Ali Rose's hilariously lame love life(or lack thereof)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ali Rose

New Yorker
Yes I'm back again With yet ANOTHER hilarious boy story to tell...well not really i just like to tell people about my luck in this field...:laugh:

So theres been Chad, the barback that never called me...which is fine. OK. Then theres Def leppard boy Tommy Trainer, and now this guy.

OK so here we are(Walkron, Lemon M., Zoney and I at random Irish Pub downtown last night. Yay Zoney he runs into some old pals he knew from school, So I sit at the bar CONVEINIENTLY next to the one open stool...:angel:. I spot this cute bartender and try striking up conversation with him a couple times and then finally he parks it right in front of me and we begin prolly an hour long conversation. He's a nice guy, pretty cute...Likes to travel(YAY) buys me a drink, and to top thiings off, Played pretty much the entire "Best-of" (u2) for me Whenst he found out what a freak I am. ;)

So he gives me his card. Says we should get together some time, and I accept. :D So far so good eh?

Well I ask him if he likes U2 and he says Yeah. :D I ask what his fave bands are :banghead:and I shite you not. ....he blurts out..."NICKELBACK AND CREED" :shocked: Not only that but he's 33, and actually broke his fist punching a bowling ball return in a drunken fit about a week earlier. :coocoo: Then i later talked to a girl who said she had worked there and quit cuz he had been hitting on her....GAH.

Well at least i'm getting a little practice flirting if nothing else. If I did call him, and believe me the thought was actually still crossing my mind this morn...It would be only out of complete, total desperation.

*throws biz card away and starts all over again*

Sorry to bore you all with my boy stories...i just think they're so funny....:| I mean, do i have a huge neon sign above my head that says "crappy music lovers unite here?"

talk amongst your selves. LOL

*edit* to add point of story...

So tell me, all you actual nice, good, shy boys out there....

How does one go about meeting you instead of all the jerks? I mean, You all hide and we cant find you!!! and even if i did find you, if I tried flirting with you I'd prolly come off as easy or slutty or something no matter what approach am I Wrong? You complain that we won't come up to you but dammit. How are we supposed to know where ya are? :mad:

Last edited:
shy.gif

Yes i'm starting to think thats the only way. Go to shows and meet boys there. I'd prolly still get a Creed lover. My love planets just haven't alligned yet methinks.

really, i'm the one who's lame

If it makes you feel any better you're a lot more brave and have more actual experiences than me.

I can offer very little advice..I'm far too reclusive for my own good..spend more time waiting for something to crop up than searching for it myself, and then find myself wondering where all the nice, good, shy girls are. I think you'll be alright

:lol: Ali Rose must have been drunk to think those were old cronies from school.....

No, they were cute young ladies with semi-decent music tastes. Well, anyway - we are instant buddies now.

Even more frustrating than your little dilemma Ms. Ali Rose, is trying to deal with WOMAN who listen to cool music - and are sane. they are even more difficult to find than this illusive man you speak of.

Most of the concerts I go to have a guy/girl ratio of 3/1.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :scream: :madspit:

Shy? you are looking for shy? phew!!!

I had a "debate" about this yesterday. Shyness, what is up with it?There was an article on a mid-week science show on Tv here. They were saying some 'bright spark" has found a cure for shyness. They are medicating people with godknowswhat.

I was taken aback by that. I'm, shy and so are my sons. I don't like the way it is seen as a "disability". They get quite good marks at school, are well behaved, but nearly every teacher feels the need to write on their reports(whicjh they have to keep FOREVER) that they are quiet. The squeaky wheel does get the oil here, so in a competitive world I suppose it is a "disablility".

Umm, yes a point? None really. I am fascinated by your adventures Ali Rose....I just wanted to vent about shyness.
I'd give the guy who punched the bowling ball a miss. Not quite got control of his actions there, a bad sign for future conflict resolution skills
Good luck.

Ali Rose said:
NOpe. That was a "holy crap why didn't i think of that" smiley series.

and me being :der:

Seriously though.. its an excellent way to meet people and have fun at the same time.

:heart: :dance: :heart:

Oh hell Ali.
Just hook up w Diemen.
Elope together and live happily ever after and make U2 babies:)

DB9
:dance:

ACROB@T said:
I can offer very little advice..I'm far too reclusive for my own good..spend more time waiting for something to crop up than searching for it myself, and then find myself wondering where all the nice, good, shy girls are. I think you'll be alright

I'm the same way...only when looking for guys...most of them are either stuck on themselves, taken, or dirtbags.....:sigh: I'll never find a decent man.

~@~

cass said:
I had a "debate" about this yesterday. Shyness, what is up with it?There was an article on a mid-week science show on Tv here. They were saying some 'bright spark" has found a cure for shyness. They are medicating people with godknowswhat.

I was taken aback by that. I'm, shy and so are my sons. I don't like the way it is seen as a "disability"

I have suffered from shyness all my life..only the other night I was talking to a lovely Interferencer about the subject and its nice to know other people can relate. I think its gradually fading away as I get older, but I can appreciate that its also something that can follow you through life and doesn't regard years. Damn thing :p

Sheesh...and you think your love life is lame?? Haha, just kidding.
I know how you feel Ali...where the hell are they???

Ali Rose said:

How does one go about meeting you instead of all the jerks? I mean, You all hide and we cant find you!!! and even if i did find you, if I tried flirting with you I'd prolly come off as easy or slutty or something no matter what approach am I Wrong? You complain that we won't come up to you but dammit. How are we supposed to know where ya are? :mad:

Hehehe....oh the possibilities.... :D :flirt:. I guess one way is to work with some of these shy guys, sicy's idea is excellent, or another way would be to buy plane tickets and hunt down the guys whose addresses you have :evil:.

Seriously though, I don't know why you think you'd come of as easy or slutty no matter the approach just because a guy's shy (yes, you're wrong! :tongue:). Maybe if they're painfully shy, desperately insecure and extremely sheltered...but most shy guys are well-adjusted and don't freak out over something as fun as flirting. And you'd be surprised at some of the adventurous wild sides that just need the slightest encouragement to come out of these "shy guys." :)

Originally posted by diamond

Oh hell Ali.
Just hook up w Diemen.
Elope together and live happily ever after and make U2 babies

:lol: And it's just that easy, too! :sexywink:

____
:wave: Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match...

oh my I am soo shy :embarassed:

I mean I can not even hold a conversation with a girl without getting embarassed.

I have never had a date, or done you-know-what either.

Of course, i have done you-know-what a bit though

*coughs*

nevermind

:| :ohmy: :(

so you didnt want to date a guy because he likes a band you don't?
i honestly think you've got to give people more of a chance than that.
you're not going to find the perfect guy that acts, looks, dresses, smells, talks, walks, thinks, chews his food all the way you want him to, plus listens to U2.
dating a u2 fan of course is a bonus, but i do think you have to give people more of a chance in order to find the 'right enough' one.

Cowgirl i would never not date a guy cuz of that...LOL but i did think it was a funny part of the story I wanted to share. No i realize I will never find someone who likes all the same music as me...

ANyhoo yeah the whole breaking his fist on a bowling ball due to losing a game thing really detered me....:huh:

Ali Rose said:

How does one go about meeting you instead of all the jerks? I mean, You all hide and we cant find you!!!

Somehow the nice Girls and the good Boys seem to live in a parallel universe and they will never be able to date each other :lol:

let's make a deal, i introduce you to some nice (not allways shy) good cute and friendly boys and you introduce me to females with the same qualities? :wink:

Klaus

i hate you all.

ali rose, dont let amanda change your mind. anyone who likes nickelback and creed should be hung in the gallows.

Re: Re: Ali Rose's hilariously lame love life(or lack thereof)

Klaus said:

Somehow the nice Girls and the good Boys seem to live in a parallel universe and they will never be able to date each other :lol:

I think this is the understatement of the century.

let's make a deal, i introduce you to some nice (not allways shy) good cute and friendly boys and you introduce me to females with the same qualities? :wink:

Klaus

Is that you in that pic? :drool: :flirt:

just wondering :wave:

Equally as lame or funny:

My love life.

I must be a salvation for previously engaged or divorced women now. Last night I connected with a woman - and things were pretty cool. She is recently divorced from what seems like an odd three-year marriage.

The jury is still out on this one.

Back
Top Bottom