom