alarms and surprises: not even in my dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
i woke up this morning after living tommorow in my dream.

it was a dream of what my basic work day consists of. going to work, being at work, talking to my editor (who smells awful and is the most annoying person one has ever had to work with), buying water in the afternoon, and going home.

i even ran into a friend.

there was also one other bit in there, about me talking to someone about stuff, and it went well, but since that was merely placed in my dream to cause me to think about it non stop all day, id say it was a cruel slap in the face. i think about it during the day, i dont want to dream about it at night. sure, often the two go hand in hand, but usually when you think about something, in your dreams it ends up being either quite good or quite bad. never in between.

well it was in between. except it turned out alright. but not really. cause "alright" isnt good enough anymore. "alright" is bland, and thats fine, but i live through my signature, trying to go without all the highs and lows in life, but its almost no use. theres war everywhere, threats of war, people hate each other, and if i want to like one person why, just why, precisely would that be, in my mind, the most difficult thing in the world to accomplish?

could the dream not have been more exciting? why can i not even take a risk on this issue at night in my sleep? and its not even that big of a risk really.

this whole dream was a complete headfuck. i hate it. i cant help it that i have feelings, but so often i wish i didnt have any.

it seems like i cant even "dream out loud" in my own dreams.

and the only thing thats stopping me from achieving so much, is myself.

this post (surprise) is about as focused as my days have been the past few months, but lately its been a whole lot worse.

Well it depends.. sometimes I actually know I'm dreaming in my dream so I take control. Other times if its a really bad dream I will make myself wake up.

Cow of the Seas said:
this post (surprise) is about as focused as my days have been the past few months, but lately its been a whole lot worse.

i'm sorry you're having a hard time right now. i know exactly what you're saying though.

bear, you can't expect your subconscious to be any different than your conscious self. Just because you're dreaming doesn't mean you have super human powers beyond your everday life. I mean, sure, sometimes we can fly, but who hasn't? :tongue: But seriously... the reason you dream about such things is because you spend your days obsessing over it. You probably analyse it to death (which is perhaps why we get along so well, lol). So when it's time to sleep... you want to just rid yourself of it, or perhaps you even go to sleep pre-dreaming of how you wish things were/can be, but once asleep your over active mind takes charge, and more often than not, plays with your fears.
That's what happens to me anyways...
For example... I had a dream the other night, about 'something' and it was something I had been obsessing about and worrying about for days before... so of course I eventually dreamnt about it. And what I dreamnt about is pretty much everything I had been worrying about, so when I woke up it was a horrible feeling. And you are right! You think, damn! Why can't I be stronger in my dream? But you see, sometimes, our subconscious finds strength in our weaknesses.
I am really not making a whole lot of sense, and you have probably stopped reading this thread by now... but I had to comment, because I am fascinated by dreams and always try to take away meaning from my dreams. I believe you can, but I also believe that what we dream doesn't always have to do with what is real, or what will or won't happen. It's just our minds, taking us through our hopes, dreams, and in my case more often than not- fears. :|
Look, don't worry. People are always trying to kill me in my dreams. I have no clue where that comes from, because I have to no real fear of death...
Happy New Year to you. :kiss:

Sicy said:
Well it depends.. sometimes I actually know I'm dreaming in my dream so I take control. Other times if its a really bad dream I will make myself wake up.

I do that too. But sometimes I'll be having a good dream and get really tired in the dream and fall asleep, and that's when I wake up. :der:

I had a horrible dream last nite. I dreampt that daafish got shot and was dead. I didnt see it happen but I knew it happened. I was in public places breaking down and crying... I remember having memories in my dream about us.. but the scary thing is that they were real memories. The dream was so friggin real. I woke up ubruptly at 4am and looked next to me to see daafish sleeping peacefully. I cant say how relieved I was. I hugged him and kissed him as a tear rolled down my cheek.

nightmares :mad:

I had about 8 different nightmares last night. No joke. I am not feeling good, that coupled with a horrible wind and rain storm I had a very restless night.
I think Bono even scared the crap out of me in one of them. :crack:

wow, some of you have some really intensely awful dreams.

then theres meeganie, i thought that was pretty funny.

mine are almost always extremely joyful (almost like heaven really) or terribly depressing.

as you can tell by my original post though, i had a very boring dream and it bugged for reasons that i dont want to share.

:angry:

i've had some awful dreams like the ones sicy and velvet mentioned, and i end up waking up in tears.

and then...there are some weird, very strange dreams i have...like for instance, the other night i dreamt that i was pregnant with Tony Kanal's baby and when I had the baby, it was weird...the baby was a bar of soap :coocoo: :eeklaugh:

I've been having some crackified dreams recently. :crack:

Mine always vary from normal ones that come true to INSANELY weird ones to really scary apocalypse ones. :crazy:

i once had such a cool dream, it made me feel better about myself because it made me feel like noone else could ream something half as cool.

one part of it consisted me falling through a black and white world of genetic code and dna strands with numbers representing the different strands. it was super-intense.

Gosh, my dreams are for the most part boring....

But I always have the same recurring dream, ever since I was a child: I'm in my house and there will either be bombs coming, or planes crashing.... I can hear and see them coming, but I usually wake up before they impact. But I haven't had one of those in about a year and a half.

The last really bad dream I had was I was acting in this movie set on a boat. Then this weird pyscho guy was killing everyone so I hid in this closet and when I got out the boat was sinking and I drowned.

I always have dreams about planes crashing. In fact last nite I dreampt a fed x plane crashed nose first like right in front of me.

I used to always have dreams about dogs biting me. But I havent had one of those in a while.

i always have recurring dreams. same thing over and over again. im at my old church and im trying to find an old friend in each room, and i see his car in the back, and then when i seem to find him, i wake up. i end up crying because of that too:(
i haven't had one of those dreams in a month though.

For the most part I don't remember my dreams. I've been having some really weird but good ones lately, I always wake up wishing that they were true!! :laugh:

If I have bad ones, they're almost always so frightening and horrible that I wake up in a cold sweat and can never make it back to sleep. It doesn't matter if it's 1am or 6am, I'm always wide awake until morning. :crack: The last really fucked up one that I had, I was being raped by a terrorist who then blew up my house with my mom and animals inside of it. The worst part was, I could see their faces in the windows as it was blowing up. :sad: :sad:

I keep having a reoccuring dream that my dad is picking me up to go to a Cardinal's baseball game on a Sunday afternoon in June. I'm just waiting on my couch in my condo with the front door open so I can see when he pulls up. Its the same dream every time. He shows up in the same car he had, wearing a red polo and white shorts with a navy blue Cardinals hat on and sunglasses. I run outside and give him a big hug and he says everytime, "So what are we going to get to eat?" because we would always joke about what we were going to eat at the game.

Then I wake up and realize its all bullshit and then I go outside and have a cigarette.

I usually don't remember my dreams
and when I do remember they're usually boring in a sense that they don't differ much from real life situations

ah well

i seldom remember dreams, but i have been lately...and i'm very worried about my mental condition...:ohmy:...i once had a dream that was so sad that i was about to cry for a week...

((bear))

Back
Top Bottom