Alarm Clocks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
hey, this is actually serious. it might not be sane, but i'm not kidding.

the sound of an alarm clock going off drives me absolutly nuts. telephones too. but alarm clocks in particular. they must be shut off immdiatley.

right now, i'm really close to walking down the hall, listening at all the doors until i find the person who's alarm clock as been going off non-stop for the last 10 minutes, and waking them up myself...only to put them back to sleep--a sleep of the more permanent, illegal nature. and then take a hammer to their clock in hope of it never making that horrid beeping sound again. :shudder:

i don't mean that it bugs me, it does more than bug me. i've come very close to throwing my own alarm clock out the window before, and i wouldn't be surprised if some day i do. i've launched alarm clocks off tables and desks for going off while i was awake (usually because i forgot to turn it off when i got up and just hit the snooze button, and then it goes off 10 minutes later).

so i say we take up arms (ok, here's the not so serious part) and hammers and all sorts of other weapons, and destroy the foul harbringers of doom. who's with me!?

I am so with you...I think loud screeching alarm clocks are the worst sound EVER. It pisses me off when you hear them in tv commercials...I'll be sitting in my living room, reading while someone else is watching tv. Then one of those commercials will come on with the alarm blaring, and it seriously scares the shit out of me!

So yeah...bring on the muthafuckin' hammers...

:wink:

:huh: If you don't like them., why buy them? lol! It's not the alarm clock's fault-it's just doing it's job!!:eyebrow: But I can understand what you are saying about the Neighbor's alarm clock going off!! Ugh!:madspit:

my alarm plays music, everyone else hears it except me.
I sleep through the music every single morning and it plays music for 30 mins, the more worrying thing is I have my old alarm clock timed to go off 10 minutes after the first one then my alarm on my phone to go off 10 minutes after that and I sleep through 3 alarms. I have given up now and just roll out of bed when my sister thumps me :up:

my brother has a spongebob squarepants alarm clock that starts off with this awful BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM fog horn sound, and then it sings. i hate being home when my siblings have school because despite the fact that the door to his room is closed, and the door to my room is closed, that thing still wakes me up before he hears it and shuts it off. the song has to play and blam three or four times before he wakes up. it gets me on the first fog horn :crack:

gotta have it be music. I'm violently attuned to destruction at the sound of most alarm clock beeps or blats or all the other obnoxious things they do.

I used to have a stereo that I could set as an alarm clock, and wake up to whatever CD I left in it... that was good.

Abject weirdness though, when the radio goes off and the music or talking gets into your dream as you're trying to wake up.... :crazy:

my stereo blasts on cue everyday to wake me up. :|

of course, i have to anticipate to wake up before then, to turn down the volume before annoying the neighbors.

Last edited:
IWasBored said:
my brother has a spongebob squarepants alarm clock that starts off with this awful BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM fog horn sound, and then it sings. i hate being home when my siblings have school because despite the fact that the door to his room is closed, and the door to my room is closed, that thing still wakes me up before he hears it and shuts it off. the song has to play and blam three or four times before he wakes up. it gets me on the first fog horn :crack:

i dont think i've ever laughed so hard i cried.

i have that same alarm clock:|

hidden. very very well.

there is only one noise that really really irritates me and it is people who slurp and crunch their food, yesterday I was trying to study and some girl in the library ate a huge packet of crisps, as if that wasnt bad enough she produces an apple and I have never heard anything like it in my life :crack: the cretin munched and munched and munched and I couldnt think straight, the girl beside her must have got annoyed by it too because she slammed her pen down and stormed out and came back when she had finished her apple, i remained calm (just about) and when another seat became free i moved to it. Now I know why they have the signs asking people not to eat in the library. :crazy:

I hate the sound of alarm clocks. We had this one alarm clock that made me want to have a nervous breakdown when i heard it. I think it's because it was the one that woke me up in high school at 5 am everyday. I don't like loud noises, especially sudden ones on top of it. I need to get me one of those radio ones :crack:

I *detest* alarm clocks! I wake up early naturally and don't need to use them. Plus, I hate loud noises. They jangle my nervous system. Ugh!:mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I just remembered this alarm clock my aunt used to have...the Rocking Chicken Alarm Clock. It would play music and sing...

Wow!
Yeah!
Hey, baby, wake up!
Come and dance with me!

:lmao:

wolfeden said:
Abject weirdness though, when the radio goes off and the music or talking gets into your dream as you're trying to wake up.... :crazy:
This has happened to me! The morning DJ's end up in my dream. Freaky!

My rooomie freshman year NEVER heard her alarm clock. :mad: I would get up and shut it off. She had several 8 am classes she didn't get to because I shut off her alarm at 7 after listening to the horrible beep for half an hour.

I have an alarm clock set at top volume to an annoying radio station that I don't always hear, so I have my cell phone as back up. I fear the day I need a third alarm.

I don't like clocks with alarms - must have music :wink:

A few years ago we bought a Honey Nut Corn Flakes alarm clock. It crowed like a rooster. It was really funny until it woke us up one morning around 3 am and wouldn't shut off. The rooster had to die.

~LadyLemon~ said:
I am so with you...I think loud screeching alarm clocks are the worst sound EVER. It pisses me off when you hear them in tv commercials...I'll be sitting in my living room, reading while someone else is watching tv. Then one of those commercials will come on with the alarm blaring, and it seriously scares the shit out of me!

So yeah...bring on the muthafuckin' hammers...

:wink:

OMG i hate that when you hear them on tv...it's scared me before too, or once or twice i even jumped off my sofa and ran into my bedroom thinkging "WTF, why is my alarm clock going off at nite?" and then realized the sound was coming from my tv :laugh:

as much as a hate alarm clocks, i have two of them that i set every morning, i couldn't wake up without them :huh:

icelle said:

i dont think i've ever laughed so hard i cried.

i have that same alarm clock:|

hidden. very very well.

:laugh: :up: as long as it's not BLAAAAAAAAAAAAMing people out of bed from down the hall.

Originally posted by wolfeden
I used to have a stereo that I could set as an alarm clock, and wake up to whatever CD I left in it... that was good.

Abject weirdness though, when the radio goes off and the music or talking gets into your dream as you're trying to wake up....

in high school i'd set my cd player to wake me up, that was the most pleasant way to wake up ever. the clash--safe european home, a surefire way to get you out of bed.

i've had the talking radio thing find its way into dreams before. freaky shit.

I have my alarm clock set to sports radio. I find that I have a lot of dreams about Bob Stoops (OU head football coach), Barry Bonds, Kobe Bryant, and other sports figures they talk about a lot. When I realize I'm dreaming about Tiger Woods and golf, I know it's time to get up.

theSoulfulMofo said:
my stereo blasts on cue everyday to wake me up. :|

of course, i have to anticipate to wake up before then, to turn down the volume before annoying the neighbors.

My alarm clock broke so this is what I'm doing too. I'm sure my family appreciates it. :uhoh:

Lately it's been blasting Bono & Gavin Friday's "Children of the Revolution" which is succeeding in making me wet my pants. :| I must remember to change the CD...and turn down the volume.

I'll probably wear out my stereo. :uhoh:

They are indeed a tool of Satan.

I wake up naturally and never use them. My husband uses his mobile phone as an alarm. Which not only has an ANNOYING noise but he doesnt wake up first time. It takes him about FOUR gos.

At the moment hes on early shift and his alarm goes off at 5:00am so hes sleeping on the lounge. Unfortunately I can still hear it but cant throw my pillow that far, so I have to get out of bed to wake him up to turn his friggin phone off. :mad:

mine is set to edge 102. most of the time it's ok but sometimes i get woken up by the most absurd head jarring music.

2 days ago...beastie boys - you got to fight for your right to party
this morning - some horrible song by linkin park

i think i got to change my radio station to an easy listening station

Lara Mullen said:
there is only one noise that really really irritates me and it is people who slurp and crunch their food, yesterday I was trying to study and some girl in the library ate a huge packet of crisps, as if that wasnt bad enough she produces an apple and I have never heard anything like it in my life :crack: the cretin munched and munched and munched and I couldnt think straight

OH man. I'm with you on that. I HATE HATE HATE smack-y slurp-y eating noises, I would have clobbered that girl! The nerve of eating two of the noisiest foods known to mankind in the LIBRARY, wtf??? :mad: :rant: :yell:

My roommate's alarm clock doesn't just beep once repeatedly. It beeps four time like this, BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP repeatedly till it is turned off. However, it doesn't just start on one level and go till he finally hits snooze. It starts nice and quiet, get a little louder, and the if it gets to this point, it friggin BLASTS out the BEEP's! Notice also the snooze button... The record of times hearing it in one morning is 8, usually after i curse at him though he gets up.

Got Philk? said:
My roommate's alarm clock doesn't just beep once repeatedly. It beeps four time like this, BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP repeatedly till it is turned off. However, it doesn't just start on one level and go till he finally hits snooze. It starts nice and quiet, get a little louder, and the if it gets to this point, it friggin BLASTS out the BEEP's! Notice also the snooze button... The record of times hearing it in one morning is 8, usually after i curse at him though he gets up.

yeah, those things are evil. one of my former roommates' cell phone alarm did that. she kept the thing under her pillow, yet it would still wake me up in its quiet stage, and she wouldn't hear it until it got loud :crack: this was the same person who would turn my alarm clock off if she was awake when it went off and heard it before i woke up. i don't know how that happened.

Back
Top Bottom