All By Myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh April...just reading this now. You don't sound pathetic AT ALL and you don't want too much. You look absolutely gorgeous and it is physically impossible for you NOT to hook up with someone...I just wish he'd hurry the hell up! :mad:

:hug:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I'm glad for my freedoms, but couple this with just moving into a place by myself where I come home to a cat everynight, it tends to get lonely.

I agree about the holidays, though, Mike. That's when it really sucks.

Oh, I'm not saying you are wrong for the way you feel. I have felt exactly as you do during several time frames in my life. I was just agreeing with the place that bono's shades was coming from because I'm in a similiar place currently myself.

I guess I have been fortunate (or unfortunate) enough to be in both places. I have been in the never going to meet anyone lonely feeling and I have been in a bad relationship where I felt trapped with someone I didnt love and had almost nothing in common with (for 4 years, 2.5 of which were hell). BOTH places are very bad places to be. So I can look back on that in my current circumstance and feel pretty good about where I'm at even though I dont have that significant other in my life. Would be great if it happened. But being single isnt so bad either.

Last edited:
you know I love to bitch and moan about stuff like this every so many weeks/days. I think it would be great to be in a relationship. It has been a long time since I have been in one, but right now I realize that I am not 100% ready for one. I am enjoying my freedoms and the things that come along with it.

Do I sit around sometimes and wonder how it would be to have someone in my bed sleeping next to me? sure I think it is natural

Do I sit around and beat myself up about not finding him yet? of course

Do I think it is not going to happen to me? haha yeah I say this all the damn time. But do I believe myself? nope

I say all in due time.

The other thing I realized is that he is not going to fall into my lap, I have to do some work too in order to find him. Right now I just want to play. :D Even if it means playing with those I shouldn't.

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75:hug:

I'm 31 and still single. I still live at home. Lately, I have been wondering where I am going with my life, whether I will find someone and have a family, so I can relate to what you are dealing with. A lot of people say to us single people, "just hang in there, it will happen when it happens." I try to not think about it too much. Just focus on your goals and ambitions. I know you are trying to lose weight, and that is great. I know you can do it. Remember, there is somebody for everybody.

Back
Top Bottom