Ah man... please pray for me.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Most of you probably don't know, but when I was 14 I had a brain hemorrhage. The largest vein in my brain had a weak spot and basically popped. The blood on my brain caused me to have a seizure. I went through days of testing and staying at a hospital and waited for months for my test results (that was the worst part). Eventually they decided I would be OK and sent me home.

2 years later I had another seizure out of the blue. The doctors said they couldn't find a cause this time and sent me home the same night. I was hoping that would be my last.

Well. tonight I had another seizure. I was in the bathroom about to take a shower and I became extremely dizzy. At first I thought it was normal but then my thought became extremely blurred. I knew I wouldn't have enough time to make it out of the bathroom so I banged on the door and called for my brother who was outside. Next thing I knew I was in a stretcher on my way to the hospital. Easily the worst feeling in the world.

They ran a few tests and found nothing wrong again. Unfortunately I'll have to go through another operation where they send hot ink into my brain. Easily the most painful thing I've ever been though. Hopefully they can put me to sleep this time.

The worst part is I can't drive for six months. I have two jobs and college so... yeah. Not a cool situation.

shart1780 said:
Most of you probably don't know, but when I was 14 I had a brain hemorrhage. The largest vein in my brain had a weak spot and basically popped. The blood on my brain caused me to have a seizure. I went through days of testing and staying at a hospital and waited for months for my test results (that was the worst part). Eventually they decided I would be OK and sent me home.

2 years later I had another seizure out of the blue. The doctors said they couldn't find a cause this time and sent me home the same night. I was hoping that would be my last.

Well. tonight I had another seizure. I was in the bathroom about to take a shower and I became extremely dizzy. At first I thought it was normal but then my thought became extremely blurred. I knew I wouldn't have enough time to make it out of the bathroom so I banged on the door and called for my brother who was outside. Next thing I knew I was in a stretcher on my way to the hospital. Easily the worst feeling in the world.

They ran a few tests and found nothing wrong again. Unfortunately I'll have to go through another operation where they send hot ink into my brain. Easily the most painful thing I've ever been though. Hopefully they can put me to sleep this time.

The worst part is I can't drive for six months. I have two jobs and college so... yeah. Not a cool situation.

I will pray for you.

You'll be in my prayers. :(

May I ask if you are/were on any sort of anti-seizure meds (my sister has epilepsy and takes, for example, Tegretol)? I don't know if that's possible in your situation but thought I'd mention it (obvious though it is) since it's worked well for her.

:hug:

Sherry Darling said:
You'll be in my prayers. :(

May I ask if you are/were on any sort of anti-seizure meds (my sister has epilepsy and takes, for example, Tegretol)? I don't know if that's possible in your situation but thought I'd mention it (obvious though it is) since it's worked well for her.

:hug:

Well, I was on my anti seizure meds a couple years ago for as long as I was perscribed it. I had no seizures while on medication so that's a good sign.

I just got another perscription today so I'm hoping all will go well.

Thanks for the consideration everyone!

Don't worry, Shart. If you've found a medication that you can tolerate you've won most of the battle. It's not so bad.

Primidone 250mg. T.I.D.

shart1780 said:

Well, I was on my anti seizure meds a couple years ago for as long as I was perscribed it. I had no seizures while on medication so that's a good sign.

I just got another perscription today so I'm hoping all will go well.

Thanks for the consideration everyone!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

My fiance has had several seizures like you describe - he starts to tense up in the shower (starting in his hand), every muscle in his body tightens, and he passes out for a while. He's been on Carbatrol for a long time and hasn't had a seizure since.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you don't have a repeat of this seizure and that the procedure goes well.

I actually pass out before I get tensed up. At least I assume I get tensed up because the morning after a seizure I feel like I lifted weights for ten hours straight.

shart1780 said:
I actually pass out before I get tensed up. At least I assume I get tensed up because the morning after a seizure I feel like I lifted weights for ten hours straight.

Yes, you have in all actually become very tense. That's why you feel that way. My son went through this also.
You already know you will have to find out which medication will be best for you.
With that said the latest research is really promising.
Great strides in medical research of the brain have been made controlling all types of siezures.
Good luck and I will post what I can find.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Shart... :(

I can only say you're in my prayers, and that I do hope you will try to keep the faith :hug:

Back
Top Bottom