All I Listen to now is U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't worry, these are perfectly normal symptoms of the obsessive compulsive U2 fan.. lol.... I've been an obsessive compulsive fan for hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, YEARS, AND LOOK AT ME, :S.... LOL.

This will end one day,

Have a nice day, Rono.

------------------
I can`t change the world but i can
change the world in me.

Read you, Rono.

Aye, speak for yourself Rono...
smile.gif

I admit, I have my periods where I listen to other things besides U2, but even during those times I still manage to squeeze in a track here or there. And even when the music isn't playing, I have posters on my walls.
smile.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

*April*

Originally posted by ericb:
I listen to their music all the time, I'm on this messageboard, there is always a U2 tape on in my car, I started to play guitar a few months ago and now I bought a U2 book for guitar, OH GOD!
you're one sick puppy
get some help

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 07-05-2001).]

Eric, you sound exactly like me. All I listen to is U2... especially since this tour I have not listened to anyone else at all.. oh shite, I bought the new Blink 182... ok but thats it!!

biggrin.gif

------------------
~On your knees boy~

Visit my website! Pics of Me... Pics of U2...
http://home.earthlink.net/~cvecchio8850

Eric, let me just say fandom is an experience as individual as each fan. Some people get into U2 for a couple of years and then move on. Others are fans & then get out of it for a while but may be pulled in by a new album (I think there are at least a couple around here who liked U2 in the 80's but didn't get into them again until ATYCLB). Though I have to say for most of us who are far enough into U2 to be hanging around on these boards, it's not something that ends. I've been a fan for 9 years, and no group has even come close to topping U2 in my estimation. There are times between albums when I don't listen to them as much (hey -- I've already got everything memorized) & I just keep up with U2 news rather than posting a lot. So it goes up & down to a certain extent. But I am always in touch with the U2 realm, and I always consider myself an obsessed U2 fan.

I envy you that you're just getting into U2. There's *so much* to discover! It's wonderful & not a little bit like falling in love, and I hope you enjoy it while it lasts!!!

------------------
you've got the right shoes to get you through the night

Go and Buy that Video now.....Its F'in amazing!! All the time you don't have it is wasted time, you hear it calling you, give in!

And October, you wait, Tommorow will be on and on and on and on

Originally posted by u2zed:
Eric, let me just say fandom is an experience as individual as each fan. Some people get into U2 for a couple of years and then move on. Others are fans & then get out of it for a while but may be pulled in by a new album (I think there are at least a couple around here who liked U2 in the 80's but didn't get into them again until ATYCLB). Though I have to say for most of us who are far enough into U2 to be hanging around on these boards, it's not something that ends. I've been a fan for 9 years, and no group has even come close to topping U2 in my estimation. There are times between albums when I don't listen to them as much (hey -- I've already got everything memorized) & I just keep up with U2 news rather than posting a lot. So it goes up & down to a certain extent. But I am always in touch with the U2 realm, and I always consider myself an obsessed U2 fan.

I envy you that you're just getting into U2. There's *so much* to discover! It's wonderful & not a little bit like falling in love, and I hope you enjoy it while it lasts!!!

Just wanted to say that all you just said sums up how my relation to U2 is. I got goosebumps (?) reading it. It?s ups and downs but not very deep downs and as someone said to me, there are times when you don?t listen to U2 at all and don?t really miss it but as soon as you put on a U2 cd after these times it feels like a sort of homecoming. You just find yourself again.... It?s in U2 I am safe and feel secure, simply "home".
It?s like travelling, it?s fun to travel, be away for a week, two weeks maybe a month but it?s always better to come home, in a way. For every time you go away you love home even more, but you need the awaytimes to discover what?s home. At least that?s how it is for me.

Ohhh... how philisofical....
smile.gif

Thanks for a lovely post!

Sara

And listening only to U2 is a problem how?
biggrin.gif
I must admit I listen to a different artist once a month or so.
biggrin.gif
But overall it's U2 24/7.

------------------
"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"I was in charge of this band for two days. Two days was all I lasted." -- Larry

"There's a lot of people that expect a lot of things from U2, and people will never get what they expect." -- Bono, 1982

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

I have also been completely immersed in U2 lately, there are times when I will mix in other bands I like, but right now there is ONLY U2! It seems kind of scary at times, it drives friends and family NUTS, everyone tells me, "you are gonna burn out on them", but I just don't see it happening. I have been a fan for so long, I just don't think it is possible.
Also, I am not turned on by much of the current music scene anyway, it is so diluted and pre-packaged, it does not appeal to me at all. So, it seems many of us are on the same boat regarding this matter.
**All Hail U2...Kings of Rock!!**

------------------

"Sometimes when I am playing, I get to a place where the bass seems to find its own rhythm, and then it becomes just a matter of which notes to push and which ones to hold back on. It's a discipline, really."-Adam

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
I have also been completely immersed in U2 lately, there are times when I will mix in other bands I like, but right now there is ONLY U2! It seems kind of scary at times, it drives friends and family NUTS, everyone tells me, "you are gonna burn out on them", but I just don't see it happening. I have been a fan for so long, I just don't think it is possible.
Also, I am not turned on by much of the current music scene anyway, it is so diluted and pre-packaged, it does not appeal to me at all. So, it seems many of us are on the same boat regarding this matter.
**All Hail U2...Kings of Rock!!**

Yay!! I'm not the only one who's driving everyone nutso!!! lol
biggrin.gif
I just listened to Zooropa and POP for the 5th and 6th time this week....whoa, boy....(but, I did have that rhythm turned up!!!)
wink.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

*April*

Hello, my name is Blueeyes (hello Blueeyes) and I am a U2 junkie.
Wow.
I am soo relieved.
I get up, put in a Cd while I get ready and then when I leave the house I walk to school listening to the guys on my walkman. If I had a tape player in "The Joshua Car" none of my friends would ride with me. With my driving skills it's hard enough to get them to do that as it is! Lol. I just find Bono's voice very comforting especially on ATYCLB and JT. For some reason it reminds me of my mother's voice. Freudians, have a feild day with that one!
Bluey

------------------
"Yeah, Bono's a nice bunch of guys" - The Edge.

Back
Top Bottom